I'm new here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 5, 2021 9:54 pm
Hello, I go by "corn" and I'm 22 years old and new to this site. I'm also relatively new to PBP games and D&D, also. I'm interested in learning more and itching to play as soon as possible.
Dec 5, 2021 9:56 pm
Welcome, corn!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 5, 2021 9:57 pm
Welcome, corn! D&D games start routinely, and many are friendly to new players. Give it a little time, and I'm sure you'll find a great game.
Dec 5, 2021 10:22 pm
Welcome to GP corn!
Dec 5, 2021 10:45 pm
Welcome corn!

If you click on your profile pic in the upper right corner, then go to Settings, you can opt in to the "I'm Looking for A Game" feature and give it a quick description of what you're looking for. You can also look at the front page of the GamersPlane website to see other people with the LFG status and what they're looking for. Or, go to the "The Gamers" page in the top toolbar and you can filter users with the LFG status and explore what they're looking for too!

It might be another month or two or irl time before anything happens with this, but I'm considering starting a D&D 5e Unearthed Arcana game where we can playtest any new Unearthed Arcana that is released in quick little one-shot adventures, let me know if that interests you and I can keep you on a short list for whenever I get around to that! :)
Dec 5, 2021 10:51 pm
Welcome Aboard, Corn!
Dec 5, 2021 11:05 pm
Greetings and welcome, good Corn!
Dec 5, 2021 11:44 pm
Welcome to dork country, corn, you are among friends!

Seriously, welcome to GP. =]
Dec 6, 2021 1:20 am
Hello corn, and welcome!
Dec 6, 2021 2:31 am
Welcome!
Dec 6, 2021 4:07 am
Howdy!
Dec 6, 2021 4:32 am
Welcome to the community, corn! You'll find gamers of all ages and levels of experience here and we're happy to have everyone! What kinds of games are you interested in?

Len

Dec 6, 2021 6:10 am
Welcome aboard, Corn!
Dec 6, 2021 8:02 am
Welcome!
Dec 6, 2021 12:02 pm
Welcome!
Dec 6, 2021 12:13 pm
Welcome to GP!
Dec 6, 2021 2:27 pm
Hello, and welcome to the site! PbP is a great way to experiment with new games.
Dec 6, 2021 4:07 pm
🐋 come aboard. I came a total rookie here as well, so I know the feeling. Hang around, nice things are just around the corner.
Dec 7, 2021 2:30 am
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.