Example PbP Ironsworn game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 4, 2021 4:40 pm
Hi, all.

I'd like to look through an existing game forum for an Ironsworn games. I'd like to see how it was set up and run to get some ideas for a game I want to run. In live games, there's a lot of back-and-forth discussion and collaborative decision making, and I'd like to see how others dealt with that in PbP. I have my own ideas, but I'm curious to see if someone had better ideas.

Can anyone point me to a public game, if such exists? It doesn't even need to be active.

Alternatively, if someone could tell me how to search the forums on my own, that would help.

Thanks.
Nov 4, 2021 4:50 pm
There isn't really a way to search for public games at the moment, unfortunately.

Public games have been integrated far better than before, thanks to @adam 's work, but I don't think they're searchable. The closest thing we have is this thread and Ctrl+F'ing it, there does seem to be an Ironsworn game in it, but only a solo one.

Links here and here. I don't know if that helps but I hope it does at least a little bit
Nov 4, 2021 4:56 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Links here and here. I don't know if that helps but I hope it does at least a little bit
What on earth is going on in that forum? It looks like a duet with one user as both the GM and the player.
Nov 4, 2021 5:04 pm
Haven't actually checked it out. But isn't that kind of what a solo game is?
Nov 4, 2021 5:08 pm
bowlofspinach says:
But isn't that kind of what a solo game is?
I... I didn't even know such a thing existed until I just googled "Ironsworn solo". Huh. TIL.
Nov 4, 2021 5:10 pm
Adam says:
bowlofspinach says:
But isn't that kind of what a solo game is?
I... I didn't even know such a thing existed until I just googled "Ironsworn solo". Huh. TIL.
Ironsworn actually has rules for solo play specifically, which is pretty awesome
Nov 4, 2021 6:29 pm
Many RPGS are coming out with or already have Solo supplements.
Nov 4, 2021 9:59 pm
I adore Ironsworn, it is utterly portable and flexible. Furthermore with this tool, it becomes so much easier to explore the Ironlands.

I thought of posting a sologame, but I would never do it as gm and player, I would just do a narrative. Maybe with some results. I don't want to trigger a psychotic episode or anything.
Nov 5, 2021 5:51 am
And just so people know, Ironworn is a pretty damned cool coop and guided / GMed game as well...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.