Day 1

load previous
Oct 27, 2021 10:39 pm
Second guessing our paths is getting us nowhere. If the gods wanted us to avoid traps they should have put a burglar in one of our crates. I have survival skills but they are better outdoors. In here, I say we just trudge on and see how far we get.
Oct 28, 2021 4:37 pm
Elrond begins to be annoyed by the indecisiveness of his fellow adventurers and begins walking. He moves into Intact room F and moves up to the doorway to the left where there is an obvious trap between him and Corridor H. He investigates the trap to see if he can disarm it somehow.

Hey guys, I think we should try to pass this trap so we can move to the room just ahead that we haven't been able to explore yet. Does anyone else want try to disarm this trap?
Last edited October 28, 2021 4:39 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Oct 28, 2021 6:03 pm
OOC:
The markers on the map reflect floor sections that you have investigated and found them to fragile you could crash that floor - this will require no skill checks. I will tell you even more - should you crash the floor you will see 10 ft deep spiked pit.
Oct 29, 2021 4:20 am
This will show us something. Bellow stowes an axe, picks up a mangled mechanical spider and tosses it onto the floor section where Elrond is looking.
OOC:
First square in corridor H
We have seven more of these trap finders.
Oct 29, 2021 5:51 am
mechanical spider stabs on a spike in the pit. Nothing else happens
Oct 29, 2021 2:53 pm
OOC:
what would it take to attempt to jump over the first square in corridor H?
Oct 29, 2021 5:11 pm
OOC:
RAW: Long Jump. When you make a Long Jump, you cover a number of feet up to your Strength score if you move at least 10 feet on foot immediately before the jump. When you make a standing Long Jump, you can leap only half that distance.
Note: the spikes you see at the bottom are not too dense, one may be able to carefully move through the without taking any damage, falling down there is what makes it it scary.
OK, let me help you there - if anyone have a rope you would be able to get down into the pit without problem, going up though would require athletics check. Jumping over may be a better idea, assuming there is no other traps on the other side, which you were not able ti investigate yet.
Oct 29, 2021 8:41 pm
Ok, here i go.

Anguis makes a standing long jump (1/2 of str >5) over the pit and illuminates the hall ahead for his companions.

As he lands, he falls through the floor, a stream of curses can be heard both in infernal and celestial from the now illuminated pit.
Last edited October 30, 2021 8:13 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Dex save - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Oct 30, 2021 2:14 am
Elrond is surprised at Anguis' decision to jump ahead but impressed at his guts. Elrond lets out a small smile of admiration.
Elrond does a standing long jump over the pit (1/2 of str 13 = 6ft). landing shoulder to shoulder with Anguis.
Do you see any trap tiles?
Oct 30, 2021 6:04 am
OOC:
Bubbles Anguis Strength is 16, right? So you could jump up to 8 ft. I assume that your "investigation" caused floor to collapse and you see that the pit is about 5 feet and you could indeed jump it over.
Now about "see" - as I mentioned everything is covered in dust here and it is hard to "see" anything without "investigation" from the distance of a touch. Anguis passive perception is below 10 however, so you need a close investigation of a floor to figure out if it is a trap even in the light. Elrond who were following you probably spot something suspicious on the other side of the pit, but too late.
Anguis: make me a DC 15 Athletics check please before I describe how elegant were your jump
Oct 30, 2021 7:24 am
Elrond, as you prepare to jump you see dust removed from the floor next to where Anguis is landing and you see more cracks on the floor further dow the corridor. You could cancel your jump action depending on wether Anguis will manage to stay on the 2 feet wide floor between the two pits
OOC:
Bubbles, if you fail DC 15 athletics check that means you either jump too far or make a step to stop your jump momentum and fall into the next pit unless you safe DC15 DEX save. So if you do less than 15 on Athletics, please roll dex save immediately after
https://i.imgur.com/udWvMjS.png
Oct 30, 2021 8:19 pm
You see how Anguis jumps over without issues, but upon landing he makes a step forward and falls into the next tip.
Anguis takes damage from both falling and spikes.
Anguis finds himself in a pit full with sharp spikes, but you could move along them without hurting. You figure out that there is a wall between two pits covered in mud, but it is not a problem to climb up the wall as it is made of bricks. The other side is a real wall that will require DC10 athletics to climb up (with advantage if anyone help you or no check required if there is a rope or anything to support you),

Rolls

Bludgeoning damage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Piercing damage - (2d6)

(56) = 11

Oct 30, 2021 8:21 pm
Anguis heals his wounds in the pit, then he attempts to climb out the pit (lay on hands) and continue to the path ahead of him.

As he fails with his first attempt he tries again. As he climbs the hole, his clothes bloody and his eyes carry a crazed glint.
Last edited October 30, 2021 8:32 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Athletics - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Oct 30, 2021 8:30 pm
OOC:
Bubbles, you gain inspiration for stubborn bravery, but also piercing damage as

Anguis falls off the pit when try to climb up and take another piercing damage
His second attempt is a success and he reach the cave that leads to up to the north. You can't see where it leads as it goes up and then again horizontally.
https://i.imgur.com/ULeT9fN.png

Rolls

Piercing damage from falling on spikes - (2d6)

(56) = 11

Oct 30, 2021 8:36 pm
He turns to his companions and says:
Does anyone care to join me? Because as you can see I'm not the best at spotting traps.

He takes his javelin contraption and checks the tiles ahead.
OOC:
HP. - 12/23
Last edited October 30, 2021 8:45 pm
Oct 30, 2021 11:03 pm
Does Elrond still going to jump. It will be DC 10 athletics and in case of a fail dc 10 dex save to prevent damage in case you want to jump
Oct 31, 2021 1:12 am
Elrond considers stopping mid jump but decided to attempt the leap anyway. Elrond catches up to Anguis and give him a pat on the back are.. are you ok? Sorry I can’t do much to help
Last edited October 31, 2021 1:14 am

Rolls

Jump athletics - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Oct 31, 2021 4:00 am
Seeing Anguis climb out quite bloody, Bellow decides on the safe approach. He lowers himself into the first pit, walks past the spikes, climbs over the brick wall, again lowers himself into the next pit, and moves past the spikes. From there he looks up at Anguis and Elrond. Bold moves from both of you. He takes a rope out of his pack and hands one end up to them. Help me up so I don't suffer a fall like yours.
Last edited October 31, 2021 4:01 am
Oct 31, 2021 7:11 am
Bellow, you will need to roll Athletics checks: DC10 to get down into the first pit unless someone (Phoenix?) helps you with a rope.
Elrond, you jumped over fist pit and landed perfectly on the 2 feet tall slice between both pits. The next jump requires no check as it ends on safe ground and you are next to Anguis indeed with no problems.
Oct 31, 2021 3:00 pm
Holding onto the edge and lowering in.

Rolls

Athletics - (1D20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.