Day 1

load previous
Feb 27, 2022 4:09 pm
OOC:
If there's no chairs Anguis will stay on his feet.
A race does not determine ones deadliness, there could be a harmless human farmer and a goblin arcmage, so i believe that your current argument is invalid. Even more that your easily preparing and enjoying a feast in the middle of a maze, where there could be a dangerous beast behind every corner.

He makes a pause, feeling the change in the goblin he continues to press on the topic, continues To be honest you are right, i thank you for the invitation, but i will turn down your feast, since you don't oblige the rules, and agreeing to it would show my disrespect towards our Lord, which i do not wish for. ...Then again none of us are in no position to feel offended.... after all you did neither introduce yourself, nor you stated your business, since there must be something that you are more than willing to do
Anguis continues to press, hoping that if it doesn't make the goblin lose his standing and reveal it self, it does help the others understand the situation, he is fully devoted to his lord and he will not allow his companions souls be sold to some disrespectful small fry that doesn't even follow the basics of the sacred contract.

He walks off and approaches the bugbear. Trying to understand why didn't his accomplice move An inch...

Last edited February 27, 2022 4:11 pm
Feb 27, 2022 4:43 pm
This is a mess! Gblin continue speaking in different tongues not listening to the Anguis. Anguis is preaching not listening for the goblin. Thorem slams his fist to the table requiring explanation, only Bellow enjoy the show...
As the voices become louder and louder you could feel the crazy goblin switching tongues and speaking as if to himself. Everyone have a feeling the golbin is gone mad and that madness is contagious.
Only bellow realise something is wrong with that madness, Anguis and Thorem are too too busy trying to get any sense out of the goblin.
Goblin is casting a spell on you, this happens a moment before Anguis decide to stop his long monologue and move toward Bugbear.
Also this spell casting is not something you are used to. So you realise it too late. Maybe except for Bellow.
OOC:
Everyone roll initiative!
Bellow roll both initiative and insight. DC goblin's Deception (see below). If you meet or beat it your PC is not surprised.
Anguis, Thorem and Bugbear are surprised in any case.
Note: one more reason you are surprised is because goblin will not take any movement or BA on his first turn, but will only cast magic which he has innate casting ability requiring no material component which have confused your

Rolls

Enemy initiative - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Deception (insight DC) - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

1d20+2 : (8) + 2 = 10

Feb 27, 2022 5:17 pm
While nearing the end of his monologue. He feels entitled to show the lowly green-ear how disrespectful he is.
OOC:
Let's add persuasion to his preach, see how good it looks XD
Last edited February 27, 2022 6:39 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(7) = 7

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Feb 27, 2022 6:37 pm
INIT. Given an arcana roll for Thorem to learn more about the casting as Thorem too is a spell caster.

Rolls

INIT, Arcana - (1d20+1, 1d20+2)

1d20+1 : (8) + 1 = 9

1d20+2 : (10) + 2 = 12

Feb 27, 2022 6:41 pm
OOC:
As far as Thorem understand this - this was NOT a spell. Goblin is simply talking like crazy while fingerpointing at each of you just as usual.
Feb 28, 2022 3:09 am
Rolls

Rolls

Initiative - (D20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Insight - (D20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Feb 28, 2022 6:49 am
Bellow realise that goblin is trying to influence them with spell-like effect and catch his weapon but a second late
All three of you feel goblin's words assault your minds and try to twist it
OOC:
Everyone make a Wisdom saving throw DC12 against the magic
If you pass that save Bellow could give round 1 action while Anguis and Thorem - round 2 actions.
If you fail - hang on wait for further instructions

