Day 1

load previous
Oct 18, 2021 4:44 am
I see Elrond has already moved into the big room so I abandon the search in the corridor and move to be behind Elrond. Speaking quietly to him, Is this way looking better?
Oct 18, 2021 6:09 am
Seeing the traps with pressure plates an old trick, he ties a couple of javelins together with a rope, creating a long pole....

Whelp, this might help...We should probably invest In a long pole later tho

As he continues following his group checking the floor around him with the pole-like contraption
Last edited October 18, 2021 6:12 am

Rolls

Sleight Of Hand - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 18, 2021 6:47 am
OOC:
Just for clarity: none of you see any pressure plates. The floor ere simply too fragile and collapsed under Bellows wight.
Elrond guess that similar could happen with the floor investigating (he automatically passed investigation, though it took some time)
I've put few more marker to the map, Now you know that "corridor W" is save, have found a floor that collapsed in corridor N but don't see (yet) anything suspicious further. You know that that a part of floor is suspicious in the hall, it required a touch distance to make floor investigation as due to the dust the floor looks no different.
Angius, please explain where are you moving - where are you checking the ground with your hand made pole
OOC:
Anyone have suggestions how to make it simpler to explain where are you going? I''m used to do it real time with player controlled tokens
Oct 18, 2021 7:24 am
Hey, I decided to do fast forward. Angius collapse some of the suspicious floors with his hand made pole. Working together you manage to go through the big hall and find all of the poor flooring - marked in pink on the maphttps://i.imgur.com/QzFvF9r.jpg
You don't see any sharp spikes these pits, but they are of same 10 ft depth and the one Bellow almost fell into.

Angius - make me a DC 10 Sleight of Hand check. If you fail, your pole will collapse at a moment and few of your javelins will fall into the pit.
Oct 18, 2021 7:58 am
OOC:
Whelp, I lose the javelins then
Ehhh.... (Cursing in infernal), why did I also inherit her lousy knot tying skills.

Looks sadly at the falling javelin and steps back from the pit.
Last edited October 18, 2021 8:07 am
Oct 18, 2021 8:09 am
Anguis crush some of the fragile floors with this pole and looking how it works is too excited and fail to see that the ropes are too loose, so one javelin falls. He takes another and this time makes sure ropes are good every time before using and finishes the job.
The javelin lays on floor of one of the pits.
Oct 18, 2021 8:30 am
He waits for his group to decide where to go next, internally disgusted by the filth of the abandoned ruins, he attempts to distract himself by casting a quick glance over the walls.
Oct 18, 2021 9:15 am
Walls are made of solid stone blocks (5 ft wide and 10 ft tall - the ceilings are also 10 ft). The blocks are not new and partially crumbled/cracked ... I mean they look like many centuries old.
Oct 18, 2021 12:55 pm
Bellow looks over the room. Feels a little contentment for their accomplishment, but a little concern for the time spent. Good work guys, but we gotta move on. I maneuver along the sturdy floor sections to the northeast corner and peer out. If it looks clear I'll step into the room north of B. Two axes ready.
Oct 18, 2021 1:53 pm
Elrond moves out of the big hall and follows Bellow to the entrance at B. He wears an angry scowl on his face. Elrond’s life has been hard, but this was outrageous. He makes an angry grab for his quarterstaff and follows 10ft behind Bellow.
Oct 18, 2021 2:34 pm
Actually as you were working in the big hall you discovered some engraved pictures on the walls. Everyone roll me history check, your memories are still loose but you may remember some chunks of history from the books you have red (DC10) or even places you have visited (DC15).
Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm
Elrond did not take a close look, but he now thinks about the engravings he saw in the large room

Rolls

History - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm
Elrond and Bellow discover room B to be safe and so is the next room. More over it opens you a view to a corridor with a passage, but you as you touch and clean dust from the floor in that corridor you realise it starts with the the same trap as everywhere around.

Floor of the "long hall G" to the north is different. It is made of granite blocks of size a bit more than 1x1 foot. As you touch them to investigate if they are pressure plates you find them to be stable and not moving. They don't seem to break as well. You still struggle to enter. Non't you?!
https://i.imgur.com/kKzmb35.jpg
Oct 18, 2021 3:00 pm
Those paintings seem to tell a story.
Last edited October 18, 2021 3:01 pm

Rolls

History - (1D20-1)

(20) - 1 = 19

Oct 18, 2021 3:35 pm
Bellow, you have a strange feeling that you have been here. You have seen those paintings in a hall larger that this and remember an old Githzerai (race name) guiding you through Tombs full of traps, secret doors and powerful magic created to give time for Acolytes to flee the place and save the artefacts that are kept int those places. Those are no random goblin traps. The traps in this place should combine and complement each other to make it really hard for anyone without knowledge to pass through, but anyone with knowledge to flee.
Oct 18, 2021 3:51 pm
Anguis follows Elrond, holding his shield, as he continues to stare at the walls...
Last edited October 18, 2021 3:53 pm

Rolls

History - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Oct 18, 2021 3:59 pm
Guys, those painting, and the traps we've already seen, tell the story of this place being full of traps and doors and magiks. It will be slow going and probably end in a tomb. If you want to leave and try a faster pace somewhere else, just say so. Otherwise I'm ready to check out this long hall (G).
Oct 18, 2021 5:59 pm
"You haven’t let us down yet, I’ll follow you."
Phoenix says, a bit disappointed that his idea about pressure plates didn’t seem to help.
Oct 18, 2021 6:38 pm
Ah... don't worry friend, i don't mind the pace, nor Yu taking the lead, I'll be right after you ready to catch you if needed...

He nods to Bellow and pats phoenix on the shoulder, attempting to cheer him up.

By the way, i believe i haven't introduced myself, my full name is Anguis 'Greg' Nessus, it's nice to meet you.
Last edited October 18, 2021 6:38 pm
Oct 18, 2021 7:01 pm
Elrond continues following Bellow through Hall G. He is surprised by Anguis.. or should I say Greg’s outburst of personal information. Elrond does not trust anyone in the world, especially not the random people he has been assigned to. He only gives Anguis an annoyed look, and continues into the path
Last edited October 18, 2021 7:30 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.