[Interest Check] 2400 RPG - Galaxy Trucker

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Sep 5, 2022 6:38 pm
Works for me ;)
Sent you an invite
Sep 20, 2022 1:48 pm
There are still spots open in case anyone else wants to join in.
And narratively it would fit nicely now
Oct 6, 2022 3:41 pm
I am curious to read more! How many players are there now?
Oct 6, 2022 4:55 pm
Acker (dunko), Ethan (Pedrop), Lando (bdciopp), and Jettison (me)
Oct 6, 2022 10:29 pm
tibbius says:
Acker (dunko), Ethan (Pedrop), Lando (bdciopp), and Jettison (me)
Thanks for answering that fast ;)

To add to this: Currently the crew consists of a pilot, soldier, doctor and an engineer.
I'm ready to work with you on whatever character concept you have in mind.
Oct 7, 2022 3:55 am
Can you give me a brief rundown on where things are in-game? Like a "Previously on..." recap?
Oct 7, 2022 11:04 am
So until now we've done 3 missions:
In mission 1 the crew of the Lucky Chance (the ship where the story takes place) was making a break when they were attacked by an unknown ship. They didn't know that the unknown ship contained two scrappers plundering remains of a space battle and that they activated it by accident. They were able to sort the situation out without destroying either ship, the two scrappers joined the crew and the ship now serves as the shuttle of the Lucky Chance

Mission 2: The crew is looking for the missing ship of a cargo company. They found it and apparently some kind of AI took it over. Presented with the choice of dealing with this AI and therefore getting a bonus or just reporting the location, the crew chose the latter

Mission 3: The mission was to deliver humanitarian aid to a war torn planet. The mission was successful but on the way back the crew discovered that someone (new player) snuck onboard while they delivered the goods.

Now the crew is heading back. I plan to introduce a few new rules to the game and add a bit of an 'The X-Files' vibe to the game.
Oct 7, 2022 3:45 pm
I'm interested. I'm a big fan of Firefly. What kind of character do you think the crew is needing right now?
Oct 7, 2022 4:39 pm
Great to hear!
Well I think a rather social character would fit well.
A trader or a diplomat e.g.
Oct 7, 2022 8:03 pm
Scrol says:
Great to hear!
Well I think a rather social character would fit well.
A trader or a diplomat e.g.
Nice. Is there royalty on any planet in this universe?
I was thinking in a former queen or princess who lost her kingdom and was forced to run away in the Lucky Chance. What do you think?
Oct 7, 2022 8:53 pm
No problem. I've let a lot of the details vague in order to facilitate for some world building.
If you want to you can make up some planetary monarchy or let the details up to me
Oct 7, 2022 11:35 pm
Scrol says:
No problem. I've let a lot of the details vague in order to facilitate for some world building.
If you want to you can make up some planetary monarchy or let the details up to me
Great, I'd rather let the details up to you, so that they can be better adapted to the rest of the things you have in mind for the setting. I can provide some further details later, with your approval, if you're ok with it.
Last edited October 7, 2022 11:36 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.