Day 1

load previous
Feb 3, 2022 10:15 pm
Thorem will pick up his torch and relight it and upon remembering the flasks oil, he will go to that chest and put the 7 flasks in his backpack to take with him. While doing this he says "That should keep that creature at bay for a while. Lets see what is ahead of us." He wishes to again move onward.
Last edited February 3, 2022 10:15 pm
Feb 3, 2022 10:47 pm
Seeing Torhem light a torch while his helmet is lit up with the light spell he makes the well known hand-face gesture, then he walks up to Bellow and casts the cantrip on his shirt, hoping that the fellow barbarian would be a smarter than the armored shorty.

How about we look at the other path before we run after the disgusting menace. I don't know about you, but i prefer knowing if there's a potential danger breathing down my spine.
OOC:
Thanks for the inspiration, currently don't have one, i hope noone gets offended by Anguis's inner thoughts, i like to make them seen so that other players understand the characters standpoint.
Last edited February 3, 2022 10:48 pm
Feb 3, 2022 11:35 pm
Thorem says, Seems that disgusting creature wasn't too afraid of the fire of my torch either, but now with that oil. I will make my lite torch more useful.
Feb 4, 2022 3:37 am
Bellow looks briefly at the wriggling tentacle to confirm it is not growing. Otherwise not interested.
He's focused on the path ahead but he waits for the rest of the group.
Feb 4, 2022 8:44 pm
OOC:
The oil were in your bag of holdings and in your pocked/backpack available to use
Tentacle moves convulsively, but you see how movement die until it stops moving and becomes still.
As you stay there managing oil and considering next move you hear some strange "klack-klack" noise as if horse is galloping, but quietly.
OOC:
What do you do?
Feb 4, 2022 10:15 pm
Listens in to determine direction.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20-1)

(6) - 1 = 5

Feb 4, 2022 11:39 pm
Since his light spell gone out already Eldrick moves back into the corridor to join the others. "That was too quick. I never had time to even cast a spell. I assume we'll go the direction that the worm didn't go." Eldrick takes a step or two in that direction.
Feb 4, 2022 11:50 pm
Thorem pauses to try to determine exactly he is hearing and where from. He steps back to a wall and sets his torch up against it so it doesn't go out and then steps a bit away to hopefully cover up (hide) his position while he listens.
OOC:
LOL: Perception Check (5) and Stealth Check (11)
Last edited February 4, 2022 11:52 pm

Rolls

Perception Check/Stealth Check - (1d20-1/1d20-1)

(5) + (11) - 2 = 14

Feb 5, 2022 7:19 pm
Anguis and Thorem stops to listen, while Eldick takes a few steps forward followed by Bellow. The moment when Thorem and Anguis understand that sounds come from direction where two others are going - everyone spot another monster mocing their way. Looks like a human sized beetle running your way.
OOC:
I believe it is obvious you are about to engage in yet another combat
Everyone roll initiative and history.
https://i.imgur.com/I0fUawB.png

Rolls

Monster initiative - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Feb 5, 2022 7:28 pm
What in tarnation is that??

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(17) = 17

History - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Feb 5, 2022 7:47 pm
INIT and History. What luck Thorem has a 16 with both.
Last edited February 5, 2022 7:47 pm

Rolls

INIT, History - (1d20+1, 1d20+4)

1d20+1 : (15) + 1 = 16

1d20+4 : (12) + 4 = 16

Feb 5, 2022 8:43 pm
Two different creatures in one lair? This maze makes no sense to me.
Last edited February 5, 2022 8:50 pm

Rolls

Init - (D20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

History - (D20-1)

(3) - 1 = 2

Feb 5, 2022 10:37 pm
Eldrick stops dead in his tracks trying to determine what is charging at them.

Rolls

History check - (d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Initiative check - (d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Feb 6, 2022 6:10 pm
Monster start and on his first turn and it runs toward Bellow, ignoring Edrick as it he were not there and it try try to reach bellow with something that does not look lie arms, you don't yet understand what it is.
Bellow you need to do dex saving throw DC 11 to avoid it and as barbarian you have advantage on that save.

Name initiative Location Notes
Monster 19 here attachking Bellow
Anguis 17 10 feet away -
Thorem 16 10 feet away -
Bellow 8 Here -
Eldrick 3 Here -

Thorem realizes something about the monster. I would like to ask you to anything you say in character to max 5-7 words, because it takes you few seconds to remember and turn is only 6 seconds long

GreyWord sent a note to GeneCortess
OOC:
Please submit your round 1 actions, while you only face single enemy I will assume that there is enough space around the monster and you have no problem to reach it in melee if you wish so.
Feb 6, 2022 7:12 pm
Thorems eyes pop when he realized what is coming at us. No Metal. It eats Metal. Thorem pitches his greataxe behind him and draws up a warhammer. He quickly covers the distance between him and the creature and moves to try to pound it down with all his might.
OOC:
Thorem changes weapons and moves 10' to attack. He gets a crit and does 18 points of bludgeoning damage. (Damage should have been 1d8+3 and not +2)

Thorem 24/28, AC 14, 12 INIT
Last edited February 6, 2022 7:17 pm

Rolls

warhammer, damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+2)

1d20+5 : (20) + 5 = 25

1d8+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

crit damage - (1d8+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Feb 7, 2022 3:22 am
Can't hit me that easy, critter!
I toss my two axes over it to land in the passage behind it. And I draw a javelin.
Last edited February 7, 2022 3:27 am

Rolls

Dex sv - (D20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Dex sv adv - (D20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Feb 7, 2022 3:57 am
After everyone else responds to the creature's charge Eldrick will point at the thing, mumble a few words in a strange tongue and release a fire bolt at its back.
OOC:
The bolt misses badly and dissipates into the ceiling beyond the entire group.
Last edited February 7, 2022 3:58 am

Rolls

ranged attack - (d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Feb 7, 2022 9:22 am
OOC:

Notes:
1. Eldrick is in mele range thus ranged attacks are with disadvandage, but you anyway missed, so no corrections this time
2. If anyone wonders about Thorem behaviour - you see that dwarfs warhammer is not a usual hammer, it's head is made of stone rather than metal as usual.
Feb 7, 2022 6:04 pm
I hope they learned their lesson,,,, Anguis steps back 10 ft hoping that this one will just pass them by, never being the one to mindlessly initiate combat.
OOC:
Dodge action. Since Anguis doesn't recognise it and his action is before Torhem he firmly believes in the common sense of his party, believing that this is just another peaceful animal passing by.
Last edited February 7, 2022 6:06 pm
Feb 7, 2022 7:22 pm
You hear loud crack of monster's natural armor by Thorem's warhammer
OOC:
It takes 14 damage from crit hit, crit does not multiply +2 so I add 6 from the crit roll
Monster turns around and goes away! bellow and Thorem could make opportunity attacks (Eldric don't have melee weapon for that)
As it moves away you see some sort of Antennae on it's sides - the one that Bellow escaped. Moster run to the handaxes and his Antennae touches closes one and you see an imaginable - just in a few seconds time metal corrodes and monster start "eating it".
OOC:
I will assume handaxes are throw 10 and 20 feet away, but bellow - you could fix it, but it is within 30 feet of monster anyway, so:
Name initiative Location Notes
Monster 19 "there" :) feeding on handaxe, taken 14 damage + opportunity attacks
Anguis 17 20 feet away from monster -
Thorem 16 10 feet away from monster -
Bellow 8 10 feet away from monster -
Eldrick 3 10 feet away from monster -
OOC:
So let's do opportunity attacks and your turn
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.