[Interest Check] 2400 RPG - Galaxy Trucker

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Closed2400 RPGPublic3 / weekScrol
You are crewmembers of the old and derelict space freighter 'Lucky Chance', en route to 'Stellar Foundry 5013' with a shipment of raw metals.

The journey so far has been exactly the opposite of pleasant. The environmental controls are malfunctioning and therefore you can heat the ship only barely above freezing temperature
The hallway doors only open halfway for some reason so that any traversal of the ship requires you to squeeze through them. One crewmember even had to hunger for three days before he could fit through
And at last a mysterious fungal growth is constantly spreading on your hull so that you have to stop your journeys in regular intervals to clean it off the engines and critical parts

Just as you finished a cleaning procedure, while the ship orbited a white dwarf, some ships begin to appear on the radar of the 'Lucky Chance'. Your captain tries to hail them but they don't react. That's not looking good...

Mar 21, 2022 10:16 pm
Hey there,
I just bought the 2400 RPG bundle and I'm itching to try it out.

My plan is to start a small campaign, play through a few jobs and then gather feedback. If successful I may run a bigger campaign

The campaign would begin with you all on an old space freighter that is currently attacked by pirates. So your first job would be to drive off the pirates.

The homepage of the 2400 system is here. You can also download the basic rules there.

The TL;DR is:
-2400 is a collection of several smaller modules that can be slotted together or played in isolation. Each module is just three pages long
-The basic resolution mechanic is that you roll your skill dice and try to reach a result of 5+. Your basic skill die is a d6 and can be upgraded to a d8, d10 and d12 at last. Upgrades are earned after each job. Failing a skill test can also mean that you still succeed but with a cost
-Character creation is done pretty quickly and characters can die pretty quickly as well. I plan to include to have a realistic chance of death but I won't aim to kill PCs

I'd start a game if 4 or more people show interest.
Mar 21, 2022 10:35 pm
Hey, I'm in for 2400! Funny there is interest check at the forum for both 2400 and CBR+PNK at the same time, they are two games I got just because I loved their design and minimalism, and I wonder if I'll ever find other people interested to play them. Count me in please.
Mar 21, 2022 11:02 pm
2400 is a great game, I've run many successful oneshots and a short campaign with it.

It's nice seeing it getting some well deserved love!

If my experience is any indication, you'll have a great time with it as well!

Sadly, I won't be able to participate, but only to share my enthusiasm for the proposition.
Mar 22, 2022 2:22 am
I'd love to play! I already had the 2400 bundle. Great set of mechanics for PbP games!
Mar 22, 2022 8:16 pm
You know, if you re-posted this to read either 'Firefly (using the 2400 RPG)' or 'The Expanse (using the 2400 RPG)' I bet you'd get more interest given those popular IPs (and, although planet names might change, they'd play basically the same).

:-)
Last edited March 22, 2022 8:16 pm
Mar 22, 2022 8:27 pm
You might also consider cross-posting to the 2400 Discord (I can do that if you like). There are some PbP folks on that forum.
Mar 22, 2022 10:57 pm
Cool! Two interested players. Hopefully we'll find two more.
the_cava says:
2400 is a great game, I've run many successful oneshots and a short campaign with it.

It's nice seeing it getting some well deserved love!

If my experience is any indication, you'll have a great time with it as well!

Sadly, I won't be able to participate, but only to share my enthusiasm for the proposition.
Oh cool glad to hear that. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I'll find enough players.
stanshinn says:
You know, if you re-posted this to read either 'Firefly (using the 2400 RPG)' or 'The Expanse (using the 2400 RPG)' I bet you'd get more interest given those popular IPs (and, although planet names might change, they'd play basically the same).

:-)
Hmmm... maybe I'll try that if I don't find enough players. I have to think about which existing universe I'd be most comfortable to run o.O
stanshinn says:
You might also consider cross-posting to the 2400 Discord (I can do that if you like). There are some PbP folks on that forum.
That's a great idea. Just did that.
Mar 22, 2022 11:54 pm
Hey! Just came over from 24xx-cord. Thanks for letting us all know about this place!

I'm interested in being a Space Trucker.
Mar 23, 2022 5:54 am
I'll be interested also! I've also got it from the bundle, and it really caught my attention. I'd love to be able to try it.
Mar 23, 2022 12:25 pm
Great! We are four players!
I'll set up the game when I come home from work.
If anyone else wants to join they are more than welcome as well
Mar 23, 2022 6:41 pm
I'm glad this is going ahead. Love to see systems like this getting attention
Mar 23, 2022 10:56 pm
Okay I've set up the game. Here's the link...

@tibbius If you need any guidance in setting up your character just let me know.

If anyone wants to hop in while the game is running just post here.
Mar 28, 2022 3:44 pm
Hi Scrol! Any free spot for one more player ;) ?
Last edited March 28, 2022 3:44 pm
Mar 28, 2022 6:27 pm
Hey there! Sure thing, the more the merrier ;)
Sent you an invite. Make your character and I'll introduce you in as soon as possible
Mar 28, 2022 9:08 pm
I'm new, but I'm already lovin' the site. I'm in if you still have room!
Mar 28, 2022 9:29 pm
No problem. The system is new for me too so hopefully we'll both learn.
Sending you an invite
Sep 2, 2022 11:57 pm
Super interested to see what rules @Scrol picks next! Our options are thriller, mystery, or surreal. I have guesses which 2400 games correspond to each of those themes, but ... really curious to see what we get.
Sep 3, 2022 12:01 am
tibbius says:
Super interested to see what rules @Scrol picks next! Our options are thriller, mystery, or surreal. I have guesses which 2400 games correspond to each of those themes, but ... really curious to see what we get.
To add. We currently have 4 players and the game is running quite well. The game is public if you want to see what we did until now.
I'm about to slot in new rules for the next part of our adventure and we are looking for 1-2 new players if anyone is interested
Sep 5, 2022 12:38 pm
So I presume you are hiring?
I think that you may have some unwelcome guest in the shuttle cargo bay... one of refugees? Or is him someone else? Let's find out that ourselves...
It seems he is some kind of young engineering prodigy, is he?
So what do you think? Will you take me on board? Even unwillingly?
OOC:
I have read your last adventure. I like your style:) As you can see I have some ideas for new character for you campaign. But have to think about it some more. But maybe you will already add me to the campaign?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.