Do you ever analyze your character list?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 6, 2022 1:21 am
FlyingSucculent says:

Also, I love your character names. Especially Taizo - makes me want to know about them for some reason? Many words and not very moral, what's not to love.
Taizo's the least eligible heir to the Minamoto conglomerate family, and is generally a spoiled and reckless brat of a rich teen who happens to be a exosuit wearing ninja. He really, really wants to climb up the ladder, hence the "whatever it takes" morality, but also has his more youthful moments. Also has a tragic backstory that never explicitly came up in the game even though it informed the nature of almost all of his actions. Fun character overall.
Feb 6, 2022 5:43 pm
I think it is telling that I usually play an active and extrovert character. It is mostly the kind that push the story forward

https://i.imgur.com/eG7Yxnj.png
Last edited February 6, 2022 5:45 pm
Feb 6, 2022 8:04 pm
saevikas says:
Taizo's the least eligible heir to the Minamoto conglomerate family, and is generally a spoiled and reckless brat of a rich teen who happens to be a exosuit wearing ninja. He really, really wants to climb up the ladder, hence the "whatever it takes" morality, but also has his more youthful moments. Also has a tragic backstory that never explicitly came up in the game even though it informed the nature of almost all of his actions. Fun character overall.
Of course he wants to climb up the ladder - he's a ninja! :P
But really, he sounds like a very fun character to interact with. And gotta love a good backstory that actually makes impact on the present, that's hard to pull. Did he ever manage to prove himself in the end?
runekyndig says:
I think it is telling that I usually play an active and extrovert character. It is mostly the kind that push the story forward
That's some nice statistics! And I can't help but be curious about the names of Wiki, Rain On Dry Stone and Harmony-565. XD (Also hi Cathy!) Oh, and Galahad, I think it's the first time I've seen an Arthurian reference on this site.
How come Wash is such an outlier? :D
Feb 7, 2022 5:34 am
Quote:
Did he ever manage to prove himself in the end?
Hahaha, no. He got his pinky cut off and not much to show for it except for the friends he made along the way. Honestly, should've placed him way lower on the chart. But Taizo Minamoto's still working at it, unperturbed.
Feb 20, 2022 3:47 pm
I don't even have to look too deep into my character list to know that i have a very prevalent theme in my characters: big, strong, but highly insecure melee cleric who fails at everything and (usually) wields a big warhammer. I am playing two currently, Okto the Frozen Tusk in Adam's IDRotF game and Ezra in one of Falconloft's 13th Age games, with another 2 characters either in games on GP that have gone inactive or in IRL games. My luck with GP dice rolling is so bad that I have begun incorporating it into my characters lmao
Last edited February 20, 2022 3:48 pm
Feb 22, 2022 9:08 am
aquafina says:
big, strong, but highly insecure melee cleric who fails at everything and (usually) wields a big warhammer.
But do they really fail, or is it actually an elaborate karmic ploy for them to store up luck until the decisive moment?..
Big strong who is an absolute teddy bear inside is one of my favorite archetypes in media. They sound lovely. C:
Feb 22, 2022 10:27 am
FlyingSucculent says:

runekyndig says:
That's some nice statistics! And I can't help but be curious about the names of Wiki, Rain On Dry Stone and Harmony-565. XD (Also hi Cathy!) Oh, and Galahad, I think it's the first time I've seen an Arthurian reference on this site.
How come Wash is such an outlier? :D
Thx - I am a dataanalyst, so I had a bit of fun

Wiki: is from a World of darkness, Mage (techno mage)
Rain On Dry Stone: is from World of darkness, werewolf (wolf born)
Harmony-565: is from Starfinder, and android

Wash: is from a D&D game where we all played cat people, (tabaxi) and I tried a more cautious character
Feb 23, 2022 11:32 am
Wow, skittish cat person sounds like a very fun character to play!
...Now I wonder if there are any rabbit people somewhere in the TTRPG ocean. There probably are... XD
Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
Wow, skittish cat person sounds like a very fun character to play!
...Now I wonder if there are any rabbit people somewhere in the TTRPG ocean. There probably are... XD
Harengone From The Wild Beyond The Witchlight D&D 5e
Feb 23, 2022 3:34 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:

Harengone From The Wild Beyond The Witchlight D&D 5e
Oooh, thanks! Now I know what to make my next DnD character. :D
Feb 23, 2022 7:57 pm
Quote:
But do they really fail, or is it actually an elaborate karmic ploy for them to store up luck until the decisive moment?..
I hope so, but that climactic moment hasn't quite happened yet lol

You do not have permission to post in this thread.