The Gods Speak...

load previous
Jan 21, 2022 7:46 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Quote:
Have they noticed me?
Will they let me pass, onward to the shadow mother... and tears?
Anyone should answer.
The ghosts have noticed you but do not hinder you. They sing a plaintive lament. And you realize the hyenas are conduits; their songs are echoes from this shadow realm.
Quoting the last question is a good idea Jabes. It stops us (by which, I mean me) from getting confused.
Last edited January 21, 2022 7:46 am
Jan 21, 2022 8:35 am
Yeah I highly recommend anyone who answers to quote the question.

This is fun!
Jan 21, 2022 3:07 pm
The gods have spoken.
Jan 21, 2022 3:25 pm
Adam says:
Quoting the last question is a good idea Jabes. It stops us (by which, I mean me) from getting confused.
Yes. The linking between the threads, and therefore between the questions and answers is a little loose. I have done a few links to the question thread, but can not --without editing-- link to the answer. I have not found a neat way to link from here to the answer.

Currently readers need to sync things by tracking the timestamps. We can experiment with other ways.

Should I copy the questions to this thread each time? I considered it at first.
Jan 21, 2022 3:30 pm
Dunno. But you've certainly inspired us on discord to experiment. I think I might try it with just one game thread (for both the GMs and the player).
Jan 21, 2022 3:36 pm
Adam says:
... might try it with just one game thread (for both the GMs and the player).
That is often how it was played. It was designed for G+ (and even has rules related to that platform). Often all was mixed in together, but it could get messy if there were lots of replies between posts.

At the rate of posting in this thread it would not have been a problem.

I will try all in one for the next one.
Jan 21, 2022 4:00 pm
Quote:
Is this the City of Gulls?
Have I reached the end?
This plane of the dead has no end but it has an edge, and like a quill coming to the boundary of parchment, you cross over to the other side.
Jan 21, 2022 4:04 pm
OOC:
This game is like a strange, dream-like, surreal fairy tale. I like it. I wonder if they'll all end up like this.
Jan 21, 2022 4:13 pm
Adam says:
OOC:
This game is like a strange, dream-like, surreal fairy tale. I like it. I wonder if they'll all end up like this.
OOC:
With many voices clamouring to be heard, it can get a bit surreal. Not all sequiturs are apropos, but --unless deliberately disruptive-- I am bound to take what I am given.

This one went on longer than I expected --though not longer than 'normal'. Games can often be very short.

These gods have been comparatively merciful. :)
Jan 21, 2022 4:16 pm
OOC:
And I have not even used any dice yet! :)
Jan 21, 2022 4:18 pm
The Hyenas:

Do they support me?
Do they accept me?
Am, now, I one of them?
Anyone should answer.
Jan 21, 2022 4:33 pm
The hyenas lick the recondensing sweat from your face. Sweat - the tears of the sun. They accept you, and you shall be part of the tribe once they have digested your flesh.
Jan 21, 2022 4:41 pm
That sounds pretty terminal. So be it.
Jan 21, 2022 4:43 pm
That was fun. Thanks all.
Let's do it again?
Jan 21, 2022 4:59 pm
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Jan 21, 2022 5:12 pm
That was great!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.