General Chat

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 26, 2022 1:26 pm
We can use this thread to discuss things that may not be related to this game or any scene in particular.
Mar 29, 2022 12:11 pm
How do we all feel about having a thread in this game where the public can comment and chat about things, either with us or about us? This is more of a veto than a vote situation, if anyone does not want it, for any reason (which does not need to be explained), it will not happen. Feel free to PM me with your veto --even if it is counter to what you say here-- and we can keep it confidential.

I am not sure how much such a thing would be used, and we can also use it for general OOC stuff not related to the the events in the game, but there has been a 'request' of sorts.
Mar 29, 2022 12:35 pm
I don't mind leaving the OOC thread open to lurkers, I'd have liked that as well, if I ended up being one.
Mar 29, 2022 12:58 pm
Fine by me as well :)
Mar 29, 2022 1:20 pm
I don't mind.
Mar 29, 2022 2:42 pm
sounds good :)
Mar 29, 2022 2:52 pm
Yep, fine by me too.
Mar 29, 2022 3:06 pm
Alright, Public BBS created.
Mar 29, 2022 3:14 pm
I am trying a flatter layout for thread --without subforums-- than I normally use, since the new features on the site favor this. We can create subforums as we need them, they can allow people to selectively subscribe to categories of threads, maybe to avoid being bugged by Outsiders on the BBS. :)
Mar 31, 2022 1:20 pm
TL;DR: CBR+PNK good.

Long version: I GM'd a session online yesterday, and it went pretty smoothly, though it was my first FitD session. The players splitting up shortly after the beginning gave a weird rhythm to the evening, since I had to focus on one at a time were the others had little to no saying, but they had a good time, and it was enough for the undecided to back the game, so I count it as a success.
(Also, once I offered to wrap up since we were ending up late, they unanimously voted to schedule another session to play until the end, even though they're almost there already.)
I improvised the /run with the prompts in the gm pamphlet and it was more than enough for me.
Mar 31, 2022 2:23 pm
the_cava says:
... CBR+PNK good ...
Good.
the_cava says:
... GM'd a session online yesterday ...
Online, but 'live', though? I find FitD to be really good with live, realtime, chat/voice.
the_cava says:
... it was my first FitD session ...
And you managed with only what CBR+PNK gave you? Or did you need to refer to Blades or the SRD?
the_cava says:
... splitting up shortly after the beginning ...
Ha!, Yes, that always happens in FitD. Fortunately the system copes with that well, thought that just means it does not fight the GM, it does make the GM's job any easier since they are, effectively, running multiple games.
the_cava says:
... others had little to no saying ...
If the other players are engages in actively spectating, and enjoy the story the active player is 'telling' then this works well. If they others are on their phones and disengaged, then I force them all together.

Some groups can cope, some love this and are always apart (I have some games where the characters have never been in the same place at the same time:), and some groups can not handle the split. Play the style that works for the group.

PbP makes splitting up much easier, and splitting up can make PbP much easier. Though it still means running multiple games for the GM.
the_cava says:
... it was enough for the undecided to back the game ...
I am still undecided there.

Does backing come with any of the new rules or changes right now? I already bought the game, as well as all but one of the stretch goals (which don't really interest me, since I don't use pre-made material much), so there is little incentive to back it from what I have seen so far.
the_cava says:
... unanimously voted to schedule another session ...
A new oneshot, or a continuation of the current job? You say 'play until the end' and 'almost there', are you going to need to extend things to cover a second session?

Lady Blackbird has been mentioned before, but I have never completed a oneshot of that game in one session, it always takes two. :)
the_cava says:
... improvised the /run with the prompts in the gm pamphlet ...
They did look good enough. I can roll on (or we can pick from) those lists to generate this /run. Or I can tailor something based on the characters (my usual style). It is up to the group what they want to try.
Mar 31, 2022 4:46 pm
vagueGM says:
Online, but 'live', though? I find FitD to be really good with live, realtime, chat/voice.
Yes, live.
vagueGM says:
And you managed with only what CBR+PNK gave you? Or did you need to refer to Blades or the SRD?
I checked the SRD mostly to gauge clocks and threat/effect, and also to clarify resistance rolls, but that's it.
vagueGM says:
Does backing come with any of the new rules or changes right now? I already bought the game, as well as all but one of the stretch goals (which don't really interest me, since I don't use pre-made material much), so there is little incentive to back it from what I have seen so far.
Nothing right now, the advanced rules and additional material will be delivered after the ks ends. I'll be honest, though, I backed it immediately just because of the packaging. I'm weak that way.
vagueGM says:
A new oneshot, or a continuation of the current job? You say 'play until the end' and 'almost there', are you going to need to extend things to cover a second session?
We're g
oing to need a second session as a continuation, but we began a bit late and only managed to play for about 2.5 hours, in which I had to explain the system as well, so that's more because of our scheduling troubles than the game's structure.
vagueGM says:
I can roll on (or we can pick from) those lists to generate this /run. Or I can tailor something based on the characters (my usual style). It is up to the group what they want to try.
My vote is for going with your usual style, I had no idea what characters I was going to have, and it felt fitting to randomise the /run, but that's not the case here.
Mar 31, 2022 7:58 pm
the_cava says:
... checked the SRD mostly to gauge clocks and threat/effect, and also to clarify resistance ...
Nice.
the_cava says:
... because of the packaging ...
I would be backing at Digital only due to tricky delivery, so that packaging is not a selling feature. 'PDF only' does make several Kickstarters disappointing, some of the Starforged physical rewards were pretty awesome, but deliveries would triple the costs and then I have to deal with storing and transporting physical books... What is this? The 80s!? :)

