Day 1

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 10, 2021 8:57 pm
Zombie

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-2)

(8) - 2 = 6

Oct 10, 2021 9:13 pm
Actually, I've changed my mind, since you already rolled to hit Elrond already rolled to hit we will stay with that a suprise round .
Frech, please confirm you misty step to the cave entrance or let me know where exactly do you end your turn which ends with zombie turning to the sound of spells cast. Stones nearby zombie cover in ice as the spell miss zombie. And we begin first round in initiative order:

Elrond 16 (I've decided he wins tie this time)
Bellow 16
Zombie 6
Phoenix 4
Anguis 2

Note: Anguis will not be able to move if Phoenix don't move because corridor is so narrow you can't squeeze.
OOC:

So I wait now for Elrond and Bellow actions (Gnellson, you don't need to wait for French) and then I resolve them in the order. Then, after zombies, all 4 of you will have to submit actions without waiting on each other.
Oct 10, 2021 9:47 pm
I stowe a handaxe on my belt, draw a javelin, and move another 15 feet along the right wall. If a zombie moves into short range (30') I will throw the javelin to hit it.
Oct 11, 2021 1:50 am
OOC:
I confirm that I Misty step past everyone, out of the cave entrance so that I could be within 60ft
OOC:
Also that was my first time ever using a spell in any dnd game… natural 1… haha
Last edited October 11, 2021 2:10 am
Oct 11, 2021 4:25 am
Elrond misty step and nat1 was surprise round. You go first in the next round. I need you to describe your next turn
P.S. Since you did not see zombie before misty step I just assume it was coincidence you appeared on the edge of your darkvision
Oct 11, 2021 6:39 am
As Elrond attempted to cast ray of frost he hadn't fully completed his Misty Step spell yet and half tripped, sending his ray of frost straight into the air. He looks back up at the zombie, who he can just see in the darkness of the cave.

Damn, there goes my element of surprise

Elrond looks the zombie right in the dead eye holes and casts another ray of frost.
OOC:
Natural 20, what a swing! Are you doing critical hits with natural 20?
The residual magic from casting Misty step is sparking red bolts from the ends of Elrond's fingers, the Wild magic pulsing through him
No not now, breath, breath
Elrond tries to control the Wild magic surge
Last edited October 11, 2021 6:54 am

Rolls

Ray of Frost Attack - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Ray of frost damage - cold damage - speed reduce by 10 - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Wild magic surge - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Oct 11, 2021 2:00 pm
OOC:
So Elrond don't move but makes a perfect repeated spell.
Second ray from Elrond’s had hit Zombie directly in chest freezing his stomach, when zombie start moving few frozen limbs break and crumble, but Zombie start running toward Elrond. Well… very slowly running as he could now only cover 20 ft even dashing. Nevertheless when he as only made his first 5 feet you see a stalactite falling on the zombie from the ceiling and one more fallen on the Elrond. While neither of you expected it, I’m rolling with advantage both:
You all could see that this is actually a creature not a stalactite.

Zombie however continue moving towards Elrond ignoring the thing that just fall on him and Bellow could use his reaction to throw the javelin
Meanwhile two of the dead bodies (and there are hundreds of them around) rise as zombies, disturbed by spell casting and moves toward Elrond. One of them even manage to reach him with attack.

Rolls

falling on the zombie - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

falling on the zombie advantage - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

falling on the Elrond - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

falling on the Elrond advantage - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Zombie Slam Elrond - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

falling on the zombie damage - (2d6)

(23) = 5

falling on the Elrnd damage - (2d6)

(23) = 5

Zombie Slam Elrond damage - (1d6+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Oct 11, 2021 2:11 pm
https://i.imgur.com/LphMv6l.png
Total:Elrond takes 7 HP damage, and zombie takes 5 (on top of 10 frost damage taken already) but keep moving.
The creatures that fall are trying to move away very slowly, but the one hit Elrond leaves his reaches so you would be able to do opportunity attack... if you had a melee weapon, which you don't, so sorry. So it start crawling the wall, but is still no more than 5 ft above ground.
Bellow, roll your Javelin
Everybody: describe your next turn actions (without waiting for your initiative). I will resolve them in initiative however. I don't mind if for example Anguis wait for Phoenix. I just want to allow you post as soon as you are sure what you do despite of what the other does.
Oct 11, 2021 4:01 pm
My javelin throw is a reaction so you determine which zombie I target. If I have a choice I target the one between me and Elrond.

