Hello There

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 29, 2021 6:54 pm
Hello friends. I was just looking for a medium to play rpg by text and I have found out the phrase "play-by-post". Yes, I'm that new to the role playing games. I have actively played zero rpg's before but I've listened to people playing different rpg's. FATE and its variations were especially interesting for me and I hope I find nice games and people here.

Len

Oct 29, 2021 6:59 pm
Welcome to the community, ireneofunyes! User bowlofspinach will be around soon to drop of some links to you in this thread, and I highly recommend joining her 1-on-1 tutorial game. Great for new players!
Oct 29, 2021 7:01 pm
Welcome, irenofunyes do you have a preferred Genre in your games?
eg. Fantasy, Sci-fi
Oct 29, 2021 7:03 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Oct 29, 2021 7:06 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
Welcome, irenofunyes do you have a preferred Genre in your games?
eg. Fantasy, Sci-fi
Well, I can definitely say Sci-Fi but recently I have been listening to a game of Vampire the Masquerade using FATE and I have enjoyed it so much that I've bought VTD Bloodlines from Steam. I guess that goes into the territory of fantasy but I don't particularly fancy hardcore fantasy settings.

Also thanks for the others for the warm welcome :)
Last edited October 29, 2021 7:07 pm
Oct 29, 2021 7:06 pm
Welcome!
Oct 29, 2021 7:19 pm
Welcome, ireneofunyes!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Jabes.plays.RPG
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Oct 29, 2021 7:19 pm
Welcome to GP!
Oct 29, 2021 8:02 pm
Howdy!
Oct 29, 2021 8:25 pm
Welcome aboard
Oct 29, 2021 8:30 pm
hi irenofunyes, glad you found this great place!
Oct 29, 2021 10:33 pm
Welcome, irenofunyes! Fate doesn't get played here a ton, but there are certainly lots of fans of it. I how you find some great games to try.
Oct 30, 2021 2:12 am
Welcome to GP!
Oct 30, 2021 5:21 am
Welcome ireneofunyes, to the hobby, to this means of playing RPGs, and to GP! Fate's a brilliant game, and actually a little easier to pick up if you don't have to 'unlearn' a bunch of habits that come from years of playing more traditional RPGs. Looking forward to playing with you sometime!
Oct 30, 2021 5:31 am
[ +- ] General Kenobi
Oct 30, 2021 7:35 am
Wow. I really didn’t expect this many people to greet me with such warmth. Thanks everyone, I hope we get to play together soon :)
Oct 30, 2021 12:39 pm
ireneofunyes says:
Wow. I really didn’t expect this many people to greet me with such warmth. Thanks everyone, I hope we get to play together soon :)
The community here is pretty warm, inviting and inclusive. That's a big difference between GP and a lot of other PbP sites I've been on.
Don't hesitate to jump in on any discussion, especially on the GP Discord, everyone's opinion and insight is valued and appreciated.
Nov 2, 2021 6:10 am
Hiya.

I hope to see you in a game, especially as I chuckle whenever I see your avatar.

https://gamersplane.com/ucp/avatars/10745.png
Nov 2, 2021 9:32 am
Yeah :D It's from a mini tv-show called Over the Garden Wall, he is even cuter than he seems.
Nov 2, 2021 2:44 pm
hello and welcome

You do not have permission to post in this thread.