Ongoing game needs new players (5e)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 6, 2021 2:45 pm
I’m looking for two players to join an ongoing 5e adaptation of the Pathfinder AP - Rise of the Runelords. Here’s a link if you want to check it out: https://gamersplane.com/forums/7144/

The content is overall not too violent albeit with some description of mild gore and some swearing. We try to be respectful and inclusive.

The pace of the game is quite slow at the moment and I’d imagine that it will continue to be so in the near future, so you need to be okay with that. (3-5 posts a week on average)

You can use all official races and classes from 5e for your character generation.

The party is currently in an assault on a goblin fortress which has been behind a few attacks on a town they’ve been named protectors of.

As for applicants I’d just like to know what your general idea for your character is and maybe how you’d envision them joining the party. If I dig the concept, then you’re in.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know
Dec 6, 2021 10:46 pm
Just making sure on classes since I've only read back stories so far, but I'm guessing there's a tougher, a ranger, and a bard? Not exactly sure what Twilight's class is.
In any case, I'm interested in playing either a cleric or a fighter; Thinking tiefling for the race. I'll put up a more solid concept after I've read a bit more to know what's happened so far.

EDIT: I think I might play a paladin instead, just so there's a combo between the two.

EDIT 2.0: I might also decide on a rogue since I passed over him in my character backlog. Cheeky Lil gnome.
Last edited December 7, 2021 1:02 am
Dec 7, 2021 6:51 pm
At the moment there’s a barbarian, a warlock and a fighter in the party. There’s an NPC Cleric as well, although he’s obviously not a permanent member :) but sounds good, let me know what you land on
Dec 7, 2021 8:05 pm
Sassafras, could there be any reason for goblins to have prisoners in the fortress? Or some goblins taking my either unconscious or tied up character to the fortress and party intercepting those goblins.
Being a prisoner that party will get free sounds most natural way to introduce new PC into the story. Besides I would prefer my PC not to be related to the town current party are protectors of to avoid conflicts of any kind.
Conclusion: my PC would most probably be a druid who was traveling the forest or even gathering information on the goblin activities.
Let me know if this is all making sense and I will work on more details as I see there is plenty of info to work through in your game
Dec 7, 2021 8:57 pm
I might be late to the party on this, but here's my pitch:

"Oh! Hello - I, uh, seem to be stuck here, could you just...yes, that's it - OH! - watch the leg." A silver-haired man stands before you, leaning a bit heavy on his right foot, a discerning look of sharp intellect passing over each of you in turn. "Thank you," he says, brushing the dirt and rubble from his long, blue wizard robes. "Cedric Aladar, at your service, if you will. Mmm, yes, just one question - where are we?" He listens a moment nodding his head. "Yes, yes, and the date? What year is this!?" He shakes his head vehemently. "That simply won't do. That daft ritual was to send my spiritual self back to ancient Thasselon. How am I supposed to learn the secrets of the Runelords when all it gave me was some trumped-up dimension door? Hmph." He looks around, wondering at their location. His mouth widens into a slow grin. "These stones," he says, "Yes well, this is interesting, I need to study these ruins....wha? What do you mean goblins?"

I've always wanted to give Rise of the Runelords a whirl. I'm comfortable with the pace you mentioned and if I make the cut will put a character sheet together promptly.
Last edited December 7, 2021 9:03 pm
Dec 7, 2021 10:36 pm
Sassafras says:
At the moment there’s a barbarian, a warlock and a fighter in the party. There’s an NPC Cleric as well, although he’s obviously not a permanent member :) but sounds good, let me know what you land on
Oh boy did I get most of my guesses wrong :p
Yeah, I think I'll put forth Gimthle Brambleberry then, my gnomish rogue.
Coming from a wealthy wine family and being the middle child of five siblings, Gimthle knew he would never really have a chance at heading the estate. That's not to say that his advice, and covert actions of sabotage, haven't led the family business to higher prosperity. For like his grandfather, he took to the thieving arts to elevate it.
However, one fine summer eve, Gimthle was enjoying some of the family wine whilst sat beneath a tree. An idea struck his mind: "You're bored! The winery is doing fine - you need to get out there! Travel a little, maybe pocket some riches along the way?"
He thought the wine was talking to him, but he knew that it was just his own inner thoughts. It was a tempting idea indeed, though. Things were getting pretty stale around the place for him. The winery was without any local competition, and just about every tavern in a 10 mile radius had their wine stocked up due to his charms and persuasion.
Come the next week, Gimthle started off down the road, whistling a cheery tune. He started off in the direction of Sandpoint, though not being a very experienced traveler, wound up lost in what is known as the Nettlewood.

I would imagine that Gimthle might come across the party after stumbling by, or even accidentally falling down into the goblin cavern. Being taken prisoner would also be feasible, if its not too far past that point.
Dec 8, 2021 8:07 am
Since C1NDER is so committed to this game I will step back. I was not too happy with a slow game anyway. Although I was intrigued by opportunity to tailor PC based on campaign specific background and define my character while having a very detailed information about location. I admire the effort DM have put to the game.
Dec 10, 2021 8:47 pm
That’s fine GreyWord and thanks for the kind words :)

Legion and C1nder, you’re both in if you’d like to. I’ll send you invites right away. The prisoner angle was the one I was planning on unless one you had an idea you really wanted to pursue. The location of the fortress (island only connected by a single bridge) leaves accidentally stumbling into them as unlikely. But we can always talk more about it in the forum :)
Dec 10, 2021 8:52 pm
Aye aye! Glad to be on board!
Dec 11, 2021 6:45 am
Just want to suggest one more idea (although both players already defined their characters it is most probably too late) - since goblins are playable race now in DnD one of new PCs could be a goblin (or Hobgoblin or Bugbear) the party will persuade to join them.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.