I still can't get an answer from them as to why the Digital level has 5 PDF pamphlets, while the physical has 8. What are the '4x Player pamphlets' compared to the 'Player pamphlet'? This lack of response (coupled with the errors in the current one) is not heartening. :(

It is funded, I will just buy it later if it looks worth it.
the_cava says:
... had to explain the system as well ...
I find the first few (dozen?) sessions of Blades includes a lot of rules explanations, and that it starts to flow so much better once most of the players know how to do things without needing a lesson first.
the_cava says:
... had no idea what characters I was going to have, and it felt fitting to randomise the /run, but that's not the case here ...
Very true. And PbP changes so many things about prep. Knowing that anything I prep now will take a few weeks to mature, means I 'prep' even less than at the table (which is always pretty improvy and big picture/general idea style).

Now I can do a full session of prep between posts, if I want to. :)
Apr 1, 2022 2:39 pm
vagueGM says:
I still can't get an answer from them as to why the Digital level has 5 PDF pamphlets, while the physical has 8. What are the '4x Player pamphlets' compared to the 'Player pamphlet'? This lack of response (coupled with the errors in the current one) is not heartening. :(
The digital level has 5 PDFs and unlocked stretchgoal pamphlets, meaning the other 3 PDFs. The 4x in the physical version is because there will be 4 copies of the character sheets, and they're testing laminates so you can use dry-erase markers on that.
That being said, lack of responses is never a good sign.
vagueGM says:
Very true. And PbP changes so many things about prep. Knowing that anything I prep now will take a few weeks to mature, means I 'prep' even less than at the table (which is always pretty improvy and big picture/general idea style).

Now I can do a full session of prep between posts, if I want to. :)
I agree, pbp is a whole other beast, and its slower rhythm lets you prep more and less stressfully.
Apr 1, 2022 2:54 pm
the_cava says:
... there will be 4 copies of the character sheets ...
That a fact, or are you guessing? That is what I asked them, and the (only?) logical assumption, but
the_cava says:
... they're testing laminates so you can use dry-erase ...
Though, that talk came well after the listing in question.

I am liking the game I have, so it is still tempting to back.
the_cava says:
... more and less stressfully ...
Indeed, it does do both. :)
Apr 6, 2022 12:19 pm
My apologies, I've been a little overwhelmed the last few days, and I'm still reading posts here. If there's something urgent that's missing from my character, or if someone want theirs to have a connection with Kamisori let me know here, I'll do the same if I see something that clicks.
Apr 6, 2022 12:25 pm
the_cava says:
... If there's something urgent that's missing from my character ...
We could use a summary of the current information about the character in Character Creation thread.

I did have some questions from the blurb on your sheet, but was waiting to see if anything had changed.
• Who is Lunette?
• Describe the 'things' you are hoping to 'get up and running' with the proceeds of this run.
• Describe your preferred drones' visuals and functions.
Apr 7, 2022 2:10 pm
I replied in the character creation thread.
May 13, 2022 9:05 am
@Bananabread, @Dunko, @nezzeraj, @nikos: How are we doing?

It's been a few days now, do we need any help getting all our characters back to the group and through the door?

Do we need me to move us to the other side and give us something to contend with?
May 13, 2022 6:19 pm
Hey @vagueGM, sorry I've been offline recently. I'm going through a huge change professionally and it seems I'm going to be overwhelmed for a couple more weeks. Plus my major starts next week, so I don't see myself having free time for gaming any time soon. I was thinking to dropout and leave my place for another player, if that's ok. It was a great opportunity to get familiar with a FitD game, still I'm not sure if it clicks for me better than the traditional OSR systems I'm more familiar with, but I haven't played enough yet to form an opinion. Honestly the main reason I don't want to leave the game is because you're doing amazing work and I don't think I've played before with a GM putting so much effort to prepare the game and explain everything to the players in such detail. I really appreciate this! I hope I didn't drag the game, please feel free to move my character as needed to support the story.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.