The Castle

load previous
Dec 18, 2021 9:47 pm
The King chuckles, "I believe the Pope is a bit too old to be running around delivering messages. He can hardly make it from the temple room to his bed chambers without assistance any more, poor man."

At Bright's suggestion, the King stands up from his throne, walks back down the stairs towards the party, and extends his hands out beside him. Smiling from behind his droopy nose, he says "That sounds lovely. Kingsguard, go fetch Drench, please, and tell him to cook us up a feast, we have much to discuss."
A fine late lunch/early dinner meal is had, the party of adventurers and an array of fanciful noble-imitating goblins and Kingsguard sit around a large table and hammer out the details of how to better establish relations between the Cragmaws and the neighboring towns and guilds. There are a few tense or awkward moments, sure, but overall there are some laughs and a solid plan is constructed. After a... somewhat comfortable night's stay in the castle, the party leaves the next morning to head back from where they came from empty-handed, but with good deeds behind them.

Lol, unless...
OOC:
I was going to call for a persuasion check, but honestly, I feel like you guys really did well and had convincing arguments, and having a failure based on just the dice might be a less satisfying of an ending IMO. If there is anything else your character would like to do/say, PLEASE do, but otherwise, I feel that this vignette has concluded its main story :)
Dec 19, 2021 10:45 am
...well almost empty-handed.

With her and her mouse waving farewell to her other companions, Reika sighed a relief that this weird mission had finally come to an end. Her path is bound to another place where there is much food, drink and less goblins shooting at them with rhyming weapons. Smiling to herself, she hoisted her pack to her back and walked onto the path taking her out of Cragmaw castle. The rays of the morning sun glinted at something shiny inside her pack: actually many shiny things. But what those things are and if it will get her into trouble is a tale for another time...

Well Nettles, I guess we're gonna buy some snacks after all!

Rolls

Sleight Of Hand - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

You do not have permission to post in this thread.