OOC chat

load previous
May 4, 2022 8:08 am
It is easy to carry weights over the water. It will probably take a minute but you could do it without any issues. The problem as far as I understand is that Thorem is not wiling to
May 4, 2022 8:24 am
Well there's always heroism spell as plan b
Last edited May 4, 2022 8:24 am
May 11, 2022 10:19 am
Just a guess... maybe my dear players you do not enjoy guessing what could be behind which doors before opening them? If that it the case I am more than happy to narrate that there are small holes in the doors and you could see through them and reveal you the whole map. It would samve me an effort I'm putting into hiding/unhiding rooms from you. So if it makes everyone happy, I stop cutting parts of the map - I would certainly be easier for me.
May 11, 2022 10:55 am
Gives Greyword more scissors for cutting and paste.
May 11, 2022 7:26 pm
if not, then I will just wait for you to decide on the door opening (or doing anything)
May 11, 2022 9:38 pm
I vote for whatever keeps the game flowing.
May 11, 2022 10:21 pm
Woot.
May 12, 2022 2:43 am
Gnellson says:
I can second it, whatever the DM thinks is the right choice in the situation.
May 12, 2022 4:15 am
Gnellson says:
Could you please clarify. Do you vote DM choose the door? Your DM thinks the right thing is for players to choose doors now. But he is ok to do wrong thing and blow up all doors at once just to "keep game flowing ".
May 12, 2022 8:07 am
Llets Play Russian roulette with ghosts
May 12, 2022 3:02 pm
As players we should be more precise when stating our actions. And for most action we do not need to wait for consensus within the party. If you want to do something, go ahead and do it.
May 25, 2022 9:54 am
Just a heads-up for you all. I will be on vacation starting on Thursday 5/26-Thursday 6/2, and I don't know if I will make any posts during that time.
May 25, 2022 10:00 am
Thanks for letting me know.
I will find ways to narrate your PC stay out of next combat (I bet it will start and be in the middle by 6/2) and adjust combat difficulty for 3 PCs instead of 4.
May 25, 2022 10:19 am
by the way, note: this is another proof of how uneasy it is for a person to understand what another person may not understand especially when we communicate in text. I suggest we all describe reasons for character actions to reduce confusion. I'll do mine:

- hellhound (h) was obviously looking for more spiders and he found them using his keen smell, while none of PCs were able to
- the invisible creature just moved through the wall to avoid Thorem attacking it, how it did that - you don't know as you do see it, only hear it
- spiders did not intend to attack medium sized creatures until you started poking at them (under the cloth)

P.S. I totally forgot that it not uncommon for DnD community to use custom rules for invisible creatures in a battle encounter, assuming that it is impossible for other creatures to know the location of an invisible creature. DnD rules make invisibility less powerful than that. I hope we are now clear about those rules as I may be putting more encounters where you may have issues seeing your enemies - be it invisibility, darkness type spells, fog or other reasons to have limited visibility or enemies at range >60 feet in non magical darkness.
May 26, 2022 6:24 pm
Hellhound cone works like this:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/Vmjqq.png

Logically it looked like this
https://i.imgur.com/0KkEKpK.png
Hellhound had a choice to breath away from Anguis, but he chose not to... who knows why
May 28, 2022 7:51 am
I'll delay posting until Monday as we are missing two player turn posts and HeroAmongMen is usually unavailable during weekends the next post will most probably be only Monday evening European time.
May 28, 2022 8:21 pm
Does Anguis know that there's something next to him?
May 28, 2022 10:23 pm
Your PCs are well aware of invisible creature location, I've marked it red on battle map. We play RAW creature gives away it's location when attacking and have still gave away location until does hide action. This particular creature don't try to hide
May 31, 2022 3:58 am
@Bubbles are you aware divine sense do not work through the wall. Anguis is aware based on sound that creature is on the other side of the wall before his current turn.
Are you also aware divine sense only give you the location it does not remove invisibility condition.
You will learn creature type if it will not be under total cover for you. But mechanically that is your only benefit.
May 31, 2022 1:58 pm
To roll with disadvantage you need to write
2d20L1+4
Advantage: 2d20H1+4
Note that you could test your roll commands here
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.