Jello I'm new to tabletop games!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 15, 2022 12:32 am
Heyo peeps! I hope you are all having an amazing day/night so far and thank you so much for popping to read my little intro! I don't really have too much to say but overall I have played rpgs and I love all of them, roleplay wise I have for a short bit and I sometimes can write half a page but sometimes I just want to write a few sentences. This is my second tabletop site I have joined and I have always wanted to get into things like end and what not but the numbers and the numbers large amounts of writing always overwhelms me but I have slowly been learning and it's all so interesting! About myself personally I a fresh egg straight out of high school Trans Dude who is into everything fantasy!
Take this as a token of my gratitude and as a wish to good days ahead for everyone!ヾ(❀╹◡╹)ノ゙❀~
Jan 15, 2022 12:54 am
Welcome, Wolfiedabs32!

Len

Jan 15, 2022 1:08 am
Welcome to the community, Wolfiedabs!
Jan 15, 2022 1:14 am
Welcome to GP, Wolfiedabs32!
Jan 15, 2022 1:24 am
Hello WD! And welcome~!
Jan 15, 2022 1:42 am
Be you welcome, Wolfiedabs32. Tons of fantasy gets played here, in many different stripes.

Are there any specific games you're looking to try?
Jan 15, 2022 2:17 am
Glad to have you!
Jan 15, 2022 2:43 am
Welcome to the hobby and the community, Wolfiedabs!
Jan 15, 2022 2:58 am
Welcome to GP Wolfiedabs! It’s a lot of fun here, and there’s no wordcount rule, so half a page or a sentence or so is all good here! Even in the same game!

Do you know what kinds of TTRPG systems you like? Do you have a favorite genre of fiction?
Last edited January 15, 2022 6:04 am
Jan 15, 2022 5:18 am
Qralloq says:
Be you welcome, Wolfiedabs32. Tons of fantasy gets played here, in many different stripes.

Are there any specific games you're looking to try?
Hello there! I don't really have a favorite rn but dnd has led me to this tho I barely know anything about. But I will go slow and try out different stuff bc there is quite a lot! Tysm!
Data says:
Welcome to GP Wolfdabs! It’s a lot of fun here, and there’s no wordcount rule, so half a page or a sentence or so is all good here! Even in the same game!

Do you know what kinds of TTRPG systems you like? Do you have a favorite genre of fiction?
There are loads of systems so I don't really know anything about any tabletops but the only one I kind of recognize is DnD (5e??) I think. But my all time favorite fiction is anything and everything Fantasy I have a character I play in normal roleplay that is a Four-Armed LionFolk Centaur who's main focus is magic he can manipulate plants and whatnot. But I would never be opposed to trying other things since there isn't anything bad that comes of it, I simply learn I don't favor it! Tysm!
Jan 15, 2022 6:17 am
A Four-Armed LionFolk Centaur sounds amazing, but you'd probably need to find a really lax DM to let you play anything like that in 5e (which is the newest (and currently most popular) edition of D&D).

It might work for a more relaxed kind of roleplaying or narrative driven system! The major difference between freeform written roleplay and TTRPG play-by-post is the dice rolling to determine outcomes - which, depending on the system can come with a lot of number crunching and tactics, or be mostly straightforward pass/fail or complication-based.

Depending on how much numbers overwhelm you, you might enjoy more rules-light systems that don't do too much number crunching. D&D 5e is kind of middle-of-the-road, where there IS some crunching, but depending on your Class is can be pretty minimal.

Thinking about what most interests you about roleplaying might help narrow systems down! What part of D&D seems especially interesting: the social roleplaying (writing out your characters interactions/relationships with others), exploration of the world, combat/abilities?
Jan 15, 2022 6:37 am
Welcome, Wolfie!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 15, 2022 7:03 am
Welcome to the party!
Jan 15, 2022 2:04 pm
Data says:
A Four-Armed LionFolk Centaur sounds amazing, but you'd probably need to find a really lax DM to let you play anything like that in 5e (which is the newest (and currently most popular) edition of D&D).

It might work for a more relaxed kind of roleplaying or narrative driven system! The major difference between freeform written roleplay and TTRPG play-by-post is the dice rolling to determine outcomes - which, depending on the system can come with a lot of number crunching and tactics, or be mostly straightforward pass/fail or complication-based.

Depending on how much numbers overwhelm you, you might enjoy more rules-light systems that don't do too much number crunching. D&D 5e is kind of middle-of-the-road, where there IS some crunching, but depending on your Class is can be pretty minimal.

Thinking about what most interests you about roleplaying might help narrow systems down! What part of D&D seems especially interesting: the social roleplaying (writing out your characters interactions/relationships with others), exploration of the world, combat/abilities?
Ah ok that makes sense! The numbers part is what really kinda scared me from trying any of this bc I am slow at doing math so I am always afraid that if I were to do face-to-face Tabletop I would slow everyone down. But the parts about dnd that interest me would probably be the exploration and the social roleplay, combat also interests me but it seems like a lot more as in I think that's where most of the number crunching process comes in. But I wouldn't be appalled at the idea of trying it.
Jan 15, 2022 2:07 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Wolfie!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Tysm! I have already started reading all of the beginners guides ( noobs Bible as I say) and I made sure to sign up for the game yesterday and I am now just waiting on approval! They most definitely help and I am. About halfway thru them, but I am super happy to be here you all seem so amazing!
Jan 15, 2022 2:15 pm
Wolfiedabs32 says:
... The numbers part is what really kinda scared me from trying any of this bc I am slow at doing math so I am always afraid that if I were to do face-to-face Tabletop I would slow everyone down ...
You are not alone in that. Many players rely on their fellows at the table to do the math for them.
Jan 15, 2022 2:34 pm
Quote:
Tysm! I have already started reading all of the beginners guides ( noobs Bible as I say) and I made sure to sign up for the game yesterday and I am now just waiting on approval! They most definitely help and I am. About halfway thru them, but I am super happy to be here you all seem so amazing!
Darn it. I missed your application so far. I'm not on the front page every day so thanks for reminding me. I'll let you in in a second
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.