Day 1

load previous
Nov 17, 2021 1:09 am
Lucas smiles down at his fuzzy companion. "Keep an eye out for traps down there, eh?"
OOC:
Haha, think I'll keep those first rolls, lol
The monk carefully approaches the southern of the two statues. "What secrets might you hold, ancient relic?"
Last edited November 17, 2021 1:11 am

Rolls

(advantage Investigation) - (1d20-1)

(16) - 1 = 15

(advantage Perception) - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Nov 17, 2021 3:38 am
I wait at the top of the stairs and watch over our two new investigators.
If we read the maps correctly, this area should be safe.

Said with an axe in each hand.
Nov 17, 2021 6:46 am
Anguis nods, shuddering as he looks at the dusty walls around him.

You're right, how about I keep away from leading the path for now, had enough of falling trough the floor for the moment.
Last edited November 17, 2021 6:46 am
Nov 17, 2021 7:14 am
Lucas see a statue of a Gith warrior in a fancy yet not very practical armour. Statue is missing right (like mona lisa) arm but you see the thin arm and a long fancy sword in that arm laying on the ground next to the statue. It seems obvious that the arm and long sword were too heavy to stay there for centuries.
Statues is looking south-east while the other one (Northern) is looking north-east.
OOC:
Araklusta: You automatically pass perception and investigation - I can't see anything that you could fail while looking at a still statue. You must describe your character doing something that could fail in order for me to request D20 rolling.
By the way, as a DM I would like to decide when and what are you rolling. You could try to forecast it and roll, but if your forecast is wrong I will simply ignore your rolls.
Alternatively we could agree that you are free to roll anything any time, but every roll would adds 5 minutes to the time your team have spent in the maze AND I would try to use my imagination to describe the action that you are trying to do, the chances of failure and the result of this failure. For example I could imagine that "investigation" for you would mean to keep punching the statue until it falls and failure would men you fall it directly on yourself, taking damage for that
Nov 17, 2021 4:48 pm
Standing back a ways, I make a slight sweeping motion with my hands and mutter the words "Ethlic Taur Tolius". A spectral hand appears for a moment, before disappearing. "Fetch" I tell the now invisible hand and point to the sword laying next to the Gith statue. The sword begins to move about, slightly as if being shaken by something. With the sword being to heavy and no traps being set off, the shaking ceases as I dismiss the hand with a second wave.
OOC:
Casting Mage Hand utilizing Mage Hand Legerdemain ability.

Is this more of what you are looking for? @GreyWord
Last edited November 18, 2021 6:13 pm
Nov 17, 2021 7:41 pm
OOC:
It's mage hand, so I assumed it just did what I told it within the construct of the spell. If it can't lift the sword, its fine, I was mostly checking if it was going to set off a trap.
Nov 17, 2021 10:36 pm
Does absolutely nothing.

His thoughts during the moment:
I'm done with this place.... where's the book of grudges when you need it.
Nov 18, 2021 4:47 am
I see a stark difference between the newbies' excitement of checking out their new surroundings and Anguis' total disgust with the same tiring surroundings. I'm closer to A's opinion but I'm content to let Lucas and Clover investigate for us.
What are you two finding over there?
Last edited November 18, 2021 4:48 am
Nov 18, 2021 10:29 am
Anguis follows behind, following Bellows footsteps.

Just please be on a lookout for traps. This place is packed

Also we still have another path that we need to explore....
Last edited November 18, 2021 10:32 am
Nov 18, 2021 10:23 pm
Lucas raises an eyebrow as the stone hand lifts off the floor. "What other tricks do you have, little one? In a place such as this, we may need all of them..."

The monk shrugs and turns away from the southern statue. "I see nothing of interest here. But then why would it be marked on the map? 'Tis most strange." For good measure, he checks over the northern statue as well.
OOC:
At the table I only roll when the DM asks for it. Things are always murkier with play-by-post, however, and the general custom I've seen in games here is that to speed things along and clarify intent it's okay that the players roll, and then the DM applies it if they think it's necessary, or ignores it if not. I'm good with whatever though! Now that I know what you prefer, that's the way I'll do things.
If there's nothing noteworthy about the northern statue, Lucas will descend the stairs.
Nov 18, 2021 11:21 pm
Please roll me perception as you descend the stairs and are looking all around. (note - since there is a light source - thanks to light cantrip cast previously) the roll is straight (no disadvantages). And since Lucas is proficient in perception he may notice something others wouldn't be able to (yes I mean other players don't roll perception). That is really hard to notice.
Nov 19, 2021 1:56 am
Unfamiliar with the dangers of this place, Lucas trots down the stairs with a smile on his face.
Last edited November 19, 2021 1:57 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Nov 19, 2021 7:01 am
OOC:
Right, Lucas failed to notice anything unusual. Let's zoom map a bit for you convenience
https://i.imgur.com/yz56TPN.png
Nov 19, 2021 3:00 pm
Bellow follows Lucas down the steps.
Let's check the room there.
I walk towards the little door on the other side of the main hall.
Last edited November 19, 2021 3:01 pm
Nov 19, 2021 6:50 pm
Bellow see room just as on maps you discovered. But east-south corner filled with boulders. Anything that was in the room once have turned to dust. There is doorway to the next room as well.
Nov 19, 2021 7:17 pm
OOC:
Please imagine your character don't see the next room and the fact that landslide is also touched that room, I just imagine you will figure this out soon anyway
https://i.imgur.com/gfO1U6M.jpg
You don't know big the landslide is, the hexagon is only an abstraction!
Nov 19, 2021 7:41 pm
"It appears that time has not been kind to this place," says Lucas, footsteps disturbing small piles of dust. "But if we are to discover this place's secrets, onward we must go."

He moves to look into the next room.
Nov 19, 2021 7:51 pm
Nothing valuable in that room.
Nov 19, 2021 7:57 pm
You understand that it would be possible to clear cave from boulders but it will take you 1-5 minutes per feet and you don't know how long it is.
Nov 19, 2021 10:05 pm
"Hmm... A dead end. Perhaps we should try again to the north?" Lucas eyes the rubble. "I don't suppose anyone wants to burrow through that."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.