Name initiative Location Notes
Thorem 9 At the table Prone, suprised
Anguis 7 Between table and bugbear Surprised
Goblin 4 At the table Prone
Bugbear 4 At the wall Surprised
Bellow 3 At the table Prone
OOC:
I hope we could do this without battle map again as everything is very close, but in case it is simpler with a map here it goes.
Table is low you could move by it without any checks. But those of you who sit must get up to first.
It is also possible to crawl beneath table - crawl is half speed. Table is whole stone and really heavy, it will require DC20 Athletics to move it 5 foot as an action. You could try to break it with bludgeoning or magical damage, but It has quite a lot of hp
https://i.imgur.com/sTtqKwB.png
Feb 28, 2022 8:34 am
WIS DC(12) and Thorem fails.
Last edited February 28, 2022 8:34 am

Rolls

WIS Save - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Feb 28, 2022 8:47 am
Flexing one's brain and ego.
Last edited February 28, 2022 4:13 pm

Rolls

Wisdom save - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Feb 28, 2022 3:16 pm
Reasoning... What's he saying???
Last edited February 28, 2022 3:17 pm

Rolls

Wis sv - (D20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Feb 28, 2022 3:31 pm
Bellow, Thorem goblin's madness take both of you over.
OOC:

Bellow, Thorem. Please roll a d10 both and following will affect your next turn. Since you are not in melee reach of each other 7-8 does the same as 2-6 this turn

d10 Behavior
1 The creature uses all its movement to move in a random direction. To determine the direction, roll a d8 and assign a direction to each die face. The creature doesn't take an action this turn.
2-6 The creature doesn't move or take actions this turn.
7-8 The creature uses its action to make a melee attack against a randomly determined creature within its reach. If there is no creature within its reach, the creature does nothing this turn.
9-10 The creature can act and move normally.

At the end of your turn you repeat wisdom save DC12 to break free of the confusion.
Feb 28, 2022 3:35 pm
OOC:
When I was asking if you put your weapons away that was to know if you would attack each other on 7-8, but to prevent unnecessary arguments I've decided you sit 10 feet away of each other
Feb 28, 2022 3:53 pm
Thorem is still trying to an answer from the goblin who seems to have weird'ed out. He doesn't see any open aggression.
OOC:
WIS Save DC(12) and that confusion is going to keep going. Woot.
Last edited February 28, 2022 5:58 pm

Rolls

Confussion results - (1d10)

(10) = 10

WIS Save - (1d20-1)

(2) - 1 = 1

Feb 28, 2022 5:42 pm
Still trying to figure out what the goblin is saying. I can speak goblin, but not what he's speaking.
Last edited February 28, 2022 6:21 pm

Rolls

Confusion - (D10)

(8) = 8

Wis sv - (D20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Mar 1, 2022 2:38 pm
OOC:
Technically Thorem 10 on d10 means he can move and attack. If not golbin, then Bugbears intentions are clear - start moving toward Anguis and swinging his morningstart (though Anguis react faster and we will resolve his action sooner)
But if you think your PC is not moving for roleplay reasons, I do get it and I would even grant you an inspiration die.
Mar 1, 2022 2:59 pm
Yeah. Thorem isn't moving and attacking yet. But I suspect that will change soon.
Mar 1, 2022 3:02 pm
OOC:
Yeh, cool. You've got inspiration, GeneCortess.
So once I have Anguis tur we could do next round
By the way, anyone else know goblin language? Goblin will be communicating with bugbear on goblin
Mar 1, 2022 3:06 pm
Thorem was a hard Mountain Dwarf in raising. Knows only Dwarven and Common.
Mar 1, 2022 3:31 pm
You bloody vermin! Anguis roars in anger, feeling betrayed and offended, he turns around and rushes over the table and svings his silvered-blade attempting to permanently shut the green-skin.

Rolls

Longsword to hit - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Longsword damage - (1d8+5slashing)

(8) + 5 = 13

Mar 1, 2022 8:13 pm
OOC:
Anguis has advantage against prone (sitting) goblin
But golbin is so charming that attacking it is not easy, rolling charisma saving for Anguis

Rolls

Anguis 'Greg' Nessus: Longsword to hit - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Anguis 'Greg' Nessus: Charisma save - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.