Hey

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 6, 2022 8:16 am
Hey everyone

Been running 5e for a few years now but only managed to play sin a couple of one shots. Not played any other systems but I'd be willing/interested to learn. Not done much pbp but it seems like s good way to play what with having time to get a group together regularly being a nightmare.

Saw this place mentioned on reddit so I'm hoping I can find a game to join, probably something 5e to start off with to learn how pbp works best then branch out once I'm comfortable.

I'm based in the UK so GMT timezone and currently run a campaign of Icewind Dale over discord voice on a Thursday evening.

~ Balgan
Mar 6, 2022 8:25 am
🐋come aboard mate! Make yourself comfortable.

What non-5e systems had caught your eye?
Mar 6, 2022 8:33 am
Welcome to the community, @balgan144! Would you mind linking to the reddit thread where you saw GP mentioned? Just curious. :-)
Mar 6, 2022 8:45 am
Welcome, balgan!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 6, 2022 9:00 am
Thanks for the welcome
Antiproduct says:
🐋come aboard mate! Make yourself comfortable.

What non-5e systems had caught your eye?
Call of cuthulu looks interesting and maybe monster of the week but not really done much research yet.
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Welcome to the community, @balgan144! Would you mind linking to the reddit thread where you saw GP mentioned? Just curious. :-)
Sure it was here

I'll have a read and a look around for a game
Mar 6, 2022 9:38 am
balgan144 says:
... maybe monster of the week ...
Lots of new players are mentioning Monster of the Week. It seem like I should start a 'newbie game' of that system.

Are those mainly the genres you are interested in?
Mar 6, 2022 9:51 am
Welcome Aboard!
Mar 6, 2022 10:00 am
vagueGM says:
balgan144 says:
Lots of new players are mentioning Monster of the Week. It seem like I should start a 'newbie game' of that system.

To be honest I haven't had much experience outside of dnd5e so I don't really know what I'll enjoy. I'm normally pretty chilled out and willing to try new stuff so I'll just keep an eye out and take recommendations.
Mar 6, 2022 10:25 am
balgan144 says:
vagueGM says:
balgan144 says:

To be honest I haven't had much experience outside of dnd5e so I don't really know what I'll enjoy. I'm normally pretty chilled out and willing to try new stuff so I'll just keep an eye out and take recommendations.
You remind me of myself, minus the 5e experience. (I came here a total noob)
My suggestion to you is simply go for it. Whatever picks your interest; if it works for you, it's a win.
Mar 6, 2022 10:28 am
Welcome to GP!
Mar 6, 2022 10:34 am
balgan144 says:
To be honest I haven't had much experience outside of dnd5e so I don't really know what I'll enjoy.
What sorts of books, movies, TV shows, or whatever do you enjoy? There are games for, pretty much, all tastes.

But just lurking and sampling things that look interesting is good way to start.
Mar 6, 2022 12:35 pm
vagueGM says:

...What sorts of books, movies, TV shows, or whatever do you enjoy? There are games for, pretty much, all tastes...
Used to read alot of fantasy stuff sabriel series, LoTR, eragon, the raven books. But recently it's more crime stuff peter James etc
Mar 6, 2022 3:49 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 6, 2022 5:18 pm
Welcome to the community, balgan144!
Mar 6, 2022 5:59 pm
Welcome!
Mar 6, 2022 6:30 pm
Welcome, balgan144, hope you find some great games to try. Lots of D&D5e gets played here

Len

Mar 7, 2022 2:07 am
Welcome, balgan144!
Mar 9, 2022 2:07 am
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.