Ask Me Anything: runekyndig

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 9, 2021 7:22 am
Len says:
Also: you've done some analysis of Gamers Plane data that has been fun to read and look at. If you had unlimited time, what sort of GP data analysis would you find interesting to do?
I have asked for direct access to the database or a copy of the database, but I asked when the development was speeding up, so...

Anyway, I would love to look at a correlation between post length and use of media (image tags, spoiler tags ect) versus the game length. Try to answer the question: Is there a statistical relationship between game length (success) and the quality of posts

Or find anything other characteristica for long games that shorter games did not have. System / players "age" on GP / suggested posting frequency VS real frequency ect.
Last edited December 9, 2021 7:32 am
Dec 9, 2021 2:35 pm
Last chance to ask some more questions before the next AMA will start tomorrow!
Dec 29, 2021 1:03 pm
runekyndig says:

Anyway, I would love to look at a correlation between post length and use of media (image tags, spoiler tags ect) versus the game length. Try to answer the question: Is there a statistical relationship between game length (success) and the quality of posts

Or find anything other characteristica for long games that shorter games did not have. System / players "age" on GP / suggested posting frequency VS real frequency ect.
What data would you need to identify this?
Dec 29, 2021 1:58 pm
My current hypocrisies is that a successful game has a more or less stable posting frequency pr player throughout the lifespan of the game. There is a high frequency in the beginning, and then it stabilises as the game begin

https://i.imgur.com/x7V5hvu.png
I would imagine that it looks a bit like this. Where a failing game (red) see a drop in posting frequency and in the end the game is closed

You do not have permission to post in this thread.