Hello everyone!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 8, 2022 2:46 pm
I'm new to PbF but not to RPG's. I've mostly played D&D 5e with local friends but we ran a little Pathfinder 1e when we first started out. I also played some GURPS and Atomic Highway while I was in college.

I haven't played any other systems but I do have some books for GENESYS and Star Wars RPG (FFG) that I find fascinating. I think the narrative dice system is super cool!

Once I figure out the website, I'd love to get in a few games.

I'm interested in quite a few genres of games like Fantasy, SciFi (Hardness about the level of the Mass Effect series and softer), Alternate History, Space Opera, Dystopian, and I'm open to others that I may not be as familiar with.
Feb 8, 2022 2:49 pm
Welcome to the community, RAAMtentacles!
Walcome RAAMtentacles!
Hello and welcome!!
Feb 8, 2022 2:52 pm
Welcome to GP!
Feb 8, 2022 2:57 pm
Welcome! What brings you to PbP/PbF in general, or to GamersPlane in particular?
Feb 8, 2022 2:58 pm
Salutations!
Feb 8, 2022 3:01 pm
Welcome, RAAMtentacles!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 8, 2022 4:02 pm
Thanks everyone for warm welcome!
Ezz. says:
Welcome! What brings you to PbP/PbF in general, or to GamersPlane in particular?
As for PbP/PbF I started on RPG Geek a few years ago reading some forums and I put my hat in on a large PbF group. I chickened out before my name came up on the list though and left the site for a few years. I recently came back over there to actually play some this time (I haven't found myself in a game yet though).

Reading the posts did inspire me to suggest a similar format to my local group, as we were having scheduling issues getting together. That has turned out to be a huge success.

What brought me to GamersPlane was the recommendation of another RPG Geek user. I was looking for a SWRPG game and they recommended this site for potential availability as well as good play and friendly people.
Last edited February 9, 2022 3:00 am
Feb 8, 2022 4:11 pm
RAAMtentacles says:
I was looking for a SWRPG game and they recommended this site for potential availability as well as good play and friendly people.
I've heard that our community is what keeps a lot of people here after they try other places. We're happy to have another member :)

Hop into the Discord if you want to chat about inane subjects unrelated to anything in particular :P
Last edited February 8, 2022 4:12 pm
Feb 8, 2022 4:41 pm
Welcome aboard! "Good play and friendly people" is a pretty good description of what I’ve experienced in the last month or so, so hey, this might work out!
Feb 8, 2022 4:53 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 8, 2022 5:52 pm
Welcome!
Feb 8, 2022 5:57 pm
Welcome, RAAMtentacles! I've just had a player drop out of my Star Wars game here. It's not a standard Star Wars story, mind you; we're playing hardboiled, noir detectives in the Star Wars galaxy. But if you're interested, send me a PM and we can go over the particulars.
Last edited February 8, 2022 5:57 pm
Feb 9, 2022 12:22 am
Welcome!
Feb 9, 2022 12:32 am
Welcome Aboard!

Len

Feb 9, 2022 1:55 am
Welcome, RAAMTentacles!
Feb 9, 2022 3:49 am
Welcome to GP, RAAMtentacles!
Feb 9, 2022 1:47 pm
Welcome!
Feb 9, 2022 4:58 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 9, 2022 6:36 pm
Arrr! 🐋 come aboard mate!
Feb 10, 2022 3:05 am
Welcome RAAMtentacles!
Last edited February 10, 2022 3:05 am
Feb 10, 2022 3:40 am
Welcome. The Star Wars players seem like a really friendly crew, although I'm not sure how often SW games come around. But if you're prepared to be open to other systems then it doesn't usually take too long to find a game.
Feb 23, 2022 11:38 am
Hey RAAMtentacles,

I see you're still around, but not in any games at the moment. Do you need a hand finding a game?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.