Hello again!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 12, 2022 1:36 pm
This is sort of a re-introduction. I disappeared suddenly a while back, but now I'm hoping to make a slow return. When I left, I attributed it to life overwhelming me, which was true, but it turns out bigger things were afoot than even I was aware. Recently I suffered a mild heart attack, followed by a not-so-mild open heart surgery. With weeks of recovery ahead, I thought maybe I'd drop back in here and pick up a game or two.

I won't be returning to all the games I was previously involved in. I want to keep my commitments small. And I don't plan to pick back up the game I was running at this time. But I do hope to get into one or two games to help pass the time.

So, hello again! Also, take care of your health, everyone. You never know what's lurking under the surface like a sleeping Lovecraftian horror.
Mar 12, 2022 1:51 pm
Welcome back and I hope you make a complete recovery!
Mar 12, 2022 1:52 pm
Welcome back, timplausible. I dont think we've ever played together but I do recognize your name (and of course that avatar!)

All the best for your recovery, and I hope GP can make that time easier and more enjoyable
Mar 12, 2022 2:52 pm
Welcome Back!
Mar 12, 2022 2:54 pm
Mild heart attacks that warn us before things get even worse are something of a blessing. :)

Welcome back.
Mar 12, 2022 3:05 pm
vagueGM says:
Mild heart attacks that warn us before things get even worse are something of a blessing. :)
Agreed. If this had happened 10 or 20 years from now, it could have been much worse. Now I've got a new lease on life that I didn't even know I needed.
Mar 12, 2022 3:20 pm
What kind of game are you looking for during your mandated bed rest?
Mar 12, 2022 3:40 pm
Glad to see you back.
Mar 12, 2022 4:19 pm
Qralloq says:
What kind of game are you looking for during your mandated bed rest?
I'm not sure. Weirdly, I feel like I want to start fresh rather than going back to one of my old games. No shade to those games at all - they are some awesome GMs running incredible games. It's just an irrational desire.

As for type of game - I think I'm looking for a game concept that grabs me more than a specific ruleset or setting. Which is maybe a long-winded way of saying "I don't know". Historically, I gravitate towards D&D, Star Wars, and PbtA.
Mar 14, 2022 12:05 am
One of us... One of us...
Mar 14, 2022 12:18 am
welcome back and all the best for your health
Mar 14, 2022 4:45 pm
It's good to have you back, @timplausible! I hope for your continued recovery, and that you find some good games that fit your needs right now. Best of luck!

Len

Mar 17, 2022 5:04 am
Welcome back!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.