Day 1

load previous
Mar 7, 2022 2:29 pm
I don't know if that was a win or a loss.
I retrieve my javelin and hand axe and stowe them away. And I take the morning star.
At least I get a strong weapon.
OOC:
I'd prefer another light weapon for two-weapon fighting. Did any of the chests have a light weapon?
Mar 7, 2022 2:55 pm
OOC:
I don't remember if there were ready to use weapons in any of the chests. I certainly put resources to make them, but you will need tools and time (back in settlement) to make them. Nevertheless you may still find more chests... who knows there may be some light weapons just for you :)
Mar 7, 2022 4:03 pm
I used my last good spell so I think we might have lost. At least there is a meal to finish. and Thorem does just that.
Mar 7, 2022 4:06 pm
Anguis looks around, it finally hits him, this was a test of loyalty to his teachings and he passed it. The goblin most likely was another warlock due payment that tried to escape the contract and he was the executioner sent to collect the soul, his face darkens, realizing that he wasn't the one who finished the bugger.

Alright, let's move on, i have a feeling that were due more than one encounter before were done for today.

He listens inn trying to find his target and looks around for any tracks.
Last edited March 7, 2022 4:07 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20-1)

(17) - 1 = 16

Survival - (1d20-1)

(19) - 1 = 18

Mar 7, 2022 4:30 pm
Anguis hear some strange sounds from corridor A, they are quite and hard to understand, maybe something like man going through mud.
But you don't see tracks leading out of this cavern, though inside of it is used a lot lately.
https://i.imgur.com/9IxgU8A.png
OOC:
Does Thorem finish his sausages or try something else? Sausages. are just as tasty as the were minute ago.
Mar 7, 2022 5:05 pm
Smiles. Sausage and perhaps sample other stuff and wash it down with beer. He doesn't eat much as we do need to move on.
Mar 7, 2022 6:24 pm
There are sounds coming from there. Points at corridor A
Mar 7, 2022 10:32 pm
Bellow downs a piece of sweet cake from the table and mumbles, okay, I'm ready.
Mar 8, 2022 6:13 am
OOC:
I will roll for anything strange to happen as you eat.
Nope. Nothing unusual. Just good quality food that one would not expect goblins to make

Rolls

random stuff happening? - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Mar 8, 2022 3:13 pm
After a short brunch and some drink, Thorem is ready go. Since there is noise in the A way, Let check out that way. Probably no undead at least. Thorem thinks, at least that meal was much better than rations. Thorem makes his way to the A passage with his greataxe handy.
Mar 9, 2022 10:51 am
As you all move through corridor A you realise the sound is repeating and becoming louder, when you reach next cave you understand that the sound comes from the next corridor.
You also see chests in the cave - similar tho those last seen - with no metal parts. You feel the smell that remind you of the big monster worm and you discover some slime on the floor and ceiling that must be of the worm.
https://i.imgur.com/IzkvtTl.jpg
OOC:
What do you do? I've added map of almost everything you have visited so far for your convenience. Your PCs may guess that sound source is towards the point where you originally removed stones and entered corridors from the wagon station hall.
Mar 9, 2022 2:55 pm
Anguis takes his javelin and pokes the chests looking for an unnatural reaction. If there is none he begins to open them and looks at the contents
Mar 9, 2022 5:13 pm
Thorem will join Anguis in opening up a different chest. Looks like spoils.
Mar 9, 2022 5:39 pm
The same for Bellow. Loading loot into the bag of holding. We've got a good haul. I'll be glad to find an exit so we can deliver it.
Mar 9, 2022 5:54 pm
OOC:
Well, you know I like when players inspire DM with ideas. Thanks bubbles for idea. I tried to give you a hint - there were 2,4,8 chests all of the time and this time it is a 9 of them... so roll initiative and I roll d9, assuming that Anguis is quickly poking chests it will be 1-5: anguis poked mimic, 6-7 thorem touched mimic, 8-9 bellow touched mimic.

And everyone roll initiative as mimic is going to do his evil things after anyone of you touch it

Rolls

Where's the mimic - (1d9)

(3) = 3

Mimic initiative - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Mar 9, 2022 6:39 pm
I told you, this place is rigged! Anguis readies for battle.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(7) = 7

Mar 9, 2022 8:52 pm
More trickery!

Rolls

Init - (D20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Mar 10, 2022 12:06 am
INIT 6. Gesh. LOL. Still beat the mimic.
Last edited March 10, 2022 12:07 am

Rolls

INIT - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Mar 10, 2022 6:45 am
OOC:
Wow initiative 8 gos first with scores being 8,7,6,5. Nice
Just a moment before Anguis try to poke just another chest the chest animates and try to avoid that simultaneously growing. Still your instincts allow you to recognise this threat and act before it happens and Bellow does it even before Anguis has done his poking or say anything.

Name initiative Location Notes
Bellow 8 10 feet away -
Anguis 7 melee with mimic Holding Javelin in his right hand
Thorem 6 10 feet away -
Mimic 5 melee with Anguis -
OOC:
Now the first round of combat. That is the time when your character would have said that what you wrote as part of initiative roll
Mar 10, 2022 1:59 pm
Move to mimic and attack w bugbear morning star.

Wow! Is this thing magic'd?
Last edited March 10, 2022 2:05 pm

Rolls

Atk - (D20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Dmg - (D8+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Crit damage - (1d8)

(1) = 1

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.