Day 1

load previous
Mar 14, 2022 6:10 pm
Anguis takes the mirror, caltrops and healers kit, the shield and piton goes into the bag.Yes, let's move
Mar 15, 2022 6:52 am
After dealing with the chests you realise you still hear the same sound and you follow the sound. And you soon find the source of the sound - you find the huge worm you were fighting earlier consuming the dead body of the miner you found earlier. It have spotted you but continue consuming the body.
OOC:
What do you do?
Mar 15, 2022 2:20 pm
Quietly, "Nothing to gain here. Let's go back through the maze."
Mar 15, 2022 2:30 pm
Not the target i was looking for... Anguis nods and follows. There's no need for unnecessary violence.
Mar 15, 2022 3:04 pm
I will assume Thorem agree with you and you follow your search finding another "room" https://i.imgur.com/XEAH41E.jpg

There is a statue of an elf in the room (coloured green in the picture) . It is mage of stone and seems magical as it is illuminating green. Those of you who had experience with statues today are suspicious and avoid going in the room immediately, so you scout around and find the only unexplored corridor has a sign on the entry and you feel a smell of smoke from it.
[ +- ] Entrance sign
OOC:

What do you do? Do you risk investigating statue or follow the corridor beyond the sign? Anything else?
Mar 15, 2022 3:06 pm
He looks at the corridor happy that he finally found the right target. Then looks at the statue, which way is it facing?
Last edited March 15, 2022 3:07 pm
Mar 15, 2022 3:14 pm
OOC:
Facing west (to the left) in the picture
Mar 15, 2022 4:42 pm
Yep. Thorem went with the party and had no intentions on finishing off the blob.

Thorem isn't keen on looking over the statue but seeing that he is still in good health it is perhaps something to check out of. It is obviously magical.

Considering magic is here, Thorem will call to the statue, My glowing green friend. What do you say? He does try to keep it friendly. Not really sure he will even get an answer.
Last edited March 15, 2022 4:42 pm
Mar 16, 2022 6:44 am
Thorem talks to statue, while Anguis and Bellow stand right behind him watching statue over their shorter companion.
But statue does not answer.
OOC:
Just a reminder whenever you touch an object you see first time you could roll history check in attempt to recall what it is. DC may differ between players if that object is related to PC background/deity/class/race/...
[ +- ] Let's assume you came from this corridor
Mar 16, 2022 1:57 pm
Okay. History Check. Smiles. 14 isn't bad.
Last edited March 16, 2022 1:58 pm

Rolls

History Check - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Mar 16, 2022 5:31 pm
Just watching.
Mar 16, 2022 7:24 pm
When Thorem touches statue you hear voice of female Elf talking to you:
"Brave adventurers! We have seen your commitment. It is time for resolve! "
OOC:
And an epic music in the background :)
GreyWord sent a note to GeneCortess
Mar 16, 2022 8:23 pm
Anguis massages his temples you know what? All this magical mumbo-jumbo is making my head hurt. we had celestials, monk trap enthusiast lair, a living statue, some worms, a magic goblin, don't tell me that this thing is a magic elf princess waiting for a hero to free her out of the statue, because I'm done, especially with celestials, they have done nothing but put sticks in my wheels from the beginning.. Oi, Torhem you're alright? Will the statue let us pass? I believe that the exit may be that way he points to the hellhound path I at least think that i know what we will be facing and i rather not risk it with a sentient statue, me and Bellow here had pretty bad luck with normal ones. throughout this he doesn't approach the statue.
Last edited March 16, 2022 8:31 pm
Mar 16, 2022 8:29 pm
Still suspicious, Bellow steps away from his buddies so we're not all together. I resolve to stand over here.
Mar 16, 2022 11:46 pm
Thorem notes Anguis and also that Bellow is suspicions which Thorem shares. Still Thorem has decided since there hasn't been an immediate bad happening to investigate more. So he continues the conversation with the now activated statue which to his touch isn't stone. "What be this time for resolve?"

Somehow Thorem thinks of the question "Are you a GOD." and remembers the answer must be "YES". He has a feeling this might end up being of that caliber soon. Thorem is feeling suspicion and dread at the same time but has the resolve to keep going. Guess it might be just his Dwarven stubbornness showing thinly. Either way he has a firm grip on his greataxe and is very much combat ready and not at all relaxed.
Last edited March 16, 2022 11:47 pm
Mar 17, 2022 6:32 am
GreyWord sent a note to GeneCortess
While Thorem is investigating statue and touching it repeatedly hear a new message:
"Every ballade has culmination. Apogee is near."
later one of those repeat every time he touch statue.

Rolls

Thorem: Religion - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Mar 17, 2022 3:27 pm
Seems to be just a landmark. I think we can move on.
OOC:
Maybe a boss marker?
Mar 17, 2022 5:00 pm
i agree, though i never heard of dwarves following elven gods... Anguis suspiciously eyes Torhem. aren't those two supposed to be like cats and dogs?
Last edited March 17, 2022 5:01 pm
Mar 17, 2022 5:34 pm
Assuming we go to the path that has the sign and smells like smoke...
Smoke means fire. Don't we have potions of fire resistance In our bag?
OOC:
Greyword, can you remind us what we have for fire?
Mar 17, 2022 5:57 pm
OOC:
I do not remember how much healing potions you have but additionally you have 20 potion: 4 of each 5 types.
You believe them to provide resistance of following types accordingly: acid, cold, fire, force, radiant.

Also you have some scrolls but not all of you know their powers as far a I remember. What you did figure out that they are somewhat related to certain creature types. Reading a scroll requires no skill check, but it takes an action.

Fiends: 3 scrolls
Fey: 1 scroll
Celestials: 3 scrolls
Elementals: 1 scroll

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.