[CLOSED] Winter Holiday Specials

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 2, 2021 6:58 am
And now for something completely different.

Looking for some non-denominational winter holiday cheer? Want to play some off-the-wall characters in a bizarre setting, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter? Well then, you are just the kind of player I am looking for! I have 4 potential uber-silly games I would like to run - so if any of these sparks your interest, please post a reply to this thread! If I get enough interest in one or more of these games, I will start them up!

System: Risus - The Anything Roleplay (PDF is free on DriveThru RPG, and only 4 pages!)
Experience: None! This will be my first time running Risus, but it is such a rules-light system that no experience is required.
Posting Frequency: PbP 5 times per week (M-F) OR Live Text on a set day/time, if all players agree.
Durations: These are mega-short little oneshots - in PbP it may take 1-2 months (Dec-Jan), while Live Text will probably take 2-3 two-hour sessions.
The Lich Who Stole Giftus
Quote:
You ride into Hooville one cold winter night, prepared to indulge in some festive delight. All the houses are covered in blankets of snow, but something is missing - the spirits seem low. No children are playing, no lights have been hung, no trees decks with tinsel, no songs being sung. The silence is eerie, the mood feels so dire. The inn offers shelter, but no warmth by its fire. The once-Happiest-Village, now looking so sad - what could have happened? It must have been bad.
GM Note: That's right, I rhyme through this whole thing, and you should too! A bonus die can be added to any action described in rhyme.
Other than that, this is a pretty straightforward adventure. Player characters are "Adventurers" in a Fantasy World and can be any fantasy race.

Player 1: open
Player 2: open
Player 3: open
The Archfey, the List, and the Snow Globe
Quote:
You can't explain why, but that old antique snow globe just seemed to call out to you. It had seemed like the perfect gift, so you paid the odd white-haired man at the counter and headed for home, and then for bed... You wake up in a cozy little cottage, with no memory of how you got there. You glance out of the window to see a winter wonderland - the exact perfect landscape you admired in that antique globe. Your eyes look toward the sky, only to see that it's... covered in a glass dome? You try to shake yourself awake - this must be a dream, right? There is no way you are actually in a snow globe. ... Right?
GM Note: Sucked Into Another World-type story, this is a story based loosely around "Solstice Shenanigans", though the concept is more like "Narnia" or "Amphibia". Player characters are "Ordinary People" that have been transported into a Weird Fantasy Dimension and can have any relationship to one another (but are living/staying in the same house).

The Station of Misfit Tech
Quote:
The now defunct Sub-Artic Neo-Tech Arsenal Station (S.A.N.T.A.S.) Workshop lies abandoned near the north pole. You, a band of derelict and malfunctioning androids, remain dedicated to keeping the station and its technology secure - despite decades of disuse. Then, one night, the perimeter alarm goes off. Humans are attempting to infiltrate the station and scavenge the technology! What's a bot to do?
GM Note: A story based on "The Factory of Misfit Omega Tech", but from a different angle. Kind of a robot-sci-fi "Home Alone". Player characters are "Androids" in a Sci-Fi World and can have any malfunction.

The Santa-cide Squad
Quote:
If there is one thing disgraced Storybook villains hate, it's "joy" and "cheer" - which makes "the most wonderful time of the year" nearly unbearable. This year isn't quite as cheery as the others though - and you soon discover why: the spirit of Jolly Ol' Saint Nick has been corrupted by an overabundance of cynical, negative feelings from the human world - which has caused the whole tale to become dark and rotted. That's great news as far as you're concerned - but, soon you're visited by the Holiday Spirit herself - and she makes you an offer you cannot refuse. Your mission is simple: kill the corrupted Santa Claus, and save Christmas. (Oh, you'll do more than that.)
GM Notes: An evil-character campaign? For the holidays? It is more likely than you think. This story is based heavily on "Last Christmas", and, of course, "The Suicide Squad". Player characters are "Classic Fairy Tale/Fable Villains" in a Storybook World and should each have their own motivations/machinations.

I only need 3 characters for any of these, but I can take up to 5, if for some reason one of these is popular. Please post in THIS THREAD if you are interested!
Last edited December 7, 2021 2:48 am
Dec 2, 2021 12:31 pm
So many choices, they all sound terrific. I can fill in where needed, not a game in specific.
Dec 3, 2021 8:49 am
I see what you did there! Glad to have you on board!
Now we just hope that these games aren't ignored.
Dec 4, 2021 12:14 am
Oh, they sound great! I would love to take part in either "The Lich Who Stole Giftus" or "The Archfey, the List, and the Snow Globe". The rhyming thing sounds like... an exceptional challenge.
I'm such a sucker for Christmassy stuff.
Dec 5, 2021 3:57 am
I'm down for the Santa-cide Squad. Need to scratch my head about what villain to play.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.