Day 1

load previous
Oct 26, 2021 4:26 am
Anguis should have realized the only reason he as an adventurer would visit tomb in a company of a guide who knows about the traps in it is to steal some ancient artefacts protected by no living creatures but only by traps, undead or .... as you just experienced-constructs
Oct 26, 2021 9:27 am
Bubbles sent a note to GreyWord
Last edited October 26, 2021 9:32 am
Oct 26, 2021 11:15 am
OOC:
I've just realised - now as you have seen walls in the bright light from flaming sphere, Bellow and Anguis could roll your Religion checks if you want - we will see if anyone of you did a researching about religion the culture represented in the tomb before visiting that tomb in your previous life (based on your previous good rolls we know that you have both been in the tombs it same culture/race).
Oct 26, 2021 2:52 pm
Fellows, I thought it before, but now in the light, I'm sure I've been in a place like this before. I think it is a Githzari tomb. There will be more traps.
He gazes at the wall paintings to decipher any meaning.

Rolls

Religion - (1D20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Oct 26, 2021 6:48 pm
Bellow look at those tall and emaciated-looking humanoids with their skulls long and angular, deep-set eyes, flattened noses, and long pointed ears. You remember - they tended to train in martial combat and fought as monks. Monks weapons of their champions were burrowed in tomb like this upon the death.
As a result tombs were usual target for adventurers and Githzari put enormous effort into building traps: physical and magical means to kill those who dares to steal weapons. They would usually hire masters craftsman of different nations and races as they were not proficient in building protective measures.
Oct 26, 2021 8:12 pm
I share my recollections, The Githzari I knew of fought as monks. They would bury weapons with their dead -- behind traps like these plus magical traps.
After a moment I add, It seems we may be the first people to enter this particular tomb.
Oct 26, 2021 8:21 pm
Anguis is flexing his brain for more knowledge... Feeling sad as he realizes how right Bellow is and that there's no tea and crackers in the tomb...
Last edited October 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Rolls

Religion - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Oct 27, 2021 3:43 am
Elrond look through the doorway to the right and attempts to quietly move along the right wall and keep moving up the path. He is scanning the ceiling for any more holes, the floor for any pressure plates or anything that looks like it won’t hold his weight. He is also looking for holes on the walls or ruins anywhere else in the hallway.
Oct 27, 2021 6:18 am
Anguis touches the wall and memory flashbacks allow you to conclude following:
There should be a safe path through this tomb connecting all altars, rooms and entrances. They could be stuff hiding the path from unenlightened. Such as hidden doors, illusory walls.
OOC:
Monks knew the paths and followed them in their every day routine work. Knowing a sidestep could mean death is completely fine for a monk
Oct 27, 2021 6:19 am
OOC:
Please confirm this is where Elrond is going:
https://i.imgur.com/020iVUj.png
Oct 27, 2021 7:26 am
If given opportunity, Anguis grabs Elrond by the shoulder to stop him for a moment and says.
You should be careful, if I'm not messing anything up again this place should contain a safe path to all rooms. Those damn monks had a sick sense of humour and loved their bee-lines, look out for hidden doors and fake walls - both magic and not.
Last edited October 27, 2021 7:26 am
Oct 27, 2021 11:07 am
French yourc hoice. Anguis were busy in the memories. Should Elrond move really slowly but determined I would allow reaction just because it is no more dark
Oct 27, 2021 12:45 pm
You're right Greg. The monks would know a safe path.
Bellow looks for tracks or signs of wear on the floor that would indicate one way was walked more than another.
Can anyone see a more-used path?
Oct 27, 2021 12:56 pm
There is a problem is finding path: the floor is covered in deep dust. Around you - where you just had a battle and as you have light now you clearly see no paths (looks like people came here seldom to never).
OOC:
You will need to take light source and go back to any rooms you been before to find them. You will also need to remove dust from the floor in areas you have not been yet to.
Oct 27, 2021 1:43 pm
Elrond feels the human grab his shoulder tight. Elrond stops moving and aggressively shrugs off his hand. Fine then, smart guy. How else are we going to get through here if we don't move?
Last edited October 27, 2021 1:43 pm
Oct 27, 2021 2:39 pm
Now.. its good to be ready of combat, who knew that they're not friendly, for example I met all of you in an old, dusty wooden box, shady, no? Anyhow, which one of you feels like they know how to look for tracks, magic things, I would like to transfer light for maximum efficiency.

He shrugs and looks at his companions, glad that no-one has lost their spirit or gone insane, yet...
Last edited October 27, 2021 2:53 pm
Oct 27, 2021 3:15 pm
Elrond shakes off his annoyance and considers their options if we encounter an intelligent creature I could try to charm then into showing us the way, but we haven’t seen anyone yet
Oct 27, 2021 3:43 pm
Phoenix scratches his chin.
" I don’t know much about ruins like this, but I could cast guidance on one of you two and perhaps with your prior knowledge you’d be able to find one of these hidden paths."
Oct 27, 2021 6:28 pm
Actually, since Anguis light spell shed dim light 40 ft and you all have dark vision, you could see small scratches on the wall at doorway to the right, where Elrond wanted to go. You could make a conclusion something have been carried through those doors. You do not see any of those on the doorways you just entered (one below you in the battle map).
Oct 27, 2021 10:19 pm
Umm guys, not that I take a closer look I think we should stay away from this doorway, looks like scratch marks all long it. Maybe we need to try a different path
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.