OOC and Setup

load previous
Mar 25, 2022 7:52 am
And a handy recap of SWADE core mechanics is here (and also in the Rules and Reference thread):
[ +- ] SWADE basic rules
Mar 25, 2022 3:16 pm
The basic sheet has been submitted. I'll have a chance to look at my options and refine it a bit later today (US Central Time). I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the Daydreamer(survivor) archetype. That one spoke to me most out of all the options. I should have the mechanics of the character knocked out & ready for review/recommendations by tomorrow morning (your time, Dr_B) since I work nights and have time to post then.

I may need a bit of help refining the Belief powers but beyond that I welcome any and all input.
Mar 25, 2022 3:29 pm
Cool, no rush.

As an option, if you wanted to use instead the 'Custom' SWADE character sheet template I suggested here, it would be easier as it works for dice rolling integration - one click to roll the relevant Attribute or Skill dice. It's the same thing, but makes gameplay a little easier.

I also pinged you on Discord, in case you wanted to work together on your character there.
Mar 25, 2022 6:05 pm
Looks like we have another player showing interest in the recruitment thread. Looks like we're possibly back to the original number.
Mar 25, 2022 6:23 pm
if that's OK with people, I would like to try with 3 players. It may not seem like much, but a fourth player for me increases quite a lot the things I have to track as a GM.
Mar 25, 2022 6:47 pm
I like three players. And adding a lot of new players at once always runs the risk of dramatically changing the dynamic of the group
Mar 25, 2022 6:55 pm
No worries from me, I was glad to see a surge of interest.
Mar 25, 2022 9:34 pm
Okay, I've revised the character sheet type & resubmitted. I'll check DISCORD and be available there.
Mar 25, 2022 11:38 pm
OK thanks - we'll develop Johnny there
Mar 26, 2022 10:00 am
@Squadfather44 meanwhile Logan can choose how to spend his Advance.
[ +- ] Advances
He can choose any option except 'Increase an Attribute one die type' (as he already picked that once for this Novice rank). Both Alana and Logan are on the last tier of the Novice edge (3 advances total). The next advance will make them Seasoned.
[ +- ] Skill List
[ +- ] Novice-level New Edges
[ +- ] SWADE Edges summary
Mar 26, 2022 1:49 pm
Test.

Witchdoctor's character, Johnny TwoCrows, is almost ready to go
Mar 26, 2022 2:51 pm
I'll take the Alertness edge, it'll give Logan a +2 to Notice rolls.
Mar 26, 2022 5:59 pm
cool, good choice.

OK weekenders! I started a new chapter for the three of you. We will move Cody and Alice in the background for now.
Mar 26, 2022 11:46 pm
Took me a bit to get into Johnny's headspace. I think I've got a good handle on him now.
Mar 26, 2022 11:53 pm
witchdoctor says:
Took me a bit to get into Johnny's headspace. I think I've got a good handle on him now.
Welcome aboard! Solid opening post, we'll done.
Mar 26, 2022 11:57 pm
First posts are usually the most awkward unless you've already 'heard' the characters voice in your head already. I think I composed & deleted the opening paragraphs at least three times.
Mar 27, 2022 6:15 am
witchdoctor says:
First posts are usually the most awkward unless you've already 'heard' the characters voice in your head already. I think I composed & deleted the opening paragraphs at least three times.
They are. And they're also usually when a character really manifests. Sometimes, I write a first post and then realize that the character I had planned wasn't really that. But then I stick with what the character turned into because that's what feels right
Last edited March 27, 2022 6:15 am
Mar 27, 2022 6:27 am
I've had that happen as well. What I had planned for the character and what the character had planned for itself diverged radically and who am I to fight that? Lol. Sometimes they do take on a life of their own!

In Johnny's case it was just a matter of mood. I'm playing an evil genius in another game and switching gears into "80's kid-mode" took a minute.
Mar 27, 2022 7:32 am
Great post! So, Johnny is 12 and recently moved in Gulf Haven to live with his Aunts.

We have a unique opportunity here to catch glimpses of Johnny's Native American heritage, as Witchdoctor shares the same cultural background! So cool!
Mar 27, 2022 12:12 pm
forgot to mention, Alana has a bandaged hand and instruction to dress the burn with cream and clean bandages every day.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.