[Interest Check] OSR One-Shot

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 28, 2021 9:20 pm
Yeeeah... I have no one to hold me to it, but the crippling fear of never using bought material tends to keep me from going overboard ^^~

But yeah, the advanced rules are all you need. It includes all the basic stuff with everything that was released as a supplement. So it makes for a great combo package for roughly $15
Dec 28, 2021 11:39 pm
WhtKnt says:
Interesting. I may have to check it out. I get my monthly allowance* for Drive-Thru RPG at the beginning of January. I can pick up the full ruleset and the added advanced material.

*My wife permits me $30/month for Drive-Thru RPG because if I were given free reign, I would own literally millions of PDFs that I will probably never use and we'd be broke. My collection of PDFs already numbers in the thousands.
Damn, I'd love to have an allowance like that lol.
Dec 29, 2021 6:11 am
I feel you!

Let me check something...

Yeah, 9400+ files and 45GB of RPG content. Oof. And I know there are people out there with substantially more.

Anyway, Necrotic Gnome offers the base OSE rules for free right here!
Dec 29, 2021 7:43 pm
I don't need anyone to permit me anything. I've got so me many other things to spend my money on and so little of it to go around that I just try not to spend it on gaming. Once or twice a year I may spend as much as $20 on something but I've already spent that this season. For instance what I pay for internet and television comes to $260 a month, telephone comes to $130, auto insurance is $210, gas and electric is $270 in the spring and fall. And house payment comes to more than all of that combined and doubled. I just came from the grocery store and spent nearly $200 there after spending $272 last week when I had a houseful of family. You see how it goes. Were it not for the 401k plan my wife invested heavily in while she was working we would be flat broke. Anyway, I will finish my Ranger using whatever rules I currently have access to and submit where ever you say I should and I see if it works.
Dec 30, 2021 2:28 am
I think folks are talking more about "budgeting" than actually "please may I" permission, but hey. Rationing the funds you have is a great idea. Thankfully, the RPG hobby is hugely affordable, and these days there are just tons of games available for free or very cheap.
Last edited December 30, 2021 7:09 am
Dec 30, 2021 5:46 am
Yes, I do mean budgeting. My wife is quite understanding and would have no issue with me spending more if I asked, but I voluntarily keep it to $30. We don't keep secrets from one another, and the bankbook is shared between us. She manages the money, but we both have free access to it.
Jan 5, 2022 6:50 am
Bumping to keep engagement up.
Jan 6, 2022 2:08 pm
I wouldn't mind giving this a try. How many players do you want in the game? Is the system going to be OSE?
Jan 7, 2022 5:17 am
I think at this point, it would be best to use OSE as the system. I was looking for about four as a minimum.
As far as it stands, I know two are one board, but I need to double check to see if one actually is and if the other wouldn't mind using the system.
Jan 7, 2022 8:48 am
I've never played a high-level crawl in BECMI/DnD so I'm quite intrigued by this opportunity. If you're still looking for players, you can count me in.
Jan 8, 2022 1:50 am
Most definitely. I've not either, but the idea just seemed so tantalizing.
Jan 8, 2022 3:05 am
I'm still here, and I'm still interested. I own OSE and am ready to go when the game launches.
Jan 10, 2022 10:48 pm
Okay, as a bit of a tally for interested people, I have: WhtKnt, Aldrusian, Phil_Ozzy_Fer and matmaisan.
Harrigan and nezzeraj have posted in the thread, but I'm unsure as to if they are actually interested parties, since they've just replied to things said in the thread.

I'll try to get a game up soon, possibly tonight even. With four players, we can certainly start with the prep work, but that does not mean the game will be closed to others interested in playing.

Keep an eye on your inboxes!
Jan 11, 2022 6:07 am
Gonna pass -- OSE isn't my game and my PbP cup already overfloweth. Have fun though!
Jan 12, 2022 6:39 pm
I finally found an old copy of the OSE rules that I had forgotten about. Unfortunately, they are the original rules and I assume that the game will be using the advanced rules. The original rules do not include a Ranger, only the 4 basic classes. Since I haven't heard anything against a Ranger I have to assume that the advanced rules allow for them. I just don't have the details. But I'm still interested in playing.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.