Day 1

load previous
Oct 16, 2021 6:22 pm
The entry on the far left (E) looks to be the most isolated. I say we start there. I can still take point.
Oct 16, 2021 6:40 pm
I agree, the west entrance E looks like the least likely place to come face to face with enemies. Maybe we can even sneak to up on those bastards this time
Oct 16, 2021 8:08 pm
Can't we just yell out and prepare an ambush for them? It will save us the unsafe trip....
Oct 16, 2021 10:09 pm
Phoenix will scratch his chin.
"I’m fine with heading into the west entrance, but it is a bit narrow. If anything should drop from the ceiling or some other such nonsense it’d make for a rather cramped encounter."
Oct 17, 2021 12:09 am
Anguis, you're an odd sort. My vision will fail soon. We can do it your way then. For now, come along. I lead in. Normal pace.
Oct 17, 2021 12:16 am
Elrond considers Anguis’s comment

You might have a point. It looks like Bellow and Phoenix are going in, me and you can stay out here and wait for the all clear so we don’t all get caught in a potential trap or ambush together.

Elrond waits outside with Anguis
Last edited October 17, 2021 12:17 am
Oct 17, 2021 3:17 am
Bellow thinks to himself, Can't be too surprised Mr Charisma in his shiny armor doesn't want to follow a barbarian. I proceed anyway.
Last edited October 17, 2021 3:18 am
Oct 17, 2021 5:43 am
Bellow, you step in the entrance E but nothing unexpected happens. He slowly and cautiously goes to the left tor the corner and follow into the corridor, but suddenly floor collapses under your weight and you start falling. While falling he tries to catch the edge but that is not an easy task as the stones are rolling down the pit.
OOC:
Bellow, please roll a DC 15 dexterity saving throw with advantage due to your Danger Sense
Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am
Still he decides to follow 10 ft after the barbarian.
Still i would prefer if we keep our numbers intact, someone had told me that there's strength in them... I wonder who...

When the trap activates Anguis rushes up to Bellow dropping his bearings on the way. He crouches down and attempts to help him get back up...

Some may call it odd, some cautious, but i prefer to not fall into traps due to my low sense of space...
Last edited October 17, 2021 9:47 am
Oct 17, 2021 1:03 pm
Trying not to fall! Thinking here's the noise Anguis suggested.

Rolls

Dex - (1D20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Dex adv - (1D20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Oct 17, 2021 1:14 pm
Bellow managed to catch edge and see a 10 ft deep pit with sharp spikes. And get back up more than happy his relaxes are so sharp. The pit size is 8 feet should you try to jump over.
Oct 17, 2021 3:56 pm
Whew! Escaped again. This place is testing my reflexes.
We could probably jump this but let's play it safe and go back and try a different path.
Oct 17, 2021 4:03 pm
https://i.imgur.com/mfu6ynK.jpg so just help you your options that I see (there could be other if you think outside the box:
1. jump
2. carefully descend move through and get up on the other side, but it will require athletics check DC10 to get dow and then up
3. give up going this way
Oct 17, 2021 5:16 pm
"Something tells me that wasn’t the only one of these pits we’ll find.
Perhaps we should check that large room back down the hall.
Though we should probably check the floor for other such traps before we actually head in."
OOC:
Would we be able to check for traps?
Oct 17, 2021 5:41 pm
OOC:
Describe me how do you check for traps.
Now as you know what to look for you will be able to discover unstable floors without skill checks. If if there is something different, like a swinging log - you will certainly miss it without light source. Maybe even with the light as you don't have anyone with high PP in the party.
However should you let's say roll a log into corridor there is a chance to trigger that log trap and since you are away from impact point it will not hurt you. But as you could guess there are no log traps - I would use them as example. You have no idea what traps are there and if there are any more than one.
Oct 17, 2021 10:19 pm
OOC:
I would like to look for floor tiles that might be a bit more elevated or slightly more depressed than other floor tiles. In other words I’m looking for pressure plates. I can cast guidance on myself if I need to roll something otherwise that’s just what Phoenix happens to be looking to avoid.
Oct 17, 2021 10:51 pm
OOC:
Can I Help Phoenix look?

Rolls

Help - (1D20)

(17) = 17

Oct 18, 2021 12:22 am
Elrond had waited at the entrance of E. considering the trap went off close to the entrance it’s safe to assume Elrond saw or heard it all. He now moves into the entrance of E and turns right, then left into the larger room. Looking for traps at the same time
Last edited October 18, 2021 12:25 am
Oct 18, 2021 4:12 am
Pheonix could you elaborate? Are you trying to SEE them in the corridor? That will be perception with disadvantage due to dark.
Gnellson could you explain how you help a person spot something? I will allow each of you do perception on the corridor if you move there one by one.
Oct 18, 2021 4:23 am
Elrond discovers some cracks in the floor some 5ft from the entrance to the large room. You suddenly this might be the same trap. Floor to right and left seems fine. Do you continue analyzing the room?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.