Rolls

Javelin to hit - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Javelin dmg - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 11, 2021 4:07 pm
I draw my other hand axe, dual weilding. Move to the Z between me and Elrond and attack with both axes!
Oct 11, 2021 4:10 pm
Upon combat truly starting in force, Phoenix will rush out of the narrow passage and take stock of the situation.
Knowing he needs to move out of the way for Anguis, Phoenix will move towards the south skirting around a zombie to take his position.
OOC:
I’m not sure how all these half squares work for movement, so if I take an opportunity attack that’s fine, otherwise I’d like to skirt the edge of the map and move as far as I can.
Phoenix will raise his right hand, which gathers divine light in high concentration before firing out and nailing the Zombie south of Elrond directly in it face.
OOC:
I have the agonizing blast invocation so I add my charisma mod to my damage with Eldritch Blast.
Phoenix Vay
HP:(27/27)
AC:13
Pact Magic:(2/2)
Healing Lights: 4/4
Last edited October 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Damage - (1d10+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Oct 11, 2021 4:55 pm
Anguis shoves Phoenix aside heading to the nearest zombie and striking it with his sword.
Anguis 'Greg' Nessus
HP:(27/27)
AC:13
Spell slots: (3/3)

Rolls

To hit - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Longsword damage - (1d8+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Oct 11, 2021 7:02 pm
OOC:

Bellow: you javelin hits zombie and goes through it's chest leaving big hole, but zombie is still moving towards Elrond. Pleas roll both your hand axe attacks for your torn (javelin were a reaction)
Phoenix you could avoid zombies reaching you as you keep to the wall.
Elrond: waiting for your action this turn
Oct 11, 2021 7:29 pm
OOC:
Let me resolve Phoenix and Angus turns, finishing first round and then we wait for Elrond and Bellow
Phoenix and Anguis moves step-in step through the corridor, but Phoenix step to the righ, while Anguis runs towards zombie. Phoenix see that one zombie has less flesh on his right shoulder and blasts it off together with the arm doing 2x9+3=21 damage (another crit!) while Anguis swings his sword into the now open chest, cutting through the chest. However there is a chance zombie still stands:
OOC:
Undead Fortitude. If damage reduces the zombie to 0 hit points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5 + the damage taken, unless... On a success, the zombie drops to 1 hit point instead.

Rolls

Zombie CON save DC 15 - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 11, 2021 7:33 pm
Bellow, with one zombie down during first round, I will allow you to chose with of other two zombies you will be attackinghttps://i.imgur.com/iMER5Wr.png
Oct 11, 2021 8:05 pm
I attack the one near Elrond.
OOC:
Divine Fury adds Radiant dmg to my first hit of the turn.

Rolls

Strong hand attack - (1D20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Weak hand attack - (1D20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Strong hand dmg - (1D6+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Weak hand dmg - (1D6)

(1) = 1

Divine Fury - (1D6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Oct 11, 2021 8:21 pm
OOC:

Elrond: you can do one interaction with object per turn for free. It means you can tak crossbow as free action and immediately fire it. There is another zombie next to you however. If you move away zombie will attack you once with opportunity attack (unless you misty step again), if you don't move and fire you will have disadvantage on ranged attacks... please let me know what do you do.

Bellow: Divine Fury requires you to be raging, are you? You need to spend bonus action to enter a rage. If you do so you can't attack with second hand as bonus action this round
Oct 11, 2021 8:35 pm
OOC:
Thank you for the clarification, If its ok I would like to change my turn
Elrond simply looks up at the zombie that is now right beside him and grimaces at the smell and sounds coming from this hideous being. He pulls out his quarter staff with two hands and brings it down hard across the already partially rotten skull of the zombie
Last edited October 11, 2021 8:36 pm

Rolls

quarterstaff attack - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

quarterstaff damage - (1d8+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Oct 11, 2021 8:40 pm
OOC:
not raging. I misread divine fury. I'll get to use it soon.
Oct 12, 2021 5:45 am
Bellow and the zombie on the east runs simultaneously, but Bellow is faster. He reach zombie in front of Elrond and swings his handaxe at the zombie should almost cutting a hand off. He then moves even closer to Elrond to escape incoming zombie attack and swing the second axe, scratching zombie this time. This attracted zombie however and allows to Elrond swings his quarterstaff right at the at zombie head. Zombie still standing and manages to Slam Bellow

The creature on the wall crawls upward and is not 15 feet high where wall changes to the ceiling, but it does not stop him from crawling.

Rolls

Zombie slam to hit - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Damage - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.