Player looking for game!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 17, 2021 7:38 pm
Hey all!

Long time RPG player who hasn't gotten to play much over the last few years, looking for a game to join. I have a bunch of experience with lots of RPGs, from light to heavy, as well as experience with Play-by-Post, though I haven't played a PbP game in a long time.

I'm looking to join a game with at least a bit of crunch, but not super heavy and doesn't take itself too seriously. I kinda prefer the epic tale over realism, and would love to join a game. If you're running a game and want another player, reach out! I'm not opposed to learning a new system (bare with me) and can post 2-3 times a week.
Nov 17, 2021 8:28 pm
I'd love to have you in a game of mine. Too bad I'm not really starting anything right now 😕
Quote:
epic tale over realism
Considering this, we might no tbe an amazing fit anyway, but I'd still be interested. Maybe Adam's upcoming Frost Maiden game would work well for you, though

“Look busy, the gaffer’s here”

Adam

Nov 17, 2021 9:28 pm
I’m sure every GM here would be honoured (if not also intimidated) to have the guv’nor join their game.

Rime of the Frostmaiden is rather long, but if you’d like to play some D&D 5e in the Forgotten Realms then I’m sure something can be tailored to fit your preferences and schedule.

I’d characterise my games as knockabout and quite lightweight. If you’re after something with subtlety, finesse and sophistication then one of the old-timers might be a better fit as gm.

Look busy, the gaffer’s here
Nov 17, 2021 10:07 pm
Keleth, you're welcome to join our Thunder Rifts game. Looking for one more player.

Wild Beyond The Witchlight

KoldikSteelskin

Nov 18, 2021 1:26 pm
[ +- ] Witchlight Hands
if your interested in any of these characters, for D&D's Wild beyond the Witchlight let me know, we are to the point where we enter the feywild.
Wild Beyond The Witchlight
Last edited November 18, 2021 2:59 pm
Nov 18, 2021 1:55 pm
A few of us run vignettes. These are short adventures where you can try out characters and also find out whether you're compatible with the system, the GM and other players.

If you don't have access to the 5e books, then I can legally share them with you using DnD Beyond's campaign feature.

I'd be happy to spin up a vignette or a small campaign for any of the following games:
[ +- ] ❄️ Rime of the Frostmaiden
[ +- ] 🦴 Tomb of Annhiliation
[ +- ] ⚔️ DnD 5e classic - Phandalin
[ +- ] 🕵️‍♀️ Candlekeep Mysteries
[ +- ] 🚬 Gritty Baldur's Gate Noir
[ +- ] 🤑 Waterdeep - City of Splendours
Last edited November 18, 2021 3:04 pm
Nov 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Keen to play a dystopian supers game? I've got space and we've only just started. Running Aberrant aka World of Darkness for supes.

Adam's right about every GM being happy for you to join them if you so choose! :)
Nov 18, 2021 3:01 pm
You can also play in my Tales from the Loop tutorial game for a quick and painless gaming fix
Nov 18, 2021 9:31 pm
I just bought a 5e "Random Encounters" book that I kind of want to try out. It has a number of one-shots in it that have me roll in strategic places for random encounters, so it might be kinda fun and lighthearted
Nov 18, 2021 10:09 pm
I'm building up courage to launch a One Ring 2e game. The system is new so it will be a learning experience for all involved. I'm a fairly new GM.
Let me know if you are into Tolkien and I'll set it up right away.
Nov 19, 2021 7:13 pm
Lol, The response to that shout-out was fairly predictable Keleth! I have a GM-less game going you're welcome to join. The game is called the Machine, and I'd be happy to have you join us. I'm just about to start my turn, which was going to be the last leg of the game, but you can round out the rotation. None of us had ever picked this one up before, so we were all equally debutants for this game. It is admittedly a fairly grim and adult concept for a game, but it can accommodate a very busy schedule with no issue whatsoever.

Len

Nov 20, 2021 4:24 pm
Hey Keleth, Jabes and I are running a D&D 5e city game. We have three players, definitely could use a fourth. You haven't missed much, characters are only at 2nd level. Check it out here.

It's beginner friendly. It's been on hiatus and trying to gain momentum again. Its designed to be episodic with the gaps filled in with downtime rules & narration, so you can jump off easily if it's not for you.
Nov 21, 2021 5:00 pm
Hey Keleth! I'm just going to second Len's invitation to our urban adventure. If it catches your fancy we'd be honored to have you.
Dec 2, 2021 3:51 pm
Stefron says:
I'm building up courage to launch a One Ring 2e game. The system is new so it will be a learning experience for all involved. I'm a fairly new GM.
Let's do it!
Dec 2, 2021 10:47 pm
Stefron says:
Ooh, I was just contemplating getting this and taking a look.
Dec 3, 2021 4:10 pm
Jiggidy40 says:

Let's do it!
Yes. I'll set it up. Seems like there is already a company gathering. I'll make a recruitment thread soon and see if one or two more bits.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.