Evening events

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 31, 2022 2:06 pm
An expensive cage will not help us in the maze. I prefer armor.
And healing potions are always desired.
Mar 31, 2022 4:04 pm
OOC:
Well, Mal would LOVE some full-plate armor or something like that, but seeing as he hasn't earned any yet, he wouldn't even think to request any at this point. At least not until he can bring stuff himself from the maze.
Mar 31, 2022 7:06 pm
Yoth pays little attention to the music, but keeps a close eye on all activities involving the hellhound. At the moment, Yoth views it as the most significant threat in the camp - especially given that he knows nothing about Anguis. He makes these observations from near his tent, not actively involving himself in any of it.

Eventually, he makes his statements to Semuanya - priests of Semuanya don't really pray. They provide assessments of their situation, state their plans for the coming day, and propose a selection of spells best suited to those plans.
OOC:
The challenge with the gear requests is that the limit on what can be requested is for the whole group, so without a lot of back and forth, it's hard to know how much you can request as an individual before it eats into someone else's request.

With that said, Yoth would like to get several vials of holy water and one or two healing potions. He would also like some javelins and a quiver to carry them in. He's not strong enough to wear armor heavier than chain without taking on the movement penalty, so he's not going to ask for new armor at this time.
Mar 31, 2022 7:26 pm
OOC:
i share the love for the full plate here XD.

Aguis is personally up for the cage, safety reasons, but hey, maybe living in same space as a hellhound ain't motivational enough for the rest, especially npc villagers....

So... Considering that the cage is not an option, Anguis will suggest a couple of javelins and HP potions, a fire resistance potion, cooks utensils/tools + a hand axe?.

Btw what do i need to roll for Anguis to understand that burning corpse like dat= eating for hellhounds?

Will edit the post when i receive my answers.
Last edited March 31, 2022 7:32 pm
Mar 31, 2022 7:28 pm
OOC:
I'm sorry to push you to cooperate in such a brutal way. It is actually only one PC who who's decision will mater: Thorem. You could talk to Thorem IC or to GeneCortess OOC . I will be waiting @GeneCortess to make the decision because Thorem was just so good at entertainment and involved even has background feature on that
Mar 31, 2022 7:34 pm
OOC:
Then why do you ask for others opinions/desires? This is a cruel move my dude.
Mar 31, 2022 7:36 pm
OOC:
Armor costs is based on rules you could get Studded leather without even asking, it chap and it is not a blacksmith. The next good option is Splint 200 gp, eah of two blacksmiths could make one per night. Full plate is hardly an option - 1500 gp means 4 days for both of them to make one. You could consider getting single Half plate by 5 or 6.
Mar 31, 2022 7:41 pm
Bubbles says:
OOC:
Then why do you ask for others opinions/desires? This is a cruel move my dude.
Because I believe GeneCortess will listen your opinions both OOC and IC for RP reasons
and
because I believe you are a team and understand that if you help other player PC to improve their AC it would indirectly benefit yourself as party, i.e. healers would be able to heal You more often
and
because I want to reward player for taking actions aimed at RP rather than gaining mechanical benefits
Mar 31, 2022 8:08 pm
OOC:
I'm sorry I believe I miscalculated cost of the cage @bubbles could we get back to the cage dimensions in foots please. if it is a cube of 2.5 feet each dimension that is enough to squeeze medium creature technically it will be 50 gp.
Mar 31, 2022 8:24 pm
OOC:
I think Mal would know, then, that he wants splint mail. He is much more aware with the way the world works than I am.

*lol*
Mar 31, 2022 8:46 pm
GreyWord says:
OOC:
I'm sorry I believe I miscalculated cost of the cage @bubbles could we get back to the cage dimensions in foots please. if it is a cube of 2.5 feet each dimension that is enough to squeeze medium creature technically it will be 50 gp.
I mean anguis would want a proper up to size dog cage, you know, not that cartoon - your body sticking out of every crevasse alternative...
Last edited March 31, 2022 8:47 pm
Mar 31, 2022 10:45 pm
OOC:
Yeppers. Thorem is rather agreeable on getting the purchases. He only adds healing potions to those thoughts. Thorem is updated.
Last edited March 31, 2022 10:56 pm
Apr 1, 2022 12:53 am
Hey Thorem. I asked Lilly for breastplate armor but I don't think she gave it much thought. When you talk to the blacksmiths could you ask about it?
OOC:
Cost 200 and would improve my AC from 15 to 17.
Apr 1, 2022 1:15 am
Thorem replies back agreeingly, Bellow my friend. I will do my best to see if we can get you one soon. It would be best.
Last edited April 1, 2022 1:16 am
Apr 1, 2022 8:01 am
OOC:
OK hellhound cage would cost 50 gp and they would be able to finish it before you go to sleep if take that as priority (which they will for their own safety)
Still I'm confused why Gnellson think breastplate cost 200. Let's do this again Here are thing I've seen you mention and their effort

Blacksmith together 400 gp per day
Breastplate 400 gp AC 14 + Dex modifier (max 2)
Plate 1,500 gp AC 18
Splint 200 gp AC 17
Cage 50 gp good enough to keep hellhound inside
Javelin 0.5 gp
Handaxe 5 gp

Alchimist and herbalist - together 600 gp per day
Potion of healing 50 gp
Potion of greater healing 250 gp
Potion of resistance 250 gp

Tinker 200gp per day
cooks utensils/tools - 1gp

As for now I understadn you ordered 12 potions of healing and 1 Breastplate running out of capacity for anything else. I hope that is wrong and will delay game until we fix the order. And Anguis get his cooks utensils right now (it takes like 10 minutes to thinker one)

Apr 1, 2022 9:30 am
Anguis walks towards the dwarf, clearly feeling uncomfortable about asking him to do something If you don't mind sparing some resources, I would appreciate if I could commission a cage for the hound, to leave it for running around in the night is foolish, but i'm not giving up on taming one. If my teacher could do it I should also be able to.... though I dont remember much about the process... or my teacher. He scowls disappointed in his own inability to remember or create the cage.
Last edited April 1, 2022 9:31 am
Apr 1, 2022 3:10 pm
My mistake on cost of breastplate. It is more expensive (400gp) than I "remembered".
Apr 1, 2022 4:55 pm
Thorem replies back To Anguis, Anguis (Thorem never uses Greg.) if it wasn't that you are a fine combat mate I wouldn't, but I will do what I can to get you that cage. Thorem has more than obvious dislike & distrust for the Hell Hound. Could it be that he still roasted from it. The thought somehow brings stranger thoughts of Thorem being a knight/warrior.
Last edited April 1, 2022 4:58 pm
Apr 2, 2022 12:51 pm
OOC:
So, could anyone help me understand what is blackmith doing tonight? Do we stay with breastplate ?
Apr 2, 2022 1:24 pm
I visit Thorem to confess my mistake.
Thorem, Lilly came and told me why she was so cold to my armor request. It would cost twice what I expected. If it's not too late, maybe you could request a Chain shirt for me instead. Much better price. And I did just recover this precious protection ring.
See what you can do.
And thanks.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.