Day 1

load previous
Nov 19, 2021 10:30 pm
Dig? No thanks.
The map showed the other alter room on the other side of those collapsed walls. We can go that way. Or go north as you suggested.
Anguis, Clover, pick a direction.
Nov 20, 2021 6:29 am
"Another altar? Sounds interesting enough." The monk turns to look that way. "Shall we check it out?"
Nov 21, 2021 7:42 pm
I walk back to the main hallway... "This way.". and go to the opening in front of the altar we have not visited.
Nov 21, 2021 9:34 pm
Lucas follows behind the bearded man, checking out the ceiling as he goes.
OOC:
Always good to look up every once in a while!
Nov 21, 2021 10:07 pm
Aguis follows as the 3rd, he's feeling better, especially now, that he doesn't need to risk his hide anymore to tread on the path ahead....
Nov 22, 2021 10:52 am
As you approach the doorway to the second alter Lucas spot 4 holes on the ceiling 5-10 feet past the doorway.

Meanwhile Bellow reach the room with second altar and see two more chest on the altar, but as he enter the room northern statue open one of ayes and amber light comes from the statue.
OOC:
Bellow - i need you to roll WIS saving throw DC 15 as your mind fills with magically caused terror.
Nov 22, 2021 4:03 pm
Uh-oh. I swear that statue is staring at me.

Rolls

Wisdom - (D20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Nov 22, 2021 4:54 pm
Anguis huffs as he readies his shield. Try taking a step back.. maybe that could help...
Nov 22, 2021 5:11 pm
You all see Bellow running out of the room and the light shining through the doorway. Belliw stops at western wall. Light shines diagonally in west-south direction s he is out of the light but still terrified.
In a moment light goes out. But Bellow gets out of frightened condition only after a minute. Bellow roll arcana DC 15 to recall lore.
Nov 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Lucas blinks as Bellow makes a panicked retreat. "I assume he doesn't cut and run like that often. He seems a big, brave fellow. What could have made him act this way, I wonder?"

The monk goes over to calm the large man. "Calm, friend. What did you see in there to frighten you so?"
OOC:
Oh sorry, I misread "Bellow roll" as "Roll below". Just ignore that Arcana check.
Last edited November 22, 2021 7:05 pm

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20-1)

(12) - 1 = 11

Nov 22, 2021 7:03 pm
How did a statue know I was there?

Rolls

Arcana - (D20-1)

(6) - 1 = 5

Nov 22, 2021 9:19 pm
Bellow knows it was a magic that made him afraid, that was obvious. But he believe that the only way to cast magic when a creature say some magic words. So he believe that there is a creature in the statue who cast the spell at him. That would also explain why he didn't hear magic words.
OOC:
You need to see the thing in order to roll arcana. And I will allow anyone who try to enter. And to roll repeatedly if you either enter the room again or look at it for one round (i.e. do not fail the wisdom save to become frightened)
Nov 22, 2021 9:28 pm
Anguis, picks up a decently sized stone, casts light cantrip on it and throws it inside the room (roughly in the middle from his point of view)

Let's see if it reacts to light...
Nov 22, 2021 9:36 pm
Yes, you see (with a few second delay) the same amber light coming through doorway (but not reaching you as you stay away from it) . It stop shining in a moment just as previously. You see the stone shining one the floor inside the room.
Nov 22, 2021 10:06 pm
It turns out that it reacts to illuminated creatures or light itself...., can anyone look inside and attempt to map a path so we could cover its head in the dark.....Clover, could you use your mage hand to cover its head with a sack or something?
OOC:
How tall is the statue?
Last edited November 22, 2021 10:07 pm
Nov 23, 2021 5:06 am
Statues are almost 10 feet tall each.
Nov 24, 2021 5:20 am
Lucas stares hard in the direction of the room for a few moments, then steps forward. "Nothing has come out after our brave friend. Thus, I wonder... If what he saw scared him so, then perhaps the key is to not see at all." He takes a deep breath, then closes his eyes and steps inside the room.
Nov 24, 2021 6:14 am
Lucas, you don't see anything, but still have a feel that something dreadful is there in the statue, you could even feel that something inside of if (the feeling is irrational, just as usual for mind affecting magic).
OOC:
You also have to make DC15 WIS saving throw or become frightened and run away
Nov 24, 2021 7:06 am
After a moment of anxiety, Lucas opens his eyes.
Last edited November 24, 2021 7:06 am

Rolls

Wis save - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Nov 24, 2021 7:33 am
Lucas: Perhaps closing ayes was a good idea, but you managed to withstand the dreadful feelings. Now as you open your ayes you only see a statue. Since you didn't see the moment when magic were cast you could roll arcana with disadvantage. DC 15.
Others You saw Lucas entering the room and the same light coming out of it, but Lucas stand still in the room breathing deeply.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.