OOC and Setup

load previous
Nov 18, 2021 8:09 pm
Did you get a notification @vagueGM ?
Nov 18, 2021 9:09 pm
Dr_B sent a note to bowlofspinach
Nov 18, 2021 11:48 pm
I collated relevant rule sections for your characters from the two books to help me track the various abilities.
Here they are. I also pasted them at the bottom of your respective character sheets.
[ +- ] Reference for Cody
[ +- ] Reference for Davy
[ +- ] Reference for Logan
[ +- ] Reference for Alana
Nov 19, 2021 4:50 am
I did not see those tweaks needed. Was still waiting for feedback 😄 Sorry.

For some reason, I thought a Major Hindrance was worth two edges and I didn't look it up again. I got rid of Brave again.

I also changed the other things you pointed out. Will give you names and pictures for my family later today!
Nov 19, 2021 6:27 am
I'll have my pics for you later today. I've got a crappy signal here at work.
Nov 19, 2021 7:10 am
bowlofspinach sent a note to Dr_B
Nov 19, 2021 7:16 am
bowlofspinach says:
I did not see those tweaks needed. Was still waiting for feedback 😄 Sorry.
No worries, easy to miss among all other messages.
Nov 19, 2021 4:24 pm
Characters are in great shape, perhaps let's start thinking about some backgrounds notes, next? They don't have to be long or elaborate, just to get a sense of who your characters are.

Also asked each of you to name their PC family members and find some photographs, please - unlike in many other games, the PC families here are bound to become important NPCs. Any notes about them will help me play them.
Nov 19, 2021 5:44 pm
Al is new in town after moving here from the big city [whichever big city makes sense]. Her father is an oil field inspector, so he's gone from home a lot, and her mother is a stay-at-home-mom. Al loves the city but her parents decided to move to a small town instead. They're not filthy rich but they're pretty wealthy so she never really had to worry about money at all.

Al is pretty, adventurous and wild. She loves going exploring, investigating mysteries and making up crazy theories about whatever thing has caught her attention this time. When she arrived in this town, it didn't take her long to make friends and become pretty popular. If you're new in town, you either become an outsider or an interesting new friend to everyone and her general openness have caused Al to become the second one, without a doubt.
Her motto in life is "I'll try everything once". Or maybe it's "No risk, no fun". Or maybe "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Or "I'll eat any pizza, as long as it doesn't have broccoli".

Sometimes, her little brother Benny can be a bit of a nuisance and when possible, Al tries to shake him and spend time with kids her own age, but she loves the little bugger and always takes care of him. He looks up to her and thinks she's the coolest person in the world (which she wouldn't necessarily disagree with).

Al's dad is rarely home but when he is, he showers her and Benny with gifts and affection, always trying to be the cool parent. Her mom is more strict and serious, though she can still be fun when she wants to.
The two of them have some marital problems and tend to fight a lot but they try to hide it from their kids, so Benny is completely unaware of it and Al only has a vague idea.
Nov 19, 2021 5:52 pm
perfect, love it! do add it to your character sheet, pls

as for big city, Atlanta would work. This is where (fictional) Gulf Haven is. Alabama has a narrow stretch of coast facing the Gulf of Mexico:
https://i.imgur.com/TnSB8Nw.jpg
Nov 19, 2021 6:11 pm
Added tgo my sheet
Nov 19, 2021 8:29 pm
Squadfather44 sent a note to Dr_B
Nov 20, 2021 8:59 am
Thanks for the work on the characters so far.

Starting Bennies: the Kid hindrance gives you +1 benny, so you all start with 4. Anyone with the Luck edge gets a fifth, as well as Alana for one of the archetype abilities.
Add them to your sheets, weekenders!

There will be some setting rules too, thinking of explaining them as they come into play.

While we wait for the last few bits (background for Squad and GMBen, photos and names of family -and himself- from GMBen), we'll make a start today!
Nov 20, 2021 9:12 am
Quote:
we'll make a start today
🥳
Nov 20, 2021 10:57 am
first post is up, let the fun begin!

(also added a short intro in Rules and Reference)

All threads are accessible from the Thread menu at the bottom of each page in the game:
https://i.imgur.com/Lijtqpd.png
Nov 21, 2021 5:53 pm
if you want the other players in the game (the GM automatically sees them) to be able to see each other's character sheets, you can make them Public by going to Characters>All Characters, then clicking on the book icon of the relevant character to turn the icon red.

https://i.imgur.com/UVUHARp.png
Nov 21, 2021 6:48 pm
Will do that for Al

The dice don't like her right now
Nov 21, 2021 7:07 pm
I'll set that up for Logan.
Nov 21, 2021 9:22 pm
hope you enjoyed the first weekend of our game, I certainly did! More tomorrow, at a slower pace, but keeping the story going.

@GMBen you still with us?
Nov 21, 2021 9:28 pm
Have made Cody public.

It has been huge fun this weekend! Love the chase in the school. Damn that Ricky, the cocky show-off!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.