Ask Me Anything: DarK_RaideR

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 16, 2022 4:51 pm
What your favorite, and least favorite thing about owning cats?
Do you have a favorite movie or book about food/cooking?
What does pop culture often get wrong about your actual culture?
Feb 17, 2022 7:58 am
C1NDER says:
Any tips on often over-looked or under-appreciated places to visit for a first time history fan in Greece? Anywhere that's the opposite - very overrated or should be avoided?
- The Acropolis in Athens is a classic, well worth it as is its museum. What's usually underrated is the incline and heat from the sun, prepare for those and look for a combo ticket for both.
- Not sure of its status, but Delphi is a great option. Weird energy, great landscape and a nice museum.
- I'd say ancient Olympia and Ancient Sparta are overrated, not much of interest to see there
- If you find yourself in Crete, the Minoan palace of Knossos is still pretty nice but don't miss the city's archaeological museum. The big cities also have a lot of stuff left from the medieval occupation by the Venetians.
- Up in the North, I'd say go to Vergina and the tombs of the Macedonian kings.
crazybirdman says:
What your favorite, and least favorite thing about owning cats?
Not sure "own" is the right verb and if it is, it's cats that own us. I love the fact that regardless of age, cats are always inquisitive little clowns that'll make you laugh. Least favourite is probably the cat hair, but it comes with the territory.
crazybirdman says:
Do you have a favorite movie or book about food/cooking?
I have a few websites I pluck recipes from, but can't really say I have a favourite book or movie. Maybe "A touch of spice"? (IMDB link won't work for some reason)
crazybirdman says:
What does pop culture often get wrong about your actual culture?
That we're all care free and fun loving (damn you for that, Zorba the Greek). Also that we're all super welcoming and hospitable (it's only those faking it to swerve tourists out of their money).
Feb 17, 2022 9:19 am
I've studied photos of the archaeological site at Knossos, I didn't realize it was open to the public though - that would be amazing.
Feb 17, 2022 11:21 am
Quote:
That we're all care free and fun loving (damn you for that, Zorba the Greek). Also that we're all super welcoming and hospitable (it's only those faking it to swerve tourists out of their money).
Haha I have a friend who tries to convince me to come to Greece and his arguments always include how hospitable the country is...now I will say it's all lies!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.