Day 1

load previous
Oct 31, 2021 3:15 pm
Bellow barely make it down without falling and wait for Elrond or Anguis to help him out.
Elrond, Anguis anyone helping Bellow with a rope ? That will require no checks, just your free will to help.
Oct 31, 2021 3:24 pm
Sure, Anguis will pass now glowing 'Diplomacy' to Elrond, during the help action, and will help him get through.
Last edited November 1, 2021 11:08 am
Nov 1, 2021 6:16 am
OOC:
Tenrec will be joining you a bit later, for now I will just move Phoenix along, let's assume you helped him with the ropes.
You are squeezing at the cave entrance and see corridor going further, the corridor turns left - to the north.
https://i.imgur.com/ewqrYLK.png
The cave 5 ft high at the entrance and coiling goes up, floor goes horizontally 20 feets, but then start going up as well and almost meet the ceiling so it is hard to see how it ends. You will need to go up to see. There are sort of ladders that will make it easy to go up.
Nov 1, 2021 11:28 am
Anguis, I believe, would stay in the back lines, since, he's been helping others to get over. If Bellow has either wristguards or gloves Anguis transfers his light cantrip to the object.
Last edited November 1, 2021 11:28 am
Nov 1, 2021 2:09 pm
No gloves. No bracers. Maybe light on his shirt.
Thanks for the light A. You should ask Phoenix if he has any healing left for you.
I'll go back on point.

I step 15' into the cave, glad to be on natural ground instead of that man-made flooring.
I pause here to look around and to let everyone else to enter if they wish.
Nov 1, 2021 4:03 pm
You see that the steps up are man-made and they look "used", it is quiet otherwise.
Nov 1, 2021 4:57 pm
Elrond follows beside Bellow. He scans around him for any signs of living creatures or potential traps. He then moves to 30 ft into the opening, quarterstaff in hand at the ready.
Nov 1, 2021 6:11 pm
Since you did not explain what exactly are you doing I want you to roll wisdom check (d20+your wisdom modifier) to see how exactly is he "scanning".
OOC:
By the way, when you say living creature, does it include zombies/skeletons, constructs, elementals and plants? You do realise how different the sign of those are?
Nov 1, 2021 9:50 pm
Anguis will follow behind the group, so that there's 5 ft between him and Bellow.

He remembers that he knows another means of healing and casts cure wounds on himself. Moving his hands over the fresh wounds and muttering a prayer in infernal, he manages to heal them enough so they don't bleed.
[ +- ] The prayer in infernal
OOC:
HP. - 18/23
Last edited November 1, 2021 10:27 pm

Rolls

Cure wounds (1st lvl) - (1d8+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Nov 2, 2021 1:39 am
OOC:
By scanning I just mean diligently looking around, and yes i guess by living I mean any sentient threat.

Rolls

Widom - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Nov 2, 2021 7:15 am
OOC:
As I've mentioned previously all ground is covered in dust and it goes up as you move leaving tracks of where you have been
Elrond see the dust is distributed equally and he see no evidence of crawling creatures on the walls or ceiling, so he conclude that the creatures that could be here are either floating, Incorporeal or just a creature that does not need to move/feed, such as zombies.
The steps you see in front of you and the ceilings right above them seems man made, most probably ceilings were too low here and it was made higher, but this is the only feature that seems unnatural in the cave.
OOC:
Though you have no idea what could be covered under the dust - you can't "scan" through the dust unless I'm missing your features allowing that :) .
Nov 2, 2021 10:49 pm
I put my rope back into my pack. Ready both axes. I walk to the steps. The map shows 3 steps. If that's all there are, Bellow will jump to the top. If more than 3, just walk up normally.
Nov 3, 2021 5:12 am
there are more. They take you 10 feet upwards and you see that cave other end goes back into tomb. You see a room with altar and two chests on the altar. Chests are exactly same as you seen in the cavern.
OOC:
Adding visual just for more clarity
https://i.imgur.com/bBhEU84.png
Nov 3, 2021 4:17 pm
Elrond moves until he is 30 feet away from the chest. He casts Mage Hand and move the hand toward the chest, and every 5 feet the hand pushes down as hard as it can on the ground in an attempt to find any pitfall traps.
Nov 3, 2021 6:08 pm
OOC:
You can use the hand to manipulate an object, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the Contents out of a vial.
The hand can't Attack, activate magical items, or carry more than 10 pounds.
I assume Elrond do understand that this way he will not find traps that trigger when more than 10 pounds of wight are applied.
And no your mage hand technique do not reveal anything.

Nevertheless, you have made dust from the floor go up in the air. You sneeze, but see floor similar to the one in the big hall. You realise however that the floor behind altar seems half inch lower - apparently monks have been spending a lot of time next to the altar.
Nov 3, 2021 7:14 pm
Anguis carefully, following Elronds tracks, then checking with his javelin contraption, walks up to the crossroads (the wall that divides the path), he then attempts to open up his mind to his surroundings (divine sense).
Nov 3, 2021 7:40 pm
Anguis feel relief as divine senses detect no Celestial, fiend, or Undead within sight.
Note for everyone as you look around you could see decayed bookshelves in the room to the left. You realise that the chests are the only things that looks fresh and not covered with dust here.
Nov 3, 2021 8:14 pm
He walks closer to the group, if they had not approached him yet.

Theres no celestials, fiends or undead in the close proximity, at least I don't sense any.

He looks at the old bookcases.
Once we secure the perimeter, could you help me look through the old bookcases, we might find a scroll, that could save our hides or catch a good trade back at the camp.
Nov 3, 2021 10:07 pm
Okay, we have checked as much as we can, so I'm ready to go in. I walk straight to the near chest. Pause to look around. If no threats, I will stowe my axe and pick up the chest.
Nov 3, 2021 10:23 pm
no threats. By pick up you mean put it into the bag of holdings? Both of them? Or do you open them on the altar? They are each rather heavy. You can carry one at a time.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.