Day 1

load previous
Nov 9, 2021 10:39 pm
I stowe my axes and carry the bottle and mask into the big room where the others are (I think).
Check these out. They are the only two things that hadn't turned to dust.
Do we bag them? Or do you want them?
Nov 9, 2021 10:55 pm
Do you mind if I take a look at them?

Anguis inspects the items, attempting to figure out their function... as not much is coming to his mind he takes the mask into his hands giving it a closer look.
Last edited November 9, 2021 11:01 pm

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Nov 10, 2021 4:52 am
You successfully recall following rule from rulebook :)
Quote:
The identify spell is the fastest way to reveal an item’s properties. Alternatively, a character can focus on one magic item during a short rest, while being in physical contact with the item. At the end of the rest, the character learns the item’s properties, as well as how to use them. Potions are an exception; a little taste is enough to tell the taster what the potion does.
Nov 10, 2021 7:42 am
Let me assume that now as you remember that you try to taste the colored potions you found in the two chests, they are all potions of resistance:
Quote:
When you drink this potion, you gain resistance to one type of damage for 1 hour. The DM chooses the type or determines it randomly from the options below.
OOC:
I have chosen that color determines type, but you don't yet know the color schema, you will be able to find it soon
Nov 10, 2021 7:49 am
Aguis shrugs defeated by his lack of knowledge and skills in the said manner.

Can't tell much about these. I'd prefer if we keep these out of the bag. We might need them in our future outings...
Nov 14, 2021 6:05 pm
Anguis, Bellow: you suddenly feel wind and hear sound that you would expect a large flying creature to make. The dust all around you flies and no hear Phoenix: saying something in language you don't understand and you hear Elrond answering in the same language.
Phoenix suddenly tor to you and say : Do not follow us and please welcome the human who will be helping you out while we are on our duty to my patron and he runs away into the cave before you could even understand what happened.
A human comes out of the cave and you see wind blowing his dressing. You could swear you saw some aura around him for a moment, but after a moment everything is still - no more wind and no more sound of wings swinging. Just everything around you is hard to see through due to dust in the air (it will go down in few minutes if you let).
OOC:
Araklusta, please introduce Lucas to the party - that is you standing if front of two other adventurers, brought here by an Angel who told you you have to help them, but just us everyone else you do not remember anything from your past life since you became lvl 3 - you do not understand where you are or who you see, just the fact that Angel told you have to help them
Nov 14, 2021 7:09 pm
Lucas tidies his hair with one hand while waving with the other. "Hello there! I... am supposed to help you, I think..." He winces as though trying to remember something, then shrugs. "I imagine it'll come to me sooner or later. Now. What can a humble monk such as myself do for you?"
Nov 14, 2021 7:38 pm
Bellow turns to Anguis as if looking for an explanation. Is it this place or the people that are so strange?
Turning back to the new monk. I hope those two left our bag with you.
And stay where you are until we show you a map.
Nov 14, 2021 8:09 pm
OOC:
right. i forgot. They certainly left the bag of holdings on the ground
Nov 14, 2021 8:24 pm
Lucas looks around. "People are often strange. But this place... 'tis doubly so."

He points down to the bags. "I don't carry much, myself, aside from this walking stick, of course." He gives the quarterstaff a twirl. "But if I am to replace two of your party, I should hope not to carry the belongings of both!"
Nov 14, 2021 10:31 pm
Anguis returns the look back
Do you think i know what those 'high and mighty' feathered souteneurs think about...

As he switches to infernal and continues his ramble while Bellow talks....
[ +- ] In Infernal
Pockets the mask and the bottle. He puts his hands on Lucas's shoulders and activates his divine sense once more, to make sure that he's not one of them pigeon wannabees angels.

Well, let's just hope that you're gonna last longer than they did. Name's Anguis, it is nice to meet you.
Last edited November 14, 2021 10:33 pm
Nov 15, 2021 7:34 am
As Anguis activate his divine sense he sense the invisible Solar (https://www.dndbeyond.com/monsters/solar) who is currently in the cave and hear in her mind (telepathically)
GreyWord sent a note to Bubbles
In a moment you don't feel his presence any more.
And you all feel light wind, Anguis could guess that Solar is flying away silently
Nov 15, 2021 2:31 pm
Agiuss hands begin to tremble as his face becomes both pale and red, fear, embarrassment and anger vivid in his eyes.

He puts his hand on the handguard of his sword, attempting to calm down and takes the bag with the other one.

We should move, they did tell us that this place becomes more dangerous with the nightfall. Have a look at the map Lucas, maybe you know how to navigate it properly.
Nov 15, 2021 4:14 pm
OOC:
OK, I will let Lucas roll investigation with advantage since he is a monk and the papers are written by monks
Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm
Lucas leans his staff into the crook of his elbow and carefully takes the map with both hands. "'Tis a dizzying place we are in, is it not?" He absently rubs his hand on the barest hint of stubble on his chin. "But... I believe I can make some sense of it..."
OOC:
18 with advantage! whew...
Last edited November 15, 2021 5:19 pm

Rolls

Investigation (advantage) - (1d20-1, 1d20-1)

1d20-1 : (19) - 1 = 18

1d20-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

Nov 15, 2021 9:38 pm
Lucas are able to understand relation between texts in other pages with the pictures. You can't read it nevertheless. However you see and some texts related to statues (see marked orange) relate to writings that seems like spell scripts rather than written text. You conclude that statues posses some magical powers. Though you can't believe that these would be spells hurting anyone - monks have been navigating through this place on regular basis, doing their routine ceremonies.
Nov 16, 2021 7:36 am
OOC:
Once again, sorry for introducing Lucas and Clover to the party in such a strange way. I did not plat for half of the original team to step out within a week. It would be much easier to introduce new players as new day approach, but ...
Anyway - allowed myself to assume that after some initial confusion and mistrust you manage to agree to work as a team. Lucas understand that Clover were forced to cast Charm on him, etc.
Anguis and Bellow shows you the map and explain what they have figured out so far - please read this chat page 15 for details
Now if you want to change anything of what I just wrote, go ahead. I will join once you are ready move further through the tomb.
Nov 16, 2021 6:33 pm
"Hmm... Have you all seen some statues about, like... Ah yes. These here, marked in orange." Lucas taps the map. "I believe them to be magical, but I doubt that it's harmful. Shall we take a look?"

The monk walks carefully towards the nearest statue, doing his best to step in the same places his new companions appear to have walked. "Dusty place... Well." He examines the statue, looking for anything significant.
OOC:
Rolling both Investigation and Perception. If Arcana applies, it has the same bonus as Investigation.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(18) - 1 = 17

Perception - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Nov 16, 2021 6:39 pm
I approach the statue as well, looking low in the spaces taller individuals might not notice.
OOC:
Using the help action to grant advantage to Lucas
Nov 16, 2021 7:57 pm
OK, let me remind the previous party found chests on the altar. There are two statues, but they stay away from them (not closer than 15 feet).
There are stairs between the two statues (they take you 10 feet down).
If you really want to approach statue, then choose which one - the one to the North or to the South?
https://i.imgur.com/Zh8Lx4v.png

By the way - it should be obvious that your choices are now either to go check if there are more chests on the other altar, go to the Northern doors or give up and go back to the settlement cave to south you came through). The two rooms west from you have been investigated already.
OOC:
I am open to support you at other crazy ideas, but these are the options I anticipate.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.