Day 1

load previous
Jan 31, 2022 7:16 am
OOC:
My subjective musing about how could Bellow be first in initiative when he did not provoke battle:
The battle is initiated already. Bellow see that monster and Thorem engage into a battle and could be the first to actually hit monster because of initiative. That's how I see DnD rules: one round is 6 seconds. One or two attacks per round isn't because it takes 6 seconds to swing an axe, but it takes 6 seconds of battle to make one good enough swing, so when I imagine cinematic of this battle I see Thorem swinging his weapon while moster parry it with a tentacle while try to attack with other tentacle, Thorem evade one tentace but before he makes his real attack swing Bellow jumps in. But it is up to every player to interpret what is going n how they want. DnD rules only provide a model.
As for who initiated the battle and why - a bit of meta info your character should not posses, so only read if you are fine with having meta info, but let's say it was the monster who initiated the battle, not Thorem if GeneCortess agree to that.
[ +- ] META info, no PCs should know it
Jan 31, 2022 8:32 am
I believe it was the Monster starting. Thorem just kinda drew a line with his torch.
Jan 31, 2022 6:40 pm
It's on!
Rage. Attack.

Rolls

Atk - (D20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

H.axe dmg w. Rage - (D6+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Divine Fury dmg - (D6+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Jan 31, 2022 9:12 pm
OOC:
Since neither Bubbles nor Aldrusian rolled initiative yet, my post will delay 24 hours.
So far it is:
Name initiative Location Notes
Bellow 18 10-15 feet away -
Monster 16 Here attacking Thorem
Thorem 12 Here (melee) -
Eldrick ?? 15-25 feet away -
Anguis ?? 10-15 feet away -
OOC:
There will be no battle map for this fight. I will user here and there notions and you could freely switch between here and there with your movement, but switching from here to there will cause opportunity attack. As you cleared stones I will assume there is enough space for 3 of you in melee (and Eldrick is hardly willing to join melee)
Feb 1, 2022 9:30 am
Why? Why?? Why!? Am I surrounded with bloodthirsty idiots? One of his "Why's" becomes a voiced version.

Anguis huffs, grabs his newfound sword, staying next to eldrick for now, it doesn't look like there's much space in the front lines.
Last edited February 1, 2022 9:30 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(5) = 5

Feb 1, 2022 7:45 pm
Time is up, I'm rolling initiative for Eldrick and we began combat.

Rolls

Eldrick Bloom: Initiative - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Feb 1, 2022 7:51 pm
Bellow 18 Here (melee) -
Monster 16 Here attacking Thorem, took 13 points of damage so far
Thorem 12 Here (melee) -
Eldrick 6 15-25 feet away -
Anguis 5 10-15 feet away -

First round actions:
Bellow seeing thorem and monster engaging into battle and jump in raging. He cut off one of the several tentacles. But monster is trying to attack Thorem with other tentacles. His body stretches as he try to bite Thorem at the same time. Tentacles didn't fid any spot in Thorems' armor, but he manages to bite (just a scratch though - 4 points of piercing damage).
OOC:
Now I want everyone to submit their next actions bu tomorrow or you will be dodging. You could announce different "default" action if you are not sure you could post once a day

Rolls

Tentacles attack to hit - (1d20+8)

(3) + 8 = 11

Bite attack to hit - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Bite piercing damage - (2d4+2)

(11) + 2 = 4

Feb 1, 2022 9:45 pm
Bellow moves a little to the left but stays in reach of the monster and... Hack! Hack!
OOC:
I think we said crit dmg would always be 4 from a d6.
The divine fury activated on the first hit so it is not part of 2nd atk's crit.
Last edited February 1, 2022 9:50 pm

