Our own adventure (5e)(i need more test subjects)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 20, 2021 1:57 pm
https://i.etsystatic.com/5310473/r/il/a949ec/1787682407/il_fullxfull.1787682407_1mqa.jpg

The Story
In a small village there was a group of friends. One of their favorite pastimes was sitting in the local Tavern "Wanderer's dream" and listening to the stories told by travelers and adventurers. About the places impossible to imagine, treasures greater than those of a king, adventures you could see only in dreams and heroes vanquishing the evil. Once one of them proposed to have their own adventure...

The Game
In this game we will be playing kids with no class or anything. This will be the tale of how someone grew up into an adventurer, a hero, a king or perhaps a villain. Who knows where the road will lead us.
Of course as kids we'll have to be smart to win. Straight forward battles would be difficult.

The Rules
Of course for a game like this homebrew is inevitable. So be prepared for that. The rules will also be a bit looser than usual, to ensure that we don't get killed in the very first encounter.

https://i0.wp.com/dmdave.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/bumwarts-children.jpg?fit=800%2C450&ssl=1
The characters
First of I need someone to DM this ad I would love to be simply a player for once 🙂
Looking for 3 more players aside from me. (Can be less)
We'll be playing a kid of any race or gender. In the age between 9 and 14. (The DM can change the age range slightly if he wishes)
Most likely we don't have any weapons or armor unless it's logically presented. We can have other possessions but nothing much. We are kids after all, not full grown adventurers.
Normally at this age you don't have a class yet but if you can explain you can be an apprentice of sorts. Though that isn't even first level in a class. (Up to DM to decide)
https://i.redd.it/a1pcvdinori21.jpg

The Game Duration and post frequency
This is a long term game as you can imagine.
I would say post as frequently as possible, but we all know that some times life gives us less time than other times.

The Endnote
As there is no game page yet please apply here.
When we'll find a DM and the page will be created it will be posted here and the applicants will be informed by a PM.

Ps. I chose 5e only because it's the only one I know.

https://i.imgur.com/BOVZQpZ.jpg
Last edited May 22, 2022 11:56 am
Oct 20, 2021 2:02 pm
I do like the idea and could potentially imagine running something along those lines, though it would be a one-shot, not a long campaign dealing with their whole growing into full adventurers.
And it wouldn't be 5e, I think, but some other system that suits this better.

Maybe you'll find someone who'd run it more along the lines of what you're looking for but if not, I might be convinced to do something like this
Oct 20, 2021 2:14 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I do like the idea and could potentially imagine running something along those lines, though it would be a one-shot, not a long campaign dealing with their whole growing into full adventurers.
And it wouldn't be 5e, I think, but some other system that suits this better.

Maybe you'll find someone who'd run it more along the lines of what you're looking for but if not, I might be convinced to do something like this
Well honestly I never dreamt of this covering their Full growth. That would be insane. Just enough for them to become real adventurers or what not. (Or die) there of course would be quite a few timeskips. No one is crazy enough to play 9 years old kid till his adulthood without them.
What system would be better?
Ps. I did gm this already once in the past (10 years ago)(though it was a pure RP). They had a couple of adventures and we left it there. Mainly cause of real life reasons. But honestly those were good times, worth it
Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Quote:
What system would be better?
Not sure yet. I'd have to look around. But something lightweight
Oct 20, 2021 2:37 pm
You know what I'm going to say here but I'd do it once a couple other games ended.
Oct 20, 2021 2:57 pm
Echoing what Falconloft said: Not quite yet for me
Oct 20, 2021 11:01 pm
I like the idea. I'm down to play all the way to adult hood but I imagine that's the long game xD

Len

Oct 21, 2021 1:19 am
Issue 9 of the Arcadia magazine (by MCDM) is coming out soon and will have rules for level zero characters in 5e. Might be useful if you decide to run this in 5e.
Oct 21, 2021 4:52 am
Len says:
Issue 9 of the Arcadia magazine (by MCDM) is coming out soon and will have rules for level zero characters in 5e. Might be useful if you decide to run this in 5e.
where do I find any info on it?

Len

Oct 21, 2021 5:09 am
It's not out yet, should be out later this month. I don't think much has been spoiled on it yet.
Oct 22, 2021 10:53 pm
I would be interested in that. As a Player, not GM. Any system would work for me. I just need to have access to the basic rules.
Oct 25, 2021 9:41 am
I haven’t played it before—only looked at the rules briefly—but I think The Burning Wheel might be a good game system for this concept since its "lifepath" system allows for characters of different ages that make mechanical sense. Making a little kid would be a simple as choosing fewer lifepaths during character creation.

Anyway, I like this concept, whatever the system, and I’d be interested in participating. I might be able to run it if no one else can, though my experience running this type of game is limited.
Oct 25, 2021 10:54 am
I'd recommend two very different game systems, Grimm, and Innocents (nWOD). They are both designed to play children and young adult characters, one is clearly more fairy tale inspired, the other (ironically not named grim) a darker take, since it falls under the World of Darkness umbrella. 5e might not be ideal to play this.
I'd be happy to start this if I wasn't already about to start a new game. Maybe I'll have the bandwidth a little further down the line.
Nov 3, 2021 8:38 pm
This sounds cool, I have been a DM for a similar game for 5e, was pretty wholesome, but to be honest it truly depends on how dark is the surrounding world.

I could try to DM this, but im kindof ashamed to. Because I still struggle with the forum sometimes.
Nov 3, 2021 8:41 pm
Bubbles says:
I could try to DM this, but im kindof ashamed to. Because I still struggle with the forum sometimes.
If you have any specific questions or difficulties, feel free to reach out and I'll try to help you as much as I can :)
Nov 3, 2021 9:02 pm
The only real problem I have with this is that, it would have to have a pretty wast session 0, including on how dark you want the setting, anime/game-like fantasy to grim dark-ish. (Found the PG13 rule, will use that)

To be honest 4-5 players in total would be perfect. It also would be interesting if some of you decide to be siblings, I think that this is a cool role-play challenge.

Other than that I'm mostly set (I have no clue how to create a game here), have already thought about a couple of mini adventures.
Last edited November 3, 2021 9:17 pm
Nov 3, 2021 9:09 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Bubbles says:
If you have any specific questions or difficulties, feel free to reach out and I'll try to help you as much as I can :)
Thanks! I will take you up on that when the time will come. :)
Nov 3, 2021 9:55 pm
Bubbles it's pretty simple to set up the game, in the games page there should a create game button. From there select the sheets to use and put in text for the game and it should be good to go.

It's been minute since I too created a game
Nov 3, 2021 10:19 pm
https://gamersplane.com/games/3273/

Oki I finally made it.
Last edited November 3, 2021 11:15 pm
Nov 3, 2021 11:17 pm
CaveJohnson says:
Bubbles it's pretty simple to set up the game, in the games page there should a create game button. From there select the sheets to use and put in text for the game and it should be good to go.

It's been minute since I too created a game
Are you going to DM this idea? if so I'll delete mine.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.