Day 1

load previous
Jan 24, 2022 3:23 am
Might have to exit quickly so Thorem will make sure it is well cleared. He tends not to slip through any small spaces.

Rolls

Important Pile Roll d3 - (1d3)

(2) = 2

Jan 24, 2022 1:33 pm
I agree with Thorem and continue clearing stones.
Jan 24, 2022 2:25 pm
As you continue feel that smell... a dead dead humanoid, somewhere beneath stones. It reminds you of the undead you have faced. Do you continue?
Jan 24, 2022 10:20 pm
Smelling the dead Anguis goes to his feet and grabs his newfound sword and his shield. Then walks up to the Alright, go ahead, if it's another zombie, we better decapitate it, i don't want undead breathing down my spine, if it's a corpse, we better grab a namesake, might ease someone's burden...
At the same time thinking well if it's a corpse the least i gain, if i find someone who knows them, is a favor, maybe a bit of reputation, that thing walks a long way...
Last edited January 24, 2022 10:21 pm
Jan 25, 2022 3:38 am
Bellow hesitates to listen to Anguis, then continues to clear stones.
Jan 25, 2022 4:23 pm
Not a fan of this undead, but i will follow your lead nessus.
Jan 25, 2022 5:04 pm
Let's say yous pend another 10 minutes and dig up a dead dwarf corpse. Looks like worker with a pickaxe and no weapons/armour.

Further you see two paths - slightly in different directions. One leads to cavern, another - you can't see it take turn.
Cavern is on the edge of your dark vision, you can't see how big it is or what is there. Everything is dark (you still have your light from light spell don't you). Tunnels are about 10 feed wide and high.
https://i.imgur.com/TEbVCw0.png
You notice a pair of boots and a wooden stick laying on the ground.
Jan 26, 2022 12:40 am
Thorem will pick up the boots mostly wondering if they belonged to the dead dwarven miner. And he can always use another pair if these fit.
Jan 26, 2022 8:33 am
OOC:
Ye, as long as Anguis and Bellow are in the same spot in the caves and there's no need to sneak, Bellow is in barbarian-torch mode
If no-one else does it Anguis takes the stick and throws it into the bag, then looks over the corpse for a namesake and does the same, before heading after the others, still preferring his shield to be equipped in his free hand.
Last edited January 26, 2022 8:36 am
Jan 26, 2022 2:58 pm
GeneCortess says:
Thorem will pick up the boots mostly wondering if they belonged to the dead dwarven miner.
Make an Intelligence(investigation) check please.
Bubbles says:
looks over the corpse for a namesake and does the same
Could you elaborate please? Do you mean name tag? No in my world dwarfs don't use those. But you could make a pure Intelligence check to see what Anguis is able to deduce about possible identity.
Jan 26, 2022 4:26 pm
Investigation Check

Rolls

Investigation Check - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Jan 26, 2022 5:45 pm
The dead dwarf also has boots, as you compare them they seem similar. While comparing boots Thorem realises that wooden part of the pickaxe is similar to the wooden stick you found there - you could even see the place where metal used to be attached. But the metal part is gone.
Jan 26, 2022 9:55 pm
Thorem asks the others, "Have any you noticed metal being missing here. Strangely the dead miner's metal is missing. At least some of it. May be something to think about as we move further." as he has examined boots.
Jan 26, 2022 10:00 pm
OOC:
Namesake this case could be anything that could help identify the corpse, something with his name/initials or a signet
Anguis is looking over the body poking it with the newly acquired stick, not really wanting to touch it.

The corpse looks like a miner and smells like a corpse, it's probably a miners corpse.
Last edited January 26, 2022 10:01 pm

Rolls

Intelligence check - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Jan 27, 2022 1:52 pm
Anguis spend some 5 minutes searching through the dead dwarf stuff and find several clues, different papers with partially visible writing on them and a purse containing 7 gp. He find several references to Dorargrug Dimhead and few of Nekheahilda.
OOC:
Now, since due to poor roll Anguis spend some time I give everyone else opportunity to do something else in parallel.
Jan 27, 2022 2:04 pm
The money goes into his own personal bag, then he talks aloud Does anyone know Dwarvish or this Dorargrug Dimhead and the few of Nekheahilda? , the corpse itself gets decapitated before we move on, Anguis does not know of undead that run around headless.
Jan 28, 2022 2:01 am
OOC:
GM. Does Thorem recall anything about Dorargrug Dimhead or Nekheahilda?

Being a Mountain Dwarf. You can be sure that he well understands Dwarven language besides Common. Actually those are the only two he knows.
Jan 28, 2022 5:23 am
Dorargrug or Nekheahilda sound like a typical male and female names . Dimhead should be a family name but you can't recall any particular person.
Some papers are in common some in dwarf. You could read them all. It will take 30 min given poor quality. You could roll investigation and pick type of information you would like to discover
Jan 28, 2022 5:43 am
Thorem says, I can read them but it will take time. We have poor light here and they are in poor shape as well. Not sure we have that much time to spend. Is there anything you want to discover?
Jan 28, 2022 10:09 am
Lighting is not a problem.
Walks up to Torhem an traces a reverse triangle on his helmet followed by a mutter in abyssal and the helmet lights up.
[ +- ] Light (Cha)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.