Rolls

1st Atk - (D20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

2nd atk - (D20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

1st dmg w rage - (D6+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

2nd dmg w rage - (D6+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Divine Fury dmg - (D6+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Feb 1, 2022 10:13 pm
Eldrick will hold his spell to see what happens with the fighters.
Feb 2, 2022 7:16 am
OOC:
Aldrusian, here is my little homebrew rule . I will update it soon because I want everyone to post their one round actions by 19:00 UTC. If you don't your PC is doind dodge.
Note: I will "resolve" player actions in the initiative order and should your PC target a creature dead by that moment I will delay further resolution by 24 hours to allow post a different action.
P.S. Let me know if you have argues or recommendations for the rule in the rule thread. The reason for rule is - I plan quite a few battles in this game and I don't want a battle to take weeks of real time.
Feb 2, 2022 12:19 pm
OOC:
Thorem is waiting to see what the Monster is doing before reacting to it.
Feb 2, 2022 12:31 pm
OOC:
Monster hit Thorem for 4 points of piercing damage, see details above
Feb 2, 2022 12:42 pm
OOC:
Ack. Sorry. I missed that. "monster hit Thorem for 4 points of piercing damage, see details above.
Thorem realizing the monster has decided to attack him now defends himself. The bite from it bothers him, but he takes it in stride. He goes at the monster with great zeal and gives his all to finish it off fast.
OOC:
Thorem uses Action Surge. Two attacks (19 & 17) hit for 18 slashing damage.

Thorem 24/28, AC 14, 12 INIT
Last edited February 2, 2022 12:49 pm

Rolls

Attack, Damage, Action surge attack, damage - (1d20+5, 1d12+3, 1d20+5, 1d12+3)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d12+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d12+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

Feb 2, 2022 7:19 pm
He just looks at the bunch of them taking up all of the room in the front line, he sheathes the sword and pulls out a javelin.
Feb 2, 2022 8:22 pm
Thorem managed to make two great attacks and worm, makes strange high sound and try to run away.
Bellow, Thorem: you could make opportunity attacks
OOC:
Worm action: dash
Worm dash through the corridor it appeared from and it is your turn, If you decide to follow him we will switch to battle map
OOC:
It is end of monster round 2 action, you could all submit your round 2 (Bellow round 4) actions.
Bellow 18 Here -
Monster 16 60 feet away, you don't see it any more runs away took 31 points of damage before opportunity attacks
Thorem 12 Here -
Eldrick 6 15-25 feet away -
Anguis 5 10-15 feet away -
Feb 2, 2022 11:21 pm
AOO for Thorem as he dislikes the worm terribly, but slips on his torch he left on the ground that had went out.
Last edited February 2, 2022 11:21 pm

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5, 1d12+3)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d12+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Feb 3, 2022 4:39 am
AOO from Bellow.
Sees Thorem stumble and checks his own footing which lets the monster get away.
Last edited February 3, 2022 4:42 am

Rolls

AOO - (D20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Dmg - (D6+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Feb 3, 2022 1:00 pm
OOC:
So anyone try to follow the monster to finish it? If not we will be out of initiative by 19:00 UTC
Feb 3, 2022 5:58 pm
It runs away! Let it go.
Bellow catches his breath.
It wasn't going to give us any chests.
Let's move on in this other direction.
Feb 3, 2022 6:37 pm
OOC:

Due to personal reasons I'm posting sooner, if anyone still want to continue fight - I'm happy to remove the post. Otherwise:

OK, battle is over, congratulations on quick win. I want to give inspiration to Anguis if he don't have one already for adding your player emotions to the battle. If any player think other players also did any role-play during this encounter, just point it out and I will give it as well. Probably Eldricks actions were also dictated by emotions, but I just didn't read them.

Anyway here are few other things you deserve:
You see a cut off tentacle on the floor, still doing some convulsive moves, anyone who want to investigate i describe the way he is investigating by choosing any skill appropriate and roll it (I am happy to accept any of those: medicine, arcana, sleight of hand, history, survival, animal handling, but you could talk me into any other as well). To make it simpler I will not allow "help" on this.

Thorem realised that there were some oil flasks in the last chests - you could find (see below) number of oil flasks

Rolls

number of oil flasks you have - (3d4)

(412) = 7

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.