2.0 - The Shiny Cube

load previous
Jun 14, 2016 5:13 pm
OOC:
Candi says:
Can I get on the call with Mala, acting as her 'spouse' to aid the negotiation check?
Sure thing. your boost can apply.
Jun 14, 2016 5:15 pm
as the ship reverts to realspace and Lin deals with docking, Mala takes a deep breath before punching in the code for the university.

Yes, could I be directed to Alumni Affairs?... yes, This is Malad'oneeta! I'm just about to land planetside and would really love to arrange a tour for me and my spuse! I want to show off my alma mater to her...

Rolls

negotiation

3 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Jun 14, 2016 5:30 pm
I throw my arms around Mala as I step up behind her chair, "I'm really excited to see the university. I mean, if it's even half as great as Mala says it is, I can't see why wouldn't consider making a donation." I smile and give Mala a quick kiss on the cheek.

Rolls

Boost for Assist (Pack Hunter grants 2)

3 Advantage

Total: 3 Advantage

Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm
OOC:
4 advantage!? wow, can they send us a hover limo or something? make a nice day out of it?
Mala keeps a smile on her face even though Acaatha nearly scared the lekku off of her. She puts a hand on her arm and leans closer to her
Last edited June 14, 2016 5:32 pm
Jun 16, 2016 11:45 pm
OOC:
Sorry for the delay - long day yesterday.
The administrator at the other end of the comms asks for a moment to check the schedule. You've the sense that he's also making a point of checking for Malad'oneeta's name in the alumni register and whether or not she's managed to donate with any regularity to her alma mater.

He returns shortly to the comm and says, "Yes? Hello, Ms. Malod'oneeta? We'd love to provide you with a tour. As it turns out, our curator is off with a class in the nearby wilderness for another day or two. Perhaps we could arrange for a time a few days hence?" After a pause he says, "Alumni affairs would also like to welcome you back to Spintir -- perhaps some cocktails tomorrow or the day after?"
Jun 17, 2016 12:01 am
if there's any way we could do a tour sooner rather than later I'd appreciate it. We're not staying planet side for long. We'll be starting our honeymoon, see.

oh, please buy it, please buy it Mala thinks. Lying about something in order to eventually steal from her Alma Mater is a real strain to her system (taking 1 strain)
OOC:
going to roll deception just in case. got to be convincing that we're newlyweds in love...
Last edited June 17, 2016 5:20 am

Rolls

deception

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Jun 17, 2016 10:30 pm
There's a pause an Mala can almost imagine the other side grimacing. "Well, we may be able to give you a brief tour beforehand, but it really wouldn't have much material. I'm afraid without the curator present to act as a docent, it's more or less walking through a museum without any... well.. context."
Jun 17, 2016 10:38 pm
well, that's disappointing, but we really would prefer sooner rather than later. Oh! do you still have virtual tours available? we can bring our datapads! How soon can we set up a tour?
Jun 21, 2016 8:01 pm
"Well certainly we could set up the virtual tour. It will have everything in the standard collection. If you connect up to the planetary network, I'm certain we could arrange a quick guest account for you. But that's nothing like seeing in person -- what with a curator to discuss each item..."

The voice has swapped from wanting to be solicitous and helpful to trying to ensure they get you in person. The cause is readily transparent to an alumna of the school -- they were always hot to get a nice donation from alumni.
Jun 21, 2016 8:03 pm
hmm.. I'm wondering if we could combine the two.. I'd really like to show her in person today if possible.. are there holo docents that can give basic information about what we're looking at?
Jun 21, 2016 8:36 pm
"That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm sure it's on the museum's list of interesting improvements, but alas, I'm not aware of anything that is available at this time. It's either the somewhat stale encyclopedia or the tour with the curator -- a rare thing, I might add -- for our most honored guests."

There's a pause as he mulls it over. "Perhaps we could have the Malad'oneeta Holodocents at some point in the future..."
Jun 21, 2016 8:44 pm
That's a possibility. *sighs* ok, so the curator should be back in a day or so? let me know when he is available

Mala closes the channel and lets out a frustrated sigh

I'm having flashbacks to registration day!
Jun 21, 2016 8:46 pm
The alumni contact agrees to notify you upon the curator's return before you switch off.
Jun 21, 2016 8:48 pm
Mala comms mamba

slight hitch in the plan, they can't arrange a tour for a day or so. And I was really looking forward to wearing my new dress
Jun 21, 2016 10:59 pm
"Is that the teal one with the dark blue pattern and the hood?" Akhrirar asks before thinking and getting on topic. "I guess I could go check out around the area at night to see if anyone is trying to break in before then. I'll need an area that has a vantage point to see most of the entry points to break in from and at least one other spotter maybe to cover the other side. Come in when you're done, Personally I liked the purple long trench coat with the gun metal cargo pants and high heel boots." he states looking to bring up a map and waiting for Mala. He stops and cocks his head and looks at cold storage and blinks, "Fuzil, when you have a minute I have a technical question for you."
Jun 21, 2016 11:07 pm
we could just change plans and make the tour when we steal the cube. Acaatha might be able to sneak it out of there while I distract the curator.
Jun 21, 2016 11:09 pm
"Weren't you going to go with your spouse though?"
Last edited June 21, 2016 11:28 pm
Jun 21, 2016 11:24 pm
yes. we get in, she gets close to it, grabs it and we get out. easy
Jun 21, 2016 11:28 pm
"Doesn't that link your actual identity to the theft if things go sideways though? Also you smell that... No corn chips and there's only one beer in cold storage missing... Is Lin... Dead? Or Sick?" Akhrirar starts his second comment much quieter wondering if Fuzil can shed some light on the subject.
Jun 21, 2016 11:31 pm
Doesn't matter, it's not like I can ever go back to my old life Mala mutters
load next

Thread locked