Greetings All

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 25, 2022 10:36 pm
Hi, you can call me Dunko!

I've been playing TTRPG since I was around 10 years old--so that mean's about 20 years...yikes :|
But I don't think I've ever actually played a PbP! Although I did do a couple text only games in Roll20 many years ago.

I'm a forever GM, and these days I prefer systems/games that are heavy on the narration & story mechanics and light on other stuff--Cortex is one of my faves at the moment. I've also been into the Free League systems and I'm hoping to start a Mutant: Year Zero ongoing that plays through all the meta-plot and settings.

I still play IRL and have a weekly SWADE game going right now as well as a bi-weekly Traveller game that sometimes gets switched out for Low Fantasy Gaming west marches.

I'm hoping Play by Post will allow me to microdose some TTRPG throughout the week, keeping my ever present itch at bay!

This seems like such a cool community and I'm excited to try some things out!
Mar 25, 2022 10:40 pm
Welcome Aboard!
GamersPlane has a great community and a wide array of games played. I highly recommend joining the Discord to get to know the community and have some fun!
Mar 25, 2022 11:07 pm
Dunko says:
... Traveller game that sometimes gets switched out for ... west marches ...
Ironically I ran a West Marches game using Traveller. But that was way before you were born. :)
Having a ship --as the 'home town'-- and cryo-sleep (I have not looked at Traveller since the 80s, so I am sure I am getting that name wrong:) allowed for easy explanations of why some characters would (or would not) show up at various times, and travelling to various locations allowed for easily doing whatever mission the players wanted to pursue at that time.

I keep meaning to try Traveller again, and almost bought Mongoose's 2022 edition a few times.
Mar 25, 2022 11:16 pm
Very cool, welcome to GP! GP indeed is a cool community at least from my experience :D
If you think about starting a Traveller adventure I'm definitely interested. I may run a Traveller adventure myself at some point if I find enough interested people
Mar 25, 2022 11:19 pm
Scrol says:
... may run a Traveller adventure myself at some point if I find enough interested people
I see it listed on a lot of people's interests pages, so I am sure there would be some.

I mainly just remember the character creation, and want to recapture that. I don't remember much about how it played, but that means it was not a bad experience.
Mar 25, 2022 11:32 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 25, 2022 11:45 pm
Welcome, Dunko! I hope you find many great microdoses!
Mar 26, 2022 1:07 am
I'll definitely let folks know if I get a Traveller game up and running here! Thanks for the warm welcome all!
Mar 26, 2022 1:20 am
Welcome!
Mar 26, 2022 1:39 am
Hullo!
Mar 26, 2022 3:03 am
Welcome to GP! I have recently been learning about Cortex and it seems like a really cool system. It's next on my list of games I want to try out.

Len

Mar 26, 2022 3:28 am
Welcome to the community, Dunko!
Mar 26, 2022 5:28 am
Welcome, Dunko!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 26, 2022 8:41 am
Hello and welcome!
Mar 27, 2022 4:03 am
Welcome to the community, Dunko. Cortex, Free League, SWADE, Low Fantasy Gaming -- nice repertoire. Come on down! =]
Mar 27, 2022 11:33 am
Welcome and nice Scottish Flag by the way! This is a great community and much better than the other 2 big ones. Hope you enjoy!
Mar 27, 2022 5:29 pm
Welcome!
Mar 31, 2022 1:00 pm
Welcome to the community, @Dunko!
Quote:
I'm hoping Play by Post will allow me to microdose some TTRPG throughout the week, keeping my ever present itch at bay!
Right on! I almost always logged in, so I tend to think of it as TTRPG on an IV drip.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.