[CLOSED] MONSTER HUNTERS CLUB -Weekenders edition

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 16, 2021 12:45 pm
OK folks, I am closing this recruitment thread. We have interest from four players:

bowlofspinach
Squadfather44
GMBen
Drakis2

I wanted 3 players, but I think it is time I got out of my GM comfort zone and run a game for four ! - so all applicants are in, will send invites soon.
If all players agree, we can make this game public for others to follow.

Thanks Weekenders!
Nov 18, 2021 4:40 pm
@C1NDER just to say the Game forum is set to public if someone would like to follow. We are still in character creation
Nov 18, 2021 4:46 pm
Hi, C1nder! Too bad you couldn't join us on this one but there'll be more like it (and there's still Flood!)

Also, let me know if Dr_B's tagging of you worked because I'm curious about that
Nov 18, 2021 7:52 pm
Let's try again if it works, @bowlofspinach
Nov 18, 2021 7:54 pm
It does. Though to be fair, the reason I was curious was because I thought this was the in-game OOC thread and I was curious if you can tag someone in a (public) game that they're not in
Nov 18, 2021 8:07 pm
bowlofspinach says:
... I was curious if you can tag someone in a (public) game that they're not in
Go ahead and @tag me in a public game I am not in and I will tell you. Heck, try a private game too.
Nov 19, 2021 6:21 am
The tagging worked for me, at least on mobile!

Excited this will be public, looking forward to reading along.
Jan 19, 2022 8:52 pm
We are down one player and have one free spot on our Weekenders Monster Hunters Club game, a fast paced SWADE game about 11 year-old kids investigating mysteries in 1980s small town America.

The kids have become local heroes after their first case, and are getting involved in their second mystery...
Last edited January 19, 2022 8:54 pm
Jan 19, 2022 10:37 pm
Very fast paced. Fair warning. But it's an amazing game!
Jan 19, 2022 11:20 pm
It's well thought out and planned. As well as expertly ran.
Jan 20, 2022 12:05 am
Nah, you're too kind. I have amazing, responsive players, they make the game.
Last edited January 20, 2022 12:06 am
Feb 12, 2022 3:44 pm
I read on reddit you are looking for more players?
I would be interested. I live in Europe and can sure make multiple posts a day. I don't know this specific system, but I have played and GMed a lot Kids on Bikes which is also a Stranger Things like TTRPG.
If you have still room, I'd love to join in.
Feb 12, 2022 6:27 pm
hello SvanDerh, yes we still have room. That's great, if you can commit to the posting pace. Currently 2 out of 3 of us are in Europe, so your timezone wouldn't be a problem.

Perhaps take a peek at the game forums here, and see if you like the style of gaming. So you can take a sneak peek at what it would be like. Let me know!
Feb 12, 2022 6:43 pm
Oh, and do not worry about not knowing the SWADE rules - they are fairly easy to explain.
Kids on Bikes is very similar in tone to Monster Hunters Club.
Feb 12, 2022 6:52 pm
Hi Dr B. I read through the posts (not all of them if course). This site and the game mechanics are new to me, and there will be a learning curve. The mood and style, however, are exactly what I like and have been playing before with another game system.
Feb 12, 2022 6:58 pm
The site is pretty great and if you have any questions, there is alway someone available to help out. If you're interested in sticking around, I'd recommend the GP Discord as that's where you'll get answers faster than anywhere else.

I also run a Tutorial Game for anyone interested (which is set in Tales from the Loop which also has a kind of similar vibe).

At any rate, I'm happy to see you join the game and site!
Feb 12, 2022 7:00 pm
Quote:
The mood and style, however, are exactly what I like and have been playing before with another game system.
Well, then, what are we waiting for? I'll invite you into the game and we'll talk characters!
Feb 12, 2022 7:18 pm
I just joined. Thanks for the invite!! I have a character idea. Lets discus that somewhere and see how the mechanics fit
Mar 23, 2022 11:04 pm
The Weekenders are once again looking for a player or two - see the Game Page for details, and comment here if you're interested.

We reached a good jump-in point: we are currently in-between adventures. Fast posting rate!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.