Hello I an new to table top RPGs

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous

Len

Feb 9, 2022 1:54 am
Welcome, Stampman!
Feb 9, 2022 3:46 am
Welcome to GP, Stampman49, and both the table top and play-by-post version of the hobby!
Feb 9, 2022 3:54 am
Welcome to the Gamersplane Stampman! Glad to have you join us here!
Stampman49 says:
I would like an sci Fi environment if one exists.
West End's Star Wars is pretty easy to learn. It was the original RPG system for Star Wars back in the 80's, and the system still holds up pretty well after all these years. I played it once years ago and I remember having fun with it. It's out of print, but you could find a copy on ebay for about 20 bucks.
Feb 9, 2022 8:04 am
sunnyVoid says:
West End's Star Wars is pretty easy to learn. It was the original RPG system for Star Wars ...
West End Games' Star Wars (d6) is not bad, even now. But it is starting to feel like a 30 year old game.
sunnyVoid says:
It's out of print, but you could find a copy on ebay for about 20 bucks.
If you are happy with PDFs the free REUP version cleans up the rules and layout a bit but does not change the rules.

I would consider it a valuable resource and reference to use in addition to a lighter set of rules. When they expanded the universe, and needed to name the various alien races, Lucas used WEG's game as the basis... or so the story goes. :)
Feb 9, 2022 5:01 pm
Hello! I'm sure you'll have no shortage of suggestions, but for my part, I'd suggest a simple OSR game. You can find the rules for those available online for free (legally!) PDFs. See what you think with minimal investment, and lots of people play those games.
Feb 9, 2022 6:35 pm
Everyone is so mature and all around here.

šŸ‹come! :D
Feb 10, 2022 3:03 am
Welcome! Iā€™m new here, too. Youā€™re not alone in getting the hang of things.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.