Feb 17, 2022 11:26 pm
OOC:
Wow! I wrote the post, but forgot the roll...lol

Rolls

Athletics, Wild - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (4) = 4

Feb 17, 2022 11:34 pm
Logan reaches Cody at the house among the trees, just as Cody picks the lock and opens the door. Both boys enter the enclosed porch. They feel instantly relieved to have a roof over their heads. They turn around in wait of their friends, hearing the approaching barking of the dogs.

https://i.imgur.com/MavOQwh.png

<<[house-Cody,Log] [.][.][.][.][.]
<<[.] [Ali][Ala][dog3][dog2,dog1][.]
<<[.] [.][.][.][.][.]
OOC:
-Alice
-dogs
-Cody
-Logan

-Alana

Alana is up
Feb 17, 2022 11:38 pm
OOC:
to give you an idea of the single-storey house size (although they stlll cannot see the rooms inside):
[ +- ] overall house view
Feb 18, 2022 12:29 am
Al pullls her hand back when the dog snaps at it. "Good puppy," she insists, reaching out again in an attempt to pet it, though now gulping nervously. If it makes another sign of attack, she'll run as well.

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d8-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d8-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

1d6-1 : (4) - 1 = 3

Benny - (1d8-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d8-1 : (87) - 1 = 14

1d6-1 : (3) - 1 = 2

Dog 3

Dr_B

Feb 18, 2022 7:35 am
Dog 3

The dog carries on approaching Alana...
OOC:
rolling, it was Uncooperative.

Roll 14, vs 4: 4s 8r1 12r2, three steps.

Hostile
Unfriendly
Uncooperative
Neutral
Cooperative
>Friendly<
Helpful
The dog seems to react to Alana's gesture, it barks confused and even makes a half hearted attempt at a wag of its tail. Then sniffs the air and deviates its trajectory, getting back to chase the other kids and ignoring Alana.
OOC:
the dog will stop chasing Alana but has other intruders to go after

Rolls

Spirit - (1d6, RA)

(4) = 4

Feb 18, 2022 7:50 am
<<[house-Cody,Log] [.][.][.][.][.]
<<[.] [Ali][Ala][dog3][dog2,dog1][.]
<<[.] [.][.][.][.][.]
OOC:
New cards...

Deck Draws

Logan, Cody, Alice, Alana, dogs
3 of Spades
Queen of Spades
5 of Diamonds
6 of Diamonds
5 of Spades
Feb 18, 2022 7:52 am
OOC:
-Cody
-Alana
-dogs
-Alice
-Logan
Feb 18, 2022 8:00 am
Cody looks at the enclosed porch they are in, and sees the front door of the house. He starts knocking and calling.
"Hey! Anyone in there?" he tries to open, not hearing any answer. He knocks again, louder.

He hesitates then goes back next to Logan looking outside and readying himself to lock the porch door as soon as Alice and Alana are inside.
OOC:
we will shortcut, one successful roll each will get both girls to the house. Doesn't look like the dogs can catch up. Let's have both Alana and Alice rolls now, please
Feb 18, 2022 8:08 am
"No, silly dog!", Al calls after it as it leaves. She then returns to her task of getting to the house.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (64) = 10

Feb 18, 2022 9:27 am
Alana reaches the house.

https://i.imgur.com/tdt1b94.png

They look out and shout encouragements to Alice, the only one left outside.

Cody Brewster

"Come on!! You can do it!"
Feb 18, 2022 12:02 pm
OOC:

It is the dogs go right?

Also did Alice draw a 5?
Feb 18, 2022 12:39 pm
OOC:
we are skipping initiative as a shortcut, you can just roll
https://i.imgur.com/P4cYDFc.png
Feb 18, 2022 1:00 pm
OOC:
Oops Missed that, sorry!!
Alice wonders how it comes that she is the last one out... worried by being alone with some scary dogs... and worried even more that she has been the slowest of the kids, she sprints to the house.

Rolls

Athletics* - (1d10, 1d6, RA)

1d10 : (7) = 7

1d6 : (1) = 1

Feb 18, 2022 1:28 pm
Alice makes it to the house, and they close and lock the door behind them.
It's been one bad turn of luck after the other, since they met Chet and his bullies, and this is the first moment they can catch their breath.

They step away from the porch door and windows, as the dogs eventually catch up and start snarling and growling in a frenzied rage just outside. The hunters can hear them scratching at the door and bumping against it.

https://i.imgur.com/ptWVbLC.png

They look around. Some wicker chairs. Some old furniture. Pots of all sizes with dead plants. The house front door is on the north wall.

Cody Brewster
"That's locked," he comments. "I guess I should try open it. We're not gonna get out through those puppies anytime soon... what do you say?"
Feb 18, 2022 1:32 pm
Go ahead, we need to get away from the dogs. There's no telling how long they'll wait there. Hopefully we can find a phone or even better a back door. Logan says as they catch their breath.
Last edited February 18, 2022 1:32 pm
Feb 18, 2022 1:45 pm
"Get out?", Al asks in total surprise. "Why would you want to get out? Look around. We're in a spooky house! If we're going to find more ghosts anywhere, it's here! Let's look around while we're here. Or are you scared?"
Feb 18, 2022 2:04 pm
"Er... I'll pass on more ghosts," he says, getting to work on the lock with his swiss army knife.

As he works, he tells Alice "I'm Cody, by the way. Crazy hair is Alana, and the handsome one's Logan."

Rolls

Thievery+1 - (1d6+1, 1d6+1, RA)

1d6+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

1d6+1 : (5) + 1 = 6

Feb 18, 2022 2:30 pm
"It's Al," Al says. "I don't know why everyone insists on Alana if Al sounds so much more fun. And it's also shorter. You can say it three times in the time it takes you to say Alana once. Al Al Al!"
Last edited February 18, 2022 2:31 pm
Feb 18, 2022 2:38 pm
Alice takes a breather for a moment. Leaning with one hand against the wall. She is looking around at you all.

"Cody, Logan, Al Al Al" she gives everyone a smile and a nod. "Well met. I am Alice. What did you do to those guys that they are so intent on killing you? And why do you sound so hopeful on finding ghosts?"
load next

Thread locked