Day 1

load previous
Feb 7, 2022 7:35 pm
Thorem takes a step to swipe at the retreating monster but is totally out of step and fails badly to bring his warhammer to bare.
OOC:
AOO from Thorem
Last edited February 7, 2022 7:37 pm

Rolls

warhammer, damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

1d8+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Feb 8, 2022 12:36 am
Distraction worked.
Opp. Atk: Stab with javelin.

Rolls

Opp atk - (D20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Javelin dmg - (D6+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Feb 8, 2022 2:09 am
Uh oh. Distraction turned into a loss.
Punish him with a thrown javelin...
and draw another.

Rolls

Javelin - (D20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Dmg - (D6+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Feb 8, 2022 10:27 am
When bellow's javelin hits monster's thick, lumpy armor with opportunity attack you see that something yellow on the javelin head. But you don't see monstr bleedin with yellow blood... strange.
Updated status after monstr move but before Bellow throw (and hit) monster
Name initiative Location Notes
Monster 19 "there" :) feeding on handaxe, taken 19 damage
Anguis 17 20 feet away from monster -
Thorem 16 10 feet away from monster -
Bellow 8 10 feet away from monster -
Eldrick 3 10 feet away from monster -
Feb 8, 2022 4:38 pm
OOC:
Eldrick doesn't need a melee weapon to do a touch attack. Shocking Grasp would work just fine although he holds off using it this time.
Feb 8, 2022 6:22 pm
Picks one of his javelins and throws it at the creature, fear and not willingness to come closer to the creature obvious in his eyes.

Rolls

Javelin to hit - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Javelin damage - (1d6+3piercing)

(1) + 3 = 4

Feb 8, 2022 6:30 pm
OOC:
Aldrusian, in 5e to be able to cast shocking grasp spell as opportunity attack you need War Caster feat (you will be able to get one at lvl 4)
Quote:
When a hostile creature's movement provokes an opportunity attack from you, you can use your reaction to cast a spell at the creature, rather than making an opportunity attack. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.
For your convenience here is game designer answer to the same question
Feb 8, 2022 8:24 pm
So this turn I don't see Eldirck and Thorem doing any action, so they both make dodge
While Anguis and Bellow both throw and hit monster with their javelins... and the monster falls dead.

Battle is over! You only see wooden handle left of one of bellows handaxes as monster eat the metal.
You also see the the javelins you throw are corroded - their metal heads look old on rusted. One of them is javelin -1 now and other is javelin -2 (Bellow hit monster twice with it).
OOC:
You are out of initiative and out of battle, don't hear any more monsters right now.
What do you do?
Feb 8, 2022 11:30 pm
I had heard of such a creature. He was faster than I expected.
I collect my weapons. I stowe the empty handle and the corroded javelin.
Do you still want this? I toss A's javelin to the ground in front of him.
And I arm myself with the one good hand axe and a good javelin.
These last fights have been fast and easy. But I'm not up for anything tougher.
OOC:
meaning no more rage for today
Feb 9, 2022 4:58 am
Thorem says as he looks over the dead creature, They are the bane in the mines. You don't hear much of one, but those that have. Well, you fear for your metal as they will eat all they can get. It is a cruel that those controlling this place sent one against us. And good that we killed it.
Feb 9, 2022 7:03 am
Yes, thank you. takes the javelin and puts it back with the rest of them.
Torhem, do these things live in groups?
Feb 9, 2022 9:05 am
Nothing here is natural. Best we move on. Thorem retrieves his greataxe and ready to go.
Feb 9, 2022 8:48 pm
OOC:
I don't really get what you do. Are you ready to go or do you go?
If you go, please decide which way do you go - right, where worm-like monster came from or left where rust monster came from?
What is your "marching order" (corridor is wide enough so you could go all together. But maybe you have reasons to send some of you a bit ahead.
Feb 9, 2022 9:14 pm
OOC:
Thorem was waiting for someone to decide as he is ready.
Feb 9, 2022 10:02 pm
With a light scratch behind his head Anguis breaks the silence Well, it's surely filled with things that I'm uncommon with...
He walks towards the creatures corpse.
Emmm, Bellow, do you still have that empty bottle from the potion? I think that this things drool could be useful, if we ever need to melt a lock or something...
Feb 9, 2022 11:41 pm
I never throw anything away when there's a bottomless bag.
I find the bottle and give it to Anguis.
Feb 10, 2022 9:47 am
Alright, thank you. Does anyone know how to collect samples?
Feb 10, 2022 10:11 pm
OOC:
Looks like I will just add 5 minutes to time counter and wait another day for your actions.
If anyone feel like his character knows "how to collect monster's essence" then announce you do and roll either wisdom if you use your gut feeling or intelligence if you use logic to do that on this monster.
Feb 11, 2022 9:11 pm
"Let me see if I can do something about collecting that stuff," suggests Eldrick. He will use intelligence to figure out the best way to make the collection and dexterity to do it carefully and with as little spillage as possible. "Can someone hold the cap while I try to do this? Don't want it to sit around too long in the open air after it's collected."

Rolls

Intelligence check to collect acid - (d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Feb 11, 2022 9:12 pm
Dex check

Rolls

Dexterity check to reduce spillage - (d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.