2.0 - The Shiny Cube

Jun 9, 2016 8:12 pm
OOC:
Obligation is triggered. Every character has their max strain reduced by 1 until my next obligation roll. Lin's max strain threshold is reduced by 2 until my next roll. TBD how I weave this one in -- but I'll get there.
falryx sent a note to Friar_Tuk
Once in hyperspace, the lot of you relax considerably. Yes, there's some vicious Hutt that wants a piece of Mala -- but Hutt's hungering after Twi'leks is nearly as old as the galaxy itself at this point, so you manage to sort of convince yourselves it's not a big deal.

After about a day en-route, Lin and Akhrirar work together to unpackage the job contents from your Mon Cal infochant/go-between. This isn't quite a bounty job -- but it's paying well. There's some kind of pre-Imperial artifact that a collector wants and he or she is paying a pretty penny to get it -- and soon, before someone else gets their hands on it.

The University of Reles -- Reles being the capital city of Spintir -- has become known in certain rarefied circles for having an unusual museum and collection of artifacts. Rumor has circulated that somewhere among this collection may an artifact desired by your client. It is described as a palm-sized metal cube with crystalline facets.

Your task is to validate the existence of the cube, and should it be there liberate it for delivery on Nar Shadaa. Odo - your Mon Cal infochant - warns that as word of this artifact spreads, it could become a target for acquisition by any one of a number of particularly nasty forces. As a result, he cautions you to utmost secrecy and suggests you move quickly.

Rolls

Obligation - (1d100)

(41) = 41

Jun 10, 2016 8:59 pm
OOC:
Thread unlocked. Any pre-planning or shall I take you into the Spintir system?
Jun 10, 2016 9:56 pm
With the crew settling into the new job and not wondering when people were going to bust in and snatch Mala, Akhrirar called a meeting.

"Here the data we have on the item. We're not going to have a long time to sit and steak out the plan fully over three to five weeks most likely. Plus we still need to get the ship fueled up. So who wants to research what? There's the University and events possibly to use as a diversion for law enforcement to come out in force while we go in. Locate issues going on most likely and such. I don't mind checking out security when we get planet side." he states looking around to everyone to see what they want to do.
Jun 10, 2016 10:10 pm
OOC:
flipping a destiny point to say that this is my Alma Mater
I graduated from the medical program here and I'm still on the list of active Alums. I could ask for a tour, maybe go through the museum to scope out security and put eyes on the item.
Jun 10, 2016 10:23 pm
"Mala you still have the bounty on your head though, you sure you still want to make yourself that visible?" Akhrirar asks.
Jun 10, 2016 10:49 pm
OOC:
of course it's safe. I haven't lost 2 strain
How fast do you think a bounty hunter can catch up to us when they don't know where we're going? at any rate, if I can do this as soon as we make planetfall, I should be able to get my information and get back to the ship before any problems arise.

if anyone is particularly worried about me going unattended, I can ask if my 'spouse' can join us.
Last edited June 10, 2016 10:49 pm
Jun 10, 2016 10:55 pm
"I don't mean the same bounty hunter. Showing up using your real name though isn't without it's risks of getting flagged. We just went through this because we weren't careful..." he states sighing and rubbing the flat bridge of his nose ridge hearing the final comment. He looks from Lin to Fuzil and thinks... "I'm assuming you mean Acaatha."
Jun 10, 2016 10:57 pm
Of course I mean Acaatha. And I can request a private, off the books tour. Universities like this bend over backwards for Alumni because they're always greedy for credits, and up until a year ago I was a pretty faithful donor
Jun 10, 2016 11:26 pm
"Well if they can set it up and Acaatha's okay with it I don't see why not I guess. The quicker we can get the lay of the land the quicker we can leave."
Jun 11, 2016 12:42 am
"The plan is sound." I say over the comms.
Jun 11, 2016 4:57 am
then it's settled. Acaatha and I are going to need to look the part, though... oh! this would be a great time to wear the dresses we got on Alderaan, Acaatha! you know, before it... well...
Jun 11, 2016 12:52 pm
I think that was sarcasm Fuzil thinks to himself Yeah i bet it was sarcasm he shrugs and continues to eat what looks to be a jerky type snack.

It i ok that Fuzil would not be included on plans like this. Actually it suits him well. he is not good at lying or persuading people. He knows his plants and he knows his mechanics.

He continues to chew as he watches and listen to the the two get their plans together. I wonder if i gve them a list of seeds they would get it for me? He shakes his head of that notion. Seems they would be to busy to get something on the side... MMMMMMM jerky.
Jun 11, 2016 1:43 pm
"Whatever the job requires." my tone is flat and unexcited. In the cockpit, to myself, I smile.
Jun 13, 2016 2:56 pm
A university? Ugh. Well, at least there'll be a lot of bars...
Jun 13, 2016 8:53 pm
I'm going to get changed and contact the university.

Mala heads to the communication terminal in her quarters to contact the university and arrange a tour for her and her "spouse"
Jun 14, 2016 2:08 pm
Akhrirar rubbed the length of his face a few times and shook his head sitting down with his data pad and reviewed the new catalog from Drearian Defense Conglomerate for their newest stock items in their inventory.
Jun 14, 2016 4:57 pm
OOC:
is there a roll you want me to make to set up the tour? if so, I'll edit this post
Jun 14, 2016 5:11 pm
The FTY pops out of hyperspace, squawking its official -- rather than its illicit -- transponder codes.
OOC:
The illicit codes would have been used on Eriadu and may be tainted with the Empire.
As you head towards orbit and touchdown at the Reles starport, Mala reaches out to the University of Reles to see if she can arrange a tour.
OOC:
Mala - you were a well-known enough person on Coruscant, so there's a chance that news of your subsequent travails hasn't hit Reles just yet. However tours are tightly controlled to the Important People, so what might otherwise be a straightforward task is a little harder than average. Let's go with a 'hard' negotiation roll (3P).
Spaceport control reaches out to Lin and guides him into a docking bay that has room for about three different ships of about equivalent size. A beat-up looking YT-1300 occupies one of the slots and you slide into the middle pad without any difficulty or guff from traffic control. As a civilized, and efficient, Imperial spaceport, electronic forms begin to stack up for registering any cargo, paying fees, etc. Docking fees are a bog-standard 250CR per week, and this is cheerfully applied to a bill.

Fuzil is somewhat grumpy at the fuel and repair costs. It looks like they're a good 10% higher than what you would have paid on Kwenn station, but given it's the hind-end of space spinward of the corporate sector, I suppose you can't be too fussy.
OOC:
I'll deduct the fees from the balance sheet.

Rolls

Outer Rim Spaceport pricing randomization

1 Success, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Failure

Jun 14, 2016 5:13 pm
OOC:
Can I get on the call with Mala, acting as her 'spouse' to aid the negotiation check?
load next

Thread locked