New Challenger Approaches

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 8, 2021 10:39 pm
Hey, found this space looking into this whole PbP thing. Been playing RPGs for over a decade now, and loved games in general for as long as I can remember, but never played by post before. Recently turned 30 and got my first child, so I don't have time for the classic meetup anymore, and the state of the world right now puts a damper on that anyway, so figured I'd give this a shot. Eager to learn and play with you all! Currently mostly interested in PbtA, or maybe a WoD game, but I'm into a variety of systems, and always glad to try something new.
Dec 8, 2021 10:40 pm
Welcome, Silver!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 8, 2021 10:47 pm
Welcome to GP, Silver2238!
Dec 8, 2021 10:57 pm
Welcome to GP! Kids and pandemic were the exact things that brought me here last year. We're happy to have you and I'm looking forward to playing with you!
Dec 8, 2021 11:41 pm
Welcome to GP, Silver!!
Dec 9, 2021 12:07 am
Howdy! Yes, having a kid will put a kink into in-person gaming. Welcome to our site!
Dec 9, 2021 12:08 am
PbP FTW!

Welcome!
Dec 9, 2021 1:47 am
Welcome Aboard!
Dec 9, 2021 2:52 am
Welcome, Silver2238!

Len

Dec 9, 2021 3:48 am
Welcome to the community, Silver!
Dec 9, 2021 3:54 am
Welcome to GP!
Dec 9, 2021 5:17 am
Welcome Silver.

'PbtA' is a rather broad road. Are there any in particular you are interested in? Genres, themes, and book/movie references can sometimes be as good game system names.
Dec 9, 2021 6:37 am
Welcome to the site and community, Silver!
Dec 9, 2021 1:52 pm
Hello and welcome!
Dec 9, 2021 1:53 pm
Welcome and Hello!
Dec 9, 2021 5:09 pm
Welcome to the community, Silver!
Dec 9, 2021 5:37 pm
Hello and welcome!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.