Tis the Season

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 2, 2021 8:03 pm
yes 'Tis the Season' were some people start to ramp up IRL life Holiday Exodus from the site. Or long running games slow or go on hiatus. Some may have had early symptoms from Late November. That said what games are people looking for during the season? One shots or a short game over the holiday season since they're still checking the site? Holiday themed games? One shot of a new system or update that game out? Want to figure out a system and mechanics to skin a movie that just came out (Probably not Clifford...)? Just curious.
Dec 2, 2021 8:39 pm
I would love to play some oneshots! Any system really, as long as the character creation is not too tedious.

The subject matter does not matter as much, but I prefer fantasy and sci-fi. I am going to be running some holiday themed oneshots (possibly), but I would love to play in one as well!
Dec 5, 2021 5:32 am
A one-shot on PbP could certainly last the entire holiday season!

Some games that are high on my list to play right now are (in no particular order):

FATE
Black Hack
Pathfinder 2e
Savage Worlds (Savage Rifts, SWADE, or Explorer's Edition)
Dec 5, 2021 7:59 am
I'm planning to run a one-shot for the holidays. I posted a week or so ago but didn't get many responses so I'll be modifying the options a bit. I'll either run a PbtA game (City of Mist, Cartel, or The Sprawl) or Savage Worlds (Rippers, Sundered Skies, or Sprawlrunners).
Dec 5, 2021 10:07 am
nezzeraj says:
... one-shot ... City of Mist ...
I am keen to try City of Mist as a player, I GMed it a bit.
I worry that a one-shot will not do it justice. It is a rather involved setup and may need more play-time to justify it. Many of the mechanics are also slow to develop, so we may not get to see too much in a one-shot.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.