Our friend Machiabelly has passed away

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 23, 2021 11:08 am
Oh man, that' s sad to hear. RIP
Nov 23, 2021 12:15 pm
Wow, I’m shocked and saddened by this news. I never got the chance to play with him, but I love hearing the stories from everyone who did. He will be missed.
Nov 23, 2021 12:30 pm
This news hit me hard. I was lucky to have played alongside Machiabelly as well as GM for him. He was always such a pleasure to be around. A brilliant roleplayer and a great guy all around. What a loss for this community! I'll miss him.
Nov 23, 2021 2:14 pm
Oh no.

Condolences to his family and friends. I've had the privilege of playing in a couple of games and GMing for him too. He had such strength of character, especially in the way he dealt with his health. I will miss him very much.
Nov 23, 2021 3:26 pm
Shocked to hear this. His health problems were no secret but handled them like a warrior. He will be missed.
Nov 23, 2021 4:43 pm
Oh no, this is heartbreaking. I enjoyed playing with him in a number of games, and even if we only knew each other online, he always seemed like such a great, friendly person. I'm going to miss you, Mach. :( Rest in peace, and may we meet again in another life!
Last edited November 23, 2021 4:44 pm
Nov 23, 2021 5:26 pm
I'm never good at saying what needs to be said at times like this; everyone else has already said it far better. But Machiabelly was always fun to play with. I'm sorry to hear that he's gone. He will be missed.
Nov 23, 2021 5:54 pm
While I played with Mach many, many times, it's always going to be his character in one of my long-running games that I will associate with him. Wil was a halfling fighter with the soul and wit of a bard and the spirit of the best kind of cleric: the one that cared deeply for people. He would rather charm a hardened villain (and did, to dramatic effect) than stick a blade in them.

Getting to know him as a person out of character, I always had the feeling that this was pretty close to who he was as a human being. I'm really going to miss talking with him. I thought the world of him as a person.
Nov 23, 2021 6:00 pm
Yes, I always thought of Wil as Mach's gaming alter ego, too. It felt very close to the person I chatted privately with.
Nov 23, 2021 8:04 pm
I've had the pleasure of gaming with Machiabelly on a few occasions. He recently had to leave my Five Torches Deep/Mystara game for health reason. I can only assume his health had taken a turn for the worse... You will be missed old friend.
Last edited November 23, 2021 8:04 pm
Nov 23, 2021 8:29 pm
Very sad news all around. Wishing his family the best right now. It's always tough to say farewell to a respected veteran.
Nov 24, 2021 8:18 am
I only had the pleasure to share one game with him, but he seemed like a great player as well as a great person. I hope for the best for his family.
Nov 24, 2021 2:54 pm
Such a mainstay of our community. How sad to hear of his passing! I echo the sentiments others have expressed, and share my condolences with his loved ones.
Nov 24, 2021 4:06 pm
I never had the privelage to play any games with the man but I encountered his presence in chat and his voice will be missed. Condolences to his family.
Nov 24, 2021 8:28 pm
I had very little interaction with the man (last of which was that Five Torches Deep game kalajel mentioned) and all of it was fine. Seeing all the good things others have to say here warms my heart. Condolences to his family, RIP mac.
Nov 24, 2021 11:42 pm
That's terrible to hear. Thinking of his family.
Nov 25, 2021 12:03 am
Damn, it's terrible to hear that.
Nov 27, 2021 1:02 am
I didn't have the chance to play in any games with Machiabelly, but I knew of him around the board and on discord. Seemed like a nice guy and he he was certainly taken too soon. Crap news overall, a terrible bummer.
Nov 27, 2021 1:51 am
I'm so sorry to hear this.
Nov 29, 2021 8:07 pm
Damn, I think I gamed with him a couple of times. So sad, I hope it wasn't Covid. Life is like a flame, it burns strong, but never lasts. RIP brother.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.