Christmas lists for PbPers?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 20, 2021 7:44 pm
At least when I played IRL I could ask people for yet more dice. I kinda miss physical knickknacks.

Any ideas? I might ask for Auril to be laser engraved onto a zippo or something.

https://i.imgur.com/o674RzM.png
Nov 20, 2021 7:49 pm
Character art commissions are always a nice gift. I got @Jusika one for her birthday this year.
[ +- ]
Nov 20, 2021 7:53 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Character art commissions are always a nice gift. I got @Jusika one for her birthday this year.
[ +- ]
That’s clever and thoughtful.
Nov 20, 2021 8:08 pm
I had a new profile avatar recently made by a GP member, Lavender Todd. I'd like to have some character art commissioned as well.
Nov 21, 2021 2:25 pm
Do we want to do a Secret Santa? Might be a fun way to get to know each other or bring the community together a little bit.
Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Lol. I think Jabes has found Bowl's ideal gift. It'd need to be as tough as a heavy bag though.
Nov 21, 2021 4:02 pm
skeptical_stun says:
Do we want to do a Secret Santa? Might be a fun way to get to know each other or bring the community together a little bit.
I wondered about that. But different countries for delivery... giving out personal details... I couldn't work out how to make it work.
Nov 21, 2021 4:20 pm
Quote:
I wondered about that. But different countries for delivery... giving out personal details... I couldn't work out how to make it work.
If I may, I only got on this forum today and saw this thread coincidentally, but I'm halfway knowledgable on matters concerning reddit and would like to point out that they have both an organized secret santa every year (never participated so their methods may not be viable for this much smaller website) and a series of subreddit called "Random Acts of ____". The biggest, I believe, is "Random Acts of Amazon". Their system is putting up public wishlists on Amazon where you can order something as a gift, it doesn't show the sender the adress and I think it also doesn't notify the owner that something was ordered as a gift, so they won't know something was ordered until it arrives. In their wiki, the subreddit also has a list of shops offering the same/a similar gift-giving service. I noticed that this website has an affiliate link to amazon so you might be able to give a gift and support gamersplane at the same time.
Nov 21, 2021 4:58 pm
That looks very cool. We should take a look at that.
Nov 21, 2021 5:58 pm
Adam says:
That looks very cool. We should take a look at that.
Especially if it could work with something like DTRPG
Nov 21, 2021 6:56 pm
I love the secret santa idea but if we want to get on that, it should probably be soon. I send packages to a friend in the US regularly and they take a long time. We might also think about grouping people by continent or something to make it easier and cheaper.

I don't love the amazon idea for the reason that it's a wishlist when secret santa should be something surprising. Other than that, it's great. I have a Post Box so I could give out a sending address that would only give people my city, not my actual address, which I would be fine with.
Nov 21, 2021 9:13 pm
I admit, I don't know the answer here. It would be frustrating to get grouped into "my region only" piles, but across-the-world shipping is rough. Is it possible to buy from in-country stores and ship to a person? Meaning, go to an Italian store's website, ship to an Italian address, pay with my American credit card?
Nov 21, 2021 9:22 pm
skeptical_stun says:
Is it possible to buy from in-country stores and ship to a person? Meaning, go to an Italian store's website, ship to an Italian address, pay with my American credit card?
If they deliver and accept credit card payments then there is a good chance it will work, there are only a few credit card companies and most are accepted most places.

Dealing with recipient addresses is a problem. Don't hand that sort of information out on the internet.
Nov 21, 2021 9:29 pm
skeptical_stun says:
Meaning, go to an Italian store's website, ship to an Italian address, pay with my American credit card?
There is a decent chance that your credit/debit card company might flag that activity as fraud though and freeze your card, since it's routing through a random foreign location. That happened to me when I tried to buy Fallout 2d20 from Modiphius, a British company.
Nov 21, 2021 10:16 pm
Yeah, if they are not accustomed to seeing charges from other places they may worry. They are supposed to contact the holder and confirm, but just freezing the card and making the holder sort it out is easier for them. :(
Nov 21, 2021 11:00 pm
I've ordered from international sites by the way of credit card a couple of times without an issue, might depend on the company.

I don't know if other countries do this but here you can have packages sent to a postal office instead of your home adress (free of charge, no P.O. Box rental required) and there are several delivery services that will hold your package for you in one of their drop-off/pick-up locations (those are usually random stores/cafes that want a side income). It's certainly worth checking out your options
Nov 22, 2021 12:00 am
NABO says:
I don't know if other countries do this but here you can have packages sent to a postal office instead of your home adress (free of charge, no P.O. Box rental required) and there are several delivery services that will hold your package for you in one of their drop-off/pick-up locations (those are usually random stores/cafes that want a side income). It's certainly worth checking out your options
I guess we can leave that up to individual...Santa-ees? The recipients. I don't think I mind giving out my address to an individual, though I don't know how to give it out to THE individual but still keep it a secret. How does reddit do this with thousands of dang people??
Nov 22, 2021 12:02 am
This situation may warrant a poll. Maybe it's a good idea to gauge interest?

KCC

Dec 13, 2021 9:51 am
I picked up Scarlet Heroes, The Happiest Apocalypse on Earth and Free From the Yoke for myself for Christmas.

My wife very kindly surprised me by purchasing a copy of 40k’s Wrath and Glory and Ironsworn RPGs as an unexpected gift! I won’t know which to run next